LHD head lights [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

LHD head lights

Azim
06-01-09, 06:25
My vehicles a LHD from Europe so ,can a LHD headlights be converted or modified so they would be suitable for UK roads??
Can the beam pattern be altered by a cheap fix or do i need to buy RHD lamps ??.

Billabus
06-01-09, 10:00
The lhd beams cannot be satisfactorily changed to rhd. I imported my 2001 2.5 from Germany and had it mot'd with the lhd lights on. I bought a pair of stick-on deflectors and the mot tester used his beam-checking kit to stick them on for me ! Since been mot'd again and no problems.

If you do decvde to go for rhd lights, try the main dealer. I went to a number of retailers who could not supply a matching pair or were going to charge me 100 each. Bought them from the main dealer for 79.00 each ! Rang the independent retailer and he advised that THEY buy them from the dealers and the rest is their mark-up ! Good luck !

Azim
06-01-09, 10:23
. I bought a pair of stick-on deflectors and the mot tester used his beam-checking kit to stick them on for me ! Since been mot'd again and no problems.

! Good luck !

Where can i purchase the stick on deflectors from mate.?

Azim
06-01-09, 10:27
Justv realized these are available fro Halfrauds ect .

dmetcalfe
06-01-09, 11:28
azim you have pm, i am looking for some lhd headlights, would rather buy them from you, but if you want can do a straight swap, mine are a short nose, 99 van with no height adjustment

Azim
06-01-09, 12:20
dmetcalfe you have a pm too.

Mines a pre 97 short nose.

vwaddict
06-01-09, 20:40
did you find the owner yet I: