Tinted window?? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Tinted window??

lee black
17-12-08, 16:11
Hi there,

Does anybody know where i can get my sliding door window tinted????
I'm living in the Swansea area

Thanks

Lee

A60HMS
19-12-08, 08:37
if it is just the side windows buy the tint from halfords and do it yourself it is so easy but i would not try and do the back window as it is a nightmare due to the curve
good luck

vwaddict
20-12-08, 18:48
dont buy the tint from halfrauds its cheap .search ebay theres a guy sells the professional stuff 5metres for 12 good quality thick stuff and do it yourself its easier than you might think

auto-photos
21-12-08, 00:23
if you want it done properly go see the tint wizard in tonna , hes a tidy bloke and a good price, awesome job he did on my volvo before - try hi , he should be in the yellow pages to

J-T5
21-12-08, 13:15
I had to get my 2 sliding windows and rear quarter windows tinted, as soon as I mentioned sliding windows the price went right up, quotes were around 250 just for 4 windows:eek:

So I brought some film from ebay, its only 14 and figured its worth ago, if I ballsed it up I'd just pay to et someone to do it.

Done the back windows and the rear part of the sliding windows, was pretty easy really, what makes it easier is that the windows have a black band round the edge which means that you don't have to be very accurate with your cuttingI:

Had problems with the front part of the sliding window. First had to take the catch off which was a bit of a pain, then once I applied the film when I opened the window after it pulled all the tint off, also its hard to get the film pressed right to the bottom of the window as the frame is in the way.

I think I've sussed it tho, going to cut the film tight up against the black edging strip and leave it a few days to dry before opening the window this time:cool:

Anyhow, what I was originally going to say was the the ebay user id that I got the film from is windowtintuk_com - seems good quality film.

If you want to try it yourself let me know and I'll send you some more infro, providing I don't **** it up againLOL:

Jay

steve padda
23-12-08, 09:55
dont buy the tint from halfrauds its cheap .search ebay theres a guy sells the professional stuff 5metres for 12 good quality thick stuff and do it yourself its easier than you might think

Hi vw addict do you have a seller name for this guy please.
thanks
steve

Century
23-12-08, 20:08
How much film do you need?

vwaddict
24-12-08, 11:19
Hi vw addict do you have a seller name for this guy please.
thanks
steve

yes mate user id was alltints i bought mine about 18 months ago good stuff

steve padda
24-12-08, 13:45
yes mate user id was alltints i bought mine about 18 months ago good stuff

Thanks Buddy

steve

damo
04-01-09, 15:30
Back screen is and you have to be careful of the mister elements

Hobbsy
04-01-09, 18:07
150 all windows newport auto tint quoted me! and thats for a window van ie 7 windows. he has done three cars for me over the years, I know its a long way but well worth it m8, give me a shout if you want and ill have a word with him to see if he will do us a deal if we go together..... strenght in numbers...A: