Front fog lights [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Front fog lights

offroad boy
07-01-09, 16:20
Hi all does any one know where i can get some fog lights for the van also has any one else fitted a set is there much work invoved

reimoboy
07-01-09, 16:27
Fog lights and fitting kit available from here http://www.t4srus.co.uk/Products.asp?pid=86

Do a search on the forum as there are quite a few threads on how to fit/wire them in :ILU:

offroad boy
07-01-09, 16:36
Cheers buddie always fancied a set did nt realise they were that much money but hey you cant take it with you

offroad boy
07-01-09, 18:39
Hi ya buddie i thimk its a short nose but not a 100% sure i know it sounds stupid but i am new to this

andygti39
08-01-09, 17:59
Hi ya buddie i thimk its a short nose but not a 100% sure i know it sounds stupid but i am new to this

a long nose is what is fitted to all late caravelle's its also known as a smilley front due to the angled headlights.

i might be interested in the fogs and switch if offroad boy isn't.

vwaddict
09-01-09, 17:33
i bought these ones for mine had the genuine ones on my last van and wanted something more modern looking these are half the price and easier to fit
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-TRANSPORTER-T4-1996-2004-set-fog-light-lamp-grille_W0QQitemZ170291408637QQihZ007QQcategoryZ286 45QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

colese
23-01-09, 20:37
have a set of these on order,how hard are they to fit??.:ILU:

Conspiracy
23-01-09, 22:57

Rocketron fitted mine in about half hour if that T: Bought a headlight switch off ebay from a GTi/VR6 to operate the fogs 9, a wiring kit inc relay from Halfords 12 and off he went ;) You only need to remove approx half the width of the original fog light plastic on the bumper and they screw straight in place :cool:

If ya get stuck, drop me or Ron a pm dude T:

Cheers

Chris :ILU:

vwaddict
24-01-09, 10:01

update on my last post finally got round to fitting these last weekend and the fitting is the plastic moulded part doesnt fit properly so there is a large gap .sod is that once you cut the bumper you have to fit them or your left with holes in your bumper i maybe got a bad batch but wouldnt reccomend them now lesson learned i will now buy the proper ones :(

Conspiracy
24-01-09, 10:25
Do you mean the gap where the bumper recesses in (inner top of fog light) or elsewhere?

Mine fit OK all round except this one part, probably not as noticeable on a darker colour bumper. I know Ron had to thin the back edges of his so they sat flat ;)

Shame ya not happy with them, I think they've sorted the front of mine out a treat T: but then I think Take That & the Spice Girls are cool I:LOL:

Cheers

Chris :ILU: