Anyone been done for using these german plates? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Anyone been done for using these german plates?

CC84
20-01-09, 23:19
Has anyone been done for using these German plates with correct digit spacing?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200296402897&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=110335433781&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D 4%26ps%3D42

nealglover
21-01-09, 00:18
they are illegal (like all plates that dont use the 1 legal font) but it's your choice?

A few have been done using german fonts/spacing

Use the search there have been lots of threads on here about german plates.

dubster75
21-01-09, 01:14
seriously not worth the hassle, i had these on my mk2 golf and got pulled by the police, i was caught by the number plate recognition system as it couldn't read my plate, i got a 30 fine and told to change my plates, so not only did i have to shell out for a replacement set i also had a fine, all in all about 70. the police also told me that they and the dvla are now cracking down hard on all "dodgy" plates, so any plate that isn't standard issue ie: font, letter size and spacing will not only get you a 30 fine you will now also be reported to the dvla and a notice will be placed on the car! what this means is if you still continue to use your illegal plates and proceed to be caught the dvla will now decide whether to RE-VOKE YOUR NUMBER PLATE!!!. if they do this your car will then be technically worthless, however they will give you the chance to re-purchase your plate at a cost, but the real sting in the tail is that if they find they do not want to re-sell your plate to you, they will issue you a Q PLATE!!!. i have this on good authority as the 3 (3rd fine and now dvla notice on car) times i have been stopped all of the officers told me the same thing. just stick to standard plates, save you a lot of grief in the long run.

colese
21-01-09, 07:06
benn running german plates for 2 years now,no puller yet................:D

Oppps hope i have not tempted fate.....:eek:

vwaddict
21-01-09, 18:04
this particular thread springs to mind keep them for the shows they just attract unwanted rozzer attention
https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16280&highlight=german+plates

dubster75
21-01-09, 20:34
COLESET4 YOUR TIME HAS COME!!!Rasp: BE WARNEDRasp: WATCH THEM BLOODY ROZZERS:*

T4 VIRGIN,
21-01-09, 21:54
same a coleset4 not had any probs so far

vwaddict
23-01-09, 19:11
careful paul the scumbags up here dont take prisoners i got a 60 fine and a warning letter from dvla for my plate had to change to legals :ILU:

king marty
23-01-09, 19:30
know 6 people who have a few VAG rides, and all have been done..:*

T4 00 KAH
23-01-09, 19:34
the wife got pulled was lucky to get a warning, and these's plates will fail an MOT T:

colese
23-01-09, 19:38
keep meaning to change them,even had new plates made,but just keep forgeting,best do it before the MOT though.:(

T4 VIRGIN,
23-01-09, 20:04
careful paul the scumbags up here dont take prisoners i got a 60 fine and a warning letter from dvla for my plate had to change to legals :ILU:

was that not because you had misrepresented/spaced the letters,i got mines through the mot with them on the tester told me they were legal :eek: metal pressed german style with the little cut out bit on the number 0,;)

vwaddict
23-01-09, 20:07
yeah mine were illegaly spaced but any plate that isnt the standard style will get you done they also must have a british standard number on bottom right of plate you may have been lucky up to now but fife police are clamping down its only a matter of time depends if you have 60 to lose or not :ILU:

T4 VIRGIN,
23-01-09, 20:16
yeah mine were illegaly spaced but any plate that isnt the standard style will get you done they also must have a british standard number on bottom right of plate you may have been lucky up to now but fife police are clamping down its only a matter of time depends if you have 60 to lose or not :ILU:

right now definetly cant lose 60,i got stopped with my old van for a front no plate that was 10''inches x3''inches,traffic officer was really good told me to get it off asap,no fine and no 21 day rectification,i told him he could read it no problems-he replied its that small the only way he would be able to read it easy enough would be if i was running him overLOL:

BANANAVAN
23-01-09, 20:27
http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ The closest thing! without a policewoman pulling you off!

t4-4 eva
24-01-09, 17:57
i bought a set on a saturday done on the monday !!! ive personalised plate so i was reported to dvla who threatened to also take the plate off me :eek:, dunno what was worse shelling out the dosh or the head kicking of the missus cus i got " I TOLD YOU SO "
:*

8 Ball
24-01-09, 22:11
Hey legal or not, they'd be half the price in your local auto factors,
could even be made on plastic version.

BANANAVAN
24-01-09, 22:42
Hey legal or not, they'd be half the price in your local auto factors,
could even be made on plastic version.

pressed plastic german plates! :confused:

vwaddict
25-01-09, 17:11
new one on me I:

crftom
25-01-09, 17:49
bloody hell guys, standard issue you have to run euro plates on your van.

tom