Clutch questions [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Clutch questions

junglegusset2
22-01-09, 18:15
I've known that my clutch has been on it's way out for a while. Recently when you accelerate in third and fourth gear you can hear the engine racing but the power is no being sent to the wheels, I've never professed to being much of a mechanic but I reckon the clutch is slipping and needs replacing. Does anyone think I am wrong? Could this be anything else? If I am right how much can I expect to pay for new clutch plus fitting roughly for a 1.9TD?

BICKEY
22-01-09, 18:20
I've known that my clutch has been on it's way out for a while. Recently when you accelerate in third and fourth gear you can hear the engine racing but the power is no being sent to the wheels, I've never professed to being much of a mechanic but I reckon the clutch is slipping and needs replacing. Does anyone think I am wrong? Could this be anything else? If I am right how much can I expect to pay for new clutch plus fitting roughly for a 1.9TD?

Yes your clutch is slipping or your driving on ice!! Price will depend on how much damage is on the pressure plate & flywheel.:(