saggy struts [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

saggy struts

richie
10-01-09, 14:58
Hi all, well after 3 years of ownership my tailgate struts are now getting a bit droopy at full extension, 6mm ply, 6 by 9,s and three hundred weight of soundproofing have not helped i suppose, so does any one know how much they cost or if there are any good after market around like heavy duty style????? CHEERS. RICHIE.

jeffscarborough
10-01-09, 16:21
Might just be the cold weather thats causing your droop I:

I've noticed it on other cars in the winter.

I got some new ones from ebay, they hold up the tailgate with a Fiamma bike rack fitted (no bikes fitted).

richie
10-01-09, 22:30
Hi jeff, they,ve been drooping for a bit now before the cold snap but i agree the low temps dont help, how much did yours cost approx? thanks mate.

tidytransporters
10-01-09, 22:36
Hi there are heavy duty struts available from vw, dont cost the earth and appernatly cost the same as the saggy ones you have now. There has been talk of these on the forum before, i am sure somebody will post the part number for them........:ILU:

jeffscarborough
11-01-09, 08:03
Hi jeff, they,ve been drooping for a bit now before the cold snap but i agree the low temps dont help, how much did yours cost approx? thanks mate.

I think about 30 for a pair of heavy duty ones.

Have you tried the 'search' on here for struts / tailgate strut ?

Or phone up your local VW dealer and ask.

richie
11-01-09, 08:34
thanks for that jeff, thought they were gonna cost me a body part or summat, i,l get on ,t phone tommorow an get sum hd ones orderedT:

reimoboy
11-01-09, 08:46
Hi Richie,

part number and price courtesy of Cordwallis Main dealer ( Maidenhead) for upgraded gas struts:

7d0829331g gasfilstru 39.85 each +vat.

Hope that helps

Simon :)