how fast !!!!! what does yours do? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

how fast !!!!! what does yours do?

conwaydance
30-01-09, 20:36
hi just got my 2.4 lwb factory hitop on the road and give it a maiden voyage to yorkshire and back and i was realy suprised how fast it go for a none turbo was expecting maybe 75 ish (officer) but oh no 90 plus i could not belive it not to bad on fuel either about 25 to the gallon ,obviously at 70 ish , did think the gearbox was noisy in 2nd n 4th till i reilised it was the gear leaver boot coming open every time i changed gear,it just needed clipping down at the front .:D

JIMMYJAMES
30-01-09, 20:39
Mines a 1.9td with Project Power and does about 95mph. Could probably get more but i dont want to blow my van up!

HGBMX
30-01-09, 20:44
mine is a 1.9tdi with nothing done to the engine and i can get 90 out of it easy just the acceraltion is abit poo

conwaydance
30-01-09, 20:49
Mines a 1.9td with Project Power and does about 95mph. Could probably get more but i dont want to blow my van up!

i have olso a t25 crew cab with a 1.9td in it and that is flat out at 70 down hill with a large wardrobe straped to it with the wind behind me ,so thats good , are you sure its not a tdi

slimbo
30-01-09, 21:15
my ex AA when in working livery and kit would do an indicated 110 down a hill!!!

now it has a hightop its built for comfort not speed..

LittleKatie
30-01-09, 21:20
When I had a 1.9td it would do about 90... It was reasonably quick but when loaded it was slugish...

I used a 2.4 lwb for a couple of weeks and it was no faster than the 1.9.. But the 2.4 drank diesel by comparison..

I now have an 03 2.5tdi and it will do 115 easilly.. And, if driven sensably at a steady 60 will return about 47 mpg on a run.. I am well impressed with it..

Katie.

JIMMYJAMES
30-01-09, 21:21
i have olso a t25 crew cab with a 1.9td in it and that is flat out at 70 down hill with a large wardrobe straped to it with the wind behind me ,so thats good , are you sure its not a tdi

Project power = Intercooler increased fuel and boost hence better performance loads on it but you will need to be a full member to view the threads.

Best tenner you will spend on your van bud!

surfmatt
30-01-09, 22:18
2.5tdi 102....mph happily ;)

crftom
30-01-09, 22:23
mine does
30 in a 30
40 in a 40
50 in a 50
60 in a 60
70 in a 70

BANANAVAN
30-01-09, 22:37
mine does
30 in a 30
40 in a 40
50 in a 50
60 in a 60
70 in a 70

I do
35 in a 30
46 in a 40
57 in a 50
68 in a 60
79 in a 70
T:

vanbling
31-01-09, 02:14
I now have an 03 2.5tdi and it will do 115 easilly.. And, if driven sensably at a steady 60 will return about 47 mpg on a run.. I am well impressed with it..

Katie.

I'm calling BULLSH*T on this one! LOL:
115mph is well into the redline and you most certainly don't get 47mpg at 60mph.

I'd check your figures and also post up a picture of your 'easy' 115mph to prove it!

The 2.5tdi gearboxes are pretty much the same so top spead is all governed by the gearing i.e at 70mph it will be doing 3,200revs etc and there is no deviation!

Now the way you get there is a different story..... Project Power baby, and I aint on about any of this copycat title 1.9tdi Project Power rubbish LOL: . The title Project Power was created solely for the 2.5tdi and is now a set method/proceedure of increasing the power of the 2.5tdi AJT/ACV engines. T: any other title relating to other engines eg 1.9 are simply wannabes that can't be bothered to come up with there own title threads. It would be like me creating a plastics interior and calling it styleline, when everyone knows that there is only one styleline manufacture! T:

JIMMYJAMES
31-01-09, 02:45
115mph is well into the redline and you most certainly don't get 47mpg at 60mph.

I'd check your figures and also post up a picture of your 'easy' 115mph to prove it!

The 2.5tdi gearboxes are pretty much the same so top spead is all governed by the gearing i.e at 70mph it will be doing 3,200revs etc and there is no deviation!

Now the way you get there is a different story..... Project Power baby, and I aint on about any of this copycat title 1.9tdi Project Power rubbish LOL: . The title Project Power was created solely for the 2.5tdi and is now a set method/proceedure of increasing the power of the 2.5tdi AJT/ACV engines. T: any other title relating to other engines eg 1.9 are simply wannabes that can't be bothered to come up with there own title threads. It would be like me creating a plastics interior and calling it styleline, when everyone knows that there is only one styleline manufacture! T:

:no:no:no:no Nooooooo Neeeeeeeeeeeeed how is that constructive to this thread, step away from the soap box! Its the way it is mate who cares what its called, now go and have a fag/beer or both and let people think what they want to think. Chill, Peace and love is the order of the day A:

Blackett
31-01-09, 18:57
No way is 115 mph well into the redline!!!! My van has achieved an indicated 112mph at 4200 RPM, which isn't red!

Ian. :D

big bazza
31-01-09, 19:06
ive had 93 mph out of my bog standard 1.9 td,

vwt4graham
31-01-09, 19:11
ive had 93 mph out of my bog standard 1.9 td,

now that has to be into the red line!!!!!!!! mine does bout 85ish before coming up to the red line.... though i do suppose many vans may act differently

golfgtioz
31-01-09, 19:48
ive had 95 out of my 1.9td ( once only ) , fitted with 245,40,18 tyres so cant have been to far away from actual speed ..

colese
31-01-09, 21:14
would of thought 80 was about as fast as we should be going,over the limit but sensible

i know blackett runs his on a track.....:D

But anything over 90/95 or defo 100mph is dangerous and stupid and i think threads like this should not be encouraged.............

:ILU:

dick.tracy
31-01-09, 22:19
Now I've read this I'm gonna see what she can do! I reckon I can get 130 out of her easily through town!

No, seriously, we are all adults, we have all taken the test, we all know the consequences of inappropriate speed.

PS, on a runway I saw 115 on my speedo!

(ex AA PP 155BHP)

LittleKatie
31-01-09, 23:52
Redline at 85 - someone needs to change into 5th gear I think.

Changing wheels and tyres can in fact change the overall gearing somewhat.

But for those that hail the 'Project Power' concept - fine!
It is only a matter of fitting .216 injector nozzles and having a re-map.
Unfortunatly several that have tried have only managed 130 odd HP.

Consistant terbo boost preasure, a mechanicly sound engine, injection timing and a re-map - and keeping standard injector nozzles will yeald a decent power increase and give very good fuel consumption when driven with care.

I write the above for information only - I wouldnt advocate speeding on public roads !

Katie..

JIMMYJAMES
01-02-09, 00:55
Redline at 85 - someone needs to change into 5th gear I think.

LOL:LOL:LOL:

I write the above for information only - I wouldnt advocate speeding on public roads !

Private runway obviously T:

karlos
01-02-09, 04:50
i have a early 2.4 hightop not standard either but a aftermarket high top before roof i was getting 90 flat out tho took a while to get there after 85 now i get about 80 flat out with hightop fitted the standard hightop is not quite as high as mine but if anybody has a 1.9td i would think you would get 90/95 as standard if not fit a tuning box or get it remap if newer model.my mate has a t25 1.9 petrol i think and we are neck and neck in a race same acceleration and top speed tho i pull better on hills and drink less fuelhttps://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=187&pictureid=913

dick.tracy
01-02-09, 08:07
i have a early 2.4 hightop not standard either but a aftermarket high top before roof i was getting 90 flat out tho took a while to get there after 85 now i get about 80 flat out with hightop fitted the standard hightop is not quite as high as mine but if anybody has a 1.9td i would think you would get 90/95 as standard if not fit a tuning box or get it remap if newer model.my mate has a t25 1.9 petrol i think and we are neck and neck in a race same acceleration and top speed tho i pull better on hills and drink less fuelhttps://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=187&pictureid=913

If you drink less you're probably slimmer than him, that can make a difference as well you know!

conwaydance
01-02-09, 13:20
sorry to upset anyone about me asking how "fast is yours "it was only trying to find out if mine was fast or slow realy ,i did nt want to open a can of worms and people trying to find out how fast there van is ,as i know 70 is fast enough on our roads, expecally the side roads! but seriously, please drive safe they are vans at the end of the day and not gti,s:ILU:

LittleKatie
01-02-09, 13:48
Keep death off the roads - drive on the pavement !

I:

Katie.

vee-dubber
01-02-09, 14:10

no need for the lectureRasp:

adamspad5
01-02-09, 14:53
I do
35 in a 30
46 in a 40
57 in a 50
68 in a 60
79 in a 70
T:

After stupidley misreading this i set about finding myself a nice flat, quiet stretch of national speed limit road to test out how long it would take me to reach these speeds. Ive got a 1.8 petrol running a diesel gearbox with GTI (k-jet) injection fitted so would be intereted to see the results.
30 took 6s
40 took 10s
50 took 14s
60 took 19s
and 70 took 26s.
I was happy with results as its still only a 1.8. The acceleration pretty much becomes non existent after that, and will finally reach 95mph, just. although this i have only done once, my ears couldn't take doing it again. And the fuel cost seems to grow heaviley at that kinda speed.

Blackett
01-02-09, 16:27
Mine did 0-58 in 11.7 seconds at Santa Pod, recorded at the 1/8th mile by FIA Approved timing gear!

cjm_2008
01-02-09, 17:10
my van has it's own subspace shielding and anti-matter reactor powered wormhole generator (vw factory option). I can achieve a top speed of about 9 pcs / sec.

trouble is, at that speed, the MPG is rubbish. and what with the price of diesel, I never really take it above 80.

If I wasn't careful, I could actually reverse / slow down the earths rotation, which would mean a longer working day. bad news for all concerned.

conwaydance
01-02-09, 20:04
yer i was looking at one of those reactors ,but opted for the flux capacitor insted its more eco frendly !!

Blackett
02-02-09, 07:12
yer i was looking at one of those reactors ,but opted for the flux capacitor insted its more eco frendly !!

Saw this and thought of you!

http://www.shopneo.co.uk/files/cache/4047028fa848a07b0da30866ecd1672a.jpg

big bazza
02-02-09, 17:05
now that has to be into the red line!!!!!!!! mine does bout 85ish before coming up to the red line.... though i do suppose many vans may act differently

i havent got a rev counter but yeah it was screaming a bit

boardman
02-02-09, 22:50
yeh i was going to get a flux capacitor transplant ,but my guy said the performance increase was negligable over the vr6 LOL:

Twizz
03-02-09, 10:26
My 2003 Caravelle (88BHP 2.5TDI) has indicated on the speedo 108MPH but that was also with a full load (all eight passengers and their luggage) so it took a while to get there.

Would like install an Intercooler and bigger injectors, maybe even a remap and then see what she can do.

I installed a performance box but not sure if it has done any good. I worked it out (did a run to Bristol and back) and amazingly got about 45MPG. My Passat gives me 60MPG (motorways)

chazkayak
15-03-09, 20:07
Mine is a 2.4 lwb, I get comfortably 80mph at a push 95mph, tail wind 100mph. Uphill it dies to around 70mph.

I have driven a german 2.5td, dont know what year, but that had no problems towing a canoe trailer at 160KPH (100mph), and it did it for seven hours solid.

Now before i get any speeding comments, I live in Germany, the land of the autobahn!!

vwaddict
15-03-09, 20:13
i had 123mph out of mine yesterday sure made the gti golf i was following take notice

smellysock
15-03-09, 20:25
I think everyone is missing the point here :confused::confused::confused:

Surely it is not "How Fast" our machines go :cool:

It is "How Stylish do they do it?" I:

vwaddict
15-03-09, 20:26
ok i had 123mph out of mine today and man it looked stylish doing it LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

smellysock
15-03-09, 20:29
ok i had 123mph out of mine today and man it looked stlish doing it lol:lol:lol:lol:

lol lol lol h: H: H:

rhinochaser
15-03-09, 20:41
ok i had 123mph out of mine today and man it looked stylish doing it LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

that was on that private road wasnt itI:I:

vwaddict
15-03-09, 20:51
of course goes without saying

TDI Dave
15-03-09, 21:07
I think youve all lost the plot somewhere ?

why do you want a fast van ? mind boggles buy a decent car if you wanna go fast ? why spend ££££ on pp and such on vw vans there will always be a beemer flashing at you to move out the way ,it seems to me that the t4 is just the chavy boy racer way of getting into the vw scene and totaly missing the point of the scene

If your doin it for santa pod BWA stlye well fair play ill get my coat

As for bragging about doing over the ton on public roads in a near on 2 tonne VAN well any prize prcik can drive fast not so cool when this happens to you and other inocent partys
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z50/bus-yed/images.jpg
before you get too excited the driver survived but many dont

Slow an low way ta go
T:

TDI Dave
15-03-09, 21:11
My 2003 Caravelle (88BHP 2.5TDI) has indicated on the speedo 108MPH but that was also with a full load (all eight passengers and their luggage) so it took a while to get there.

Would like install an Intercooler and bigger injectors, maybe even a remap and then see what she can do.

I installed a performance box but not sure if it has done any good. I worked it out (did a run to Bristol and back) and amazingly got about 45MPG. My Passat gives me 60MPG (motorways)

Class that fully loaded with eight potential victims ,Would like install an Intercooler and bigger injectors, maybe even a remap and then see what she can do
Ans; prob kill them all ,unless your a caring biker type and make all ya pillions were crash gear

cally
15-03-09, 21:12
Cant argue with that....A:A:...

colese
15-03-09, 21:13
Class that fully loaded with eight potential victims ,Would like install an Intercooler and bigger injectors, maybe even a remap and then see what she can do
Ans; prob kill them all ,unless your a caring biker type and make all ya pillions were crash gear

could not of said it better myself mate....:ILU:

smellysock
15-03-09, 21:31
Y:

In my line of work I have come across it all. :(

Drive sensibly and you have a better chance of avoiding an RTC but remember it may not be you who is at fault. :blg

Drive slower and you have a better chance of surviving if you are unfortunate.T:

Don't wish to lecture but I see the results of bad driving all the time and I believe in saving lives whenever possible.

So-Kal
15-03-09, 23:19
I do
35 in a 30
46 in a 40
57 in a 50
68 in a 60
79 in a 70
T:

Glass houses and big rocks spring to mind..........:confused:

It's a personal choice guys - but you'll have to forgive me if I don't think that breaking the speed limit on a public road - especially to the extent that some of you are claiming - is absolutely pathetic - made even worse by bragging about it on here like it's something to be proud of........:(

BANANAVAN
15-03-09, 23:24
glass houses and big rocks spring to mind..........:confused:

It's a personal choice guys - but you'll have to forgive me if i don't think that breaking the speed limit on a public road - especially to the extent that some of you are claiming - is absolutely pathetic - made even worse by bragging about it on here like it's something to be proud of........:(

speedo v gps

So-Kal
15-03-09, 23:41
speedo v gps

Lies Vs Excuses, Jim - if you'd meant that, you'd have written it.

As I say, glass houses and big rocks really don't mix that well, do they.......... I:

crftom
15-03-09, 23:46
yes the popcorn is out agian, wonder how long it will take jimbo to delete this thread? and where the hell is my popcorn smiley????????????????

cally
15-03-09, 23:47
Lies Vs Excuses, Jim - if you'd meant that, you'd have written it.

As I say, glass houses and big rocks really don't mix that well, do they.......... I:

Now now.... come on, jim aint far off by here, the speeds he stated aint far off, your speedo is out a little, every car i've driven is....

You surely could have picked up on people bragging doing a 100+....:confused:...

79 in a 70 aint bad at all really is it...:confused:...

Peace and out....l:D

Ant..T:

BANANAVAN
15-03-09, 23:49
Now now.... come on, jim aint far off by here, the speeds he stated aint far off, your speedo is out a little, every car i've driven is....

You surely could have picked up on people bragging doing a 100+....:confused:...

Ant..T:

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=181184&highlight=SPEED#post181184

Save him searching T:

tidytransporters
16-03-09, 00:04
stella posts?

BANANAVAN
16-03-09, 00:14
https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42568&highlight=SPEEDING#post42568

oh and another one

Yup i have an sp30 +3 points from 4 years ago I'm just one of over 5 Million drivers who has Have you?

colese
16-03-09, 07:16

Ant..T:

agrre with you there mate,everyone at some point drives slightly over the speed limit.i know i do....but slightly i might add..

Anyone who says they dont is not telling the truth....

I will accept that up to 90 maybe on a open motorway is just about poss to live with,ecspecially with days vechiles,but braggng about over that on public roads is not on......

hope people would be able to live with there actions,should something go wrong..:ILU:

Only my thoughts..............:D

Jimbo
16-03-09, 08:11
Morning All

So what’s going on here then, first read, I'm thinking mustn't have people bragging they are doing 150mph on the queens highway, but 79mph - Oh come on, if anyone has been on the M25, if you are doing 70, you will be treated like a mobile chicane. I know this, cos its me who is usually that annoying old duffer in the slow land towing something :D

However, I have been a biker for the last 25years and ride something that is "capable" of hitting 79mph in first gear ... but this subject is simple - if you speed, your going to get nicked (eventually) or more to the subject in hand have a crash - law of averages and all that.

If someone wants to tell everyone about it, its their look out - just bear in mind also the number of people who get nicked off you tube for posting their speeding video's ...

Jimbo

So-Kal
16-03-09, 09:06
OK Jim - seeing as you put the links up (and for the benefit odf those that think I was picking on poor Jim) - first link is him saying he's driven 125 on the speedo (113 real on the gps).

That's outrageous - just like it's outrageous for all the others that have published their 'fastest' speeds.

And maybe 79 'isn't' viewed as being serious by many of you - but that's basically taking the full 10% and then adding a couple of MPH thinking that you're being clever.

All well and good on the motorway when everyone is going at the same speed, but I bet in reality that '79' is actually more like 80-85...... or do you all religiously stick at your '10% + 2mph' made up limit??

But then we get down to the speeds where built up areas are involved - and he quotes 35 in a 30.

But seeing as though we're pushing the boundaries to the limit, I wonder how often that pushes 40??

An SP30 and 4 points?? Nope - never had one of those - because I don't feel the need to drive dangerously. I can drive quickly, but that isn't the same as driving fast.

I can drive in excess of the speed limit in my job - but even then, I rarely go too much faster, because the roads are full of muppets who actually think they can drive, when the reality is their 'skills' are pretty appalling.

And I get to pick up the results of that muppetry on a regular basis.....

And the irony (in case you've missed it) and the reason I highlighted Bananavan's posts is because not 48 hours ago, he was making a big song and dance over non-crash tested seats - yet here we have numerous examples of what the MAJOR cause of those 'crashes' actually is.........

I seriously have no wish to make this into a personal argument situation - but I don't 'do' double standards - and I certainly won't be swayed into agreeing that breaking the speed limit is somehow 'acceptable' - especially when you're massively in excess of it on a high speed road, or just a few MPH over it when the speed restrictions are lower.

It's 30 mph for a reason guys - that reason being there are most likely people about.

And people (especially those small people that tend to dart across the road without warning) Vs 2 ton vans is a complete no contest.....

I sincerely hope those of you that DO speed get caught by the plod and banned LONG before you ever have to face up to the reality of hitting one of those 'people' - as having to catch public transport for a year or so is going to be far easier to live with.........

hendrix
16-03-09, 09:28
A:A:Speaking as another who deals with the results of dangerous driving on a daily basis - a good point well put sir! A:

Mozzer
16-03-09, 09:55
yep hendrix always looks scared to death when his wfe has driven him to work! LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

BANANAVAN
16-03-09, 12:23
yup guilty Ive broken the speed limit
would i do it again to such a degree that has been posted? nope :no
I've probably written post on here that later i don't agree with due to the education that is life. R:
We all learn from our mistakes . T:
we all learn something new everyday Y: when we do its good to share it with othe people

cally
16-03-09, 12:35
agrre with you there mate,everyone at some point drives slightly over the speed limit.i know i do....but slightly i might add..

Anyone who says they dont is not telling the truth....

I will accept that up to 90 maybe on a open motorway is just about poss to live with,ecspecially with days vechiles,but braggng about over that on public roads is not on......

hope people would be able to live with there actions,should something go wrong..:ILU:

Only my thoughts..............:D

Yep, i do break the speed limit, but not by alot... and people bragging they have done a 100+ in their van is frightening aint it, i just hope these idiots aint on same stretch of road has me when i got my kids in van....:eek:...

Just cant understand the mentality of some people....:confused:...
It's these idiots that cause most of the accidents on our roads,....:* muppets...

And just to add i got no points and never have had......i'm a good boy i am...:D...

p.s... I take back my post defending nana, now he posted links to him bragging doing that kind of speed, after all the safety issues he's been going on about, wtf that all about,...
I dont do double standards either, SORT yourself out jim... NO NEEEEEEEEED.................

Ant....T:...

BANANAVAN
16-03-09, 12:47
Can a leopard change its spots?

Mr Mega
16-03-09, 13:19
There's no subsitute for GeeGee's, ran out of bottle before it topped out, 130+ was scary enough
220bhp, V6 Petrol!!

creeriver
16-03-09, 14:29
Most peeps have driven above 70 mph! I've re-mapped my ecu etc and yes, it capable of more speed but fuel economy now much better.....I can also speed up to get out of bother if I have too. On a personal note I was only doing 30 mph on my motorbike when I got fubared! 30 mph was enought to put me in a coma fer 3 weeks and bust me up a bit.Lost use of right arm etc. Not always the speed.

The slower I go the more you can admire my van muahahahahaLOL: But yeh ton plus is a bit mental
Gary

Blackett
16-03-09, 14:50
There's no subsitute for GeeGee's, ran out of bottle before it topped out, 130+ was scary enough
220bhp, V6 Petrol!!

My diesel 2.5 is half a second quicker than a VR6 T4 down the strip! It even matched a VR6 Golf over 60ft (2.5 secs) Rasp: See you at Big Bang and I'll show you...

Ian.

Mr Mega
16-03-09, 16:11
Not that I still have my Caravelle, but the VR6 is only 140bhp,
V6 is a different beast all together, 204bhp as standard.

TonyR
16-03-09, 16:16
My 1.9td tops out at 80.

I like it that way. It keeps my licence and a reasonable amount of cash in my pocket not the pumps.

It's a van, to be chilled in :)

johneames
16-03-09, 17:36

My 2.5TDi 102 westy at 70mph is doing about 2750rpm.

vwaddict
16-03-09, 17:56
wind them up and watch em go LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

just dan
16-03-09, 18:11
i agree and disagree with everyone here regularly driving around way in excess of the limit is crazy especially in built up areas but very few people havn't hit the motorway at an obscure time to "see what she'll do" and i know this may not be wise but realisticly a sober person on the open highway when theres no traffic going fast is unlikely to do any damage.
there hopefully if i've disagreed with you i've then agreed enough to make up for it:D

p.s 2.0 petrol top speed.... not a lot.

nealglover
16-03-09, 18:37
My 2.5TDi 102 westy at 70mph is doing about 2750rpm.

at 80 on the GPS mine is doing a needle width above 3000rpm. So not sure about them all being the same eh ?

Blackett
16-03-09, 20:44
I must say that, I have maxed out every vehicle I have ever owned, just to see what she will do rightly or wrongly. I sat at 135 mph in my Peugeot 206 GTi on an Autobahn in Germany after a lap of 'The Ring'. Nowdays I drive at an indicated 70-75 mph on the way to Santa Pod each week in my T4 and do 30 mph round town with cars up my chuff the whole time. Then whoop them off the lights straight up to 30mph again just to pee them off. H:

If anyone wants a real race then lets see you put your money where your mouth is, in a controlled and safe environment at Santa Pod next month during the Big Bang weekend.

T4Tomass
16-03-09, 20:47
But you'll kick all of our sH:

hendrix
16-03-09, 21:47
YAWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN!!!!
[SIZE="4"]really bored of all this ...................so you can drive really fast......if its a competition ........... I'm not interested coz I'm enjoying the journey :D/SIZE]

vwaddict
16-03-09, 22:06
no one is asking you to read it dude if your bored read another thread i dont understand why people who dont agree with threads dont just leave it and read something else .i dont see the point on coming on the thread and attempting to lecture people it wont do any good everyone who has stated there speeds arent going to suddenly change there ways so why waste the time for the sake of an argument I:

So-Kal
17-03-09, 08:18
no one is asking you to read it dude if your bored read another thread i dont understand why people who dont agree with threads dont just leave it and read something else .i dont see the point on coming on the thread and attempting to lecture people it wont do any good everyone who has stated there speeds arent going to suddenly change there ways so why waste the time for the sake of an argument I:

Whilst I see your point mate - if people were on here talking about getting drunk and then jumping in their vans and driving around, there'd be an outcry (and rightly so) - but there's more people who speed than drink drive, because the latter has been demonised more.....

Anyway - that'll be all from me. :)

Billet the Kid
17-03-09, 08:29
Phew,

Took a bit of catching up on this one

What doe's my van do ? whatever it's allowed to, dependant upon the speed limit's imposed buy our wonderous and far thinking government.

Do I speed in my van ? no, Do I want to speed in my van ? no, Do I want to make gob's of horsepower and bench race all day about how fast my van goes and who I can monster in the outside lane of the M4/5/6/25/ ( delete as apppropriate ) Laugh I didn't think my pant's would dry.

For me Van's are all about enjoying the Journey and chilling, whilst your doing it.

In fact, I probably drive slower than most on here as to me that's how I feel my van should be used and not as some would have you believe. because It's impractical or dangerous.

I just love to potter along in my nicely low, flake painted, pinstriped, TUV'd crash tested, load rated custom T4 and watch the world go by. ( no double standard there I think ? )

In fact the greatest irony is that in this months Volksworld, there's a nice little write up on Ricky James forthcoming TORQ club/Big Bang intro and the piece is fronted with a picture of my van, along with the good Bacon Meister himself,

Now I Can't speak for Dan, but I don't think my van will be heading for the strip anytime soon. Oh unless it's towing a proper race car of course

Cheers Billet

Blackett
17-03-09, 08:33
But you'll kick all of our sH:

I don't think so, my van has roughly 140 BHP, there are people on here with 165 BHP!! I know it's not about the power it's how you drive it but I don't think leaning froward in the cab will make up the difference. H:

I have only ever seen two other T4's run down the strip in 3 years or more which is why I am encouraging participation at Pod. There are shed loads of T1, 2 and 3's that enjoy themselves 'aving a go. I have organised a category change for the T4 and T5's so we are running in the same one as the T3's as opposed to the water cooled category with VR6 Golfs and the like.

Any forum member will be entitled to 25% off any photos they purchase from me on the day of their T4 and T5. Any T4 owner that beats my personal best 18.46 secs will receive a free CD of all the photos of their T4 taken that day! My personal best timing slip will be on display in our cabin with details of the offer.

I hope to see some of you there.

frenno
17-03-09, 15:25
Mine says it will do 128mph in the vw manual not that im gonna try that in a campervan!

TonyR
17-03-09, 15:44
My van is faster than yours

:)

tomcat-50
17-03-09, 15:46
Meh I dont take mine over 3000 revs so about 75-80? Works for me as i get over 500 miles to the tank.Rasp:

ScottYellow
17-03-09, 15:47
My 1.9td LWB did 80mph just......then down a big , quite steep hill it did 90mph flat out when it was totally empty.

It is soooooo slow :D

clunkey
17-03-09, 16:19
Once did 174mph through the local park in my van but that was after a bottle of whiskey and a large bag of trimethoxyphenethylamine and as you will appreciate i obviously found it difficult to see the speedometer (especially after vomiting) so can not verify this,
but i would say defo 120mph at the least.I:

got to say it was a bit of a waste of my time as i only sold a zoom, 2 99s and a single funnyfoot.

oddboy
17-03-09, 16:49
its not speed that kills it's the stopping instantlyI:
i have tried the top end out on my remapped 174:eek: but wont join in
and yes it was on a private roadRasp:

Munch
17-03-09, 16:55
speed kills , smoke weed :ILU::D:ILU:

conwaydance
18-03-09, 23:32
when i asked this question i only expecteing a hand full of people saying 80 -90 max and thats it ,but after reading through it all i have noticed that some people are appolled by it, i did not mean to offend any body or up set any body ,and also apreciate every body has there own view on speeding but come on every body has done some silly things whilst driving , how many people still use mobiles or dont were seat belts or drive with no insurance, mot , bold tyres the list goes on and on , if you ony do 70 on the motorway you are passed buy nearly every car . in my opinion the speed limits sould be like france 110 klm(68.35083 )wet 130klm (80.77825)dry and lets face it if you can do any speed over 70 on the motoway its only for about 10 seconds or about a 1/4 mile . Rasp:

marco
19-03-09, 21:47
I must agree on a weather related speed limit, 70+mph on a busy motorway in torrential rain is more dangerous than belting along a quiet motorway on a dry day with good visibility at 80-90mph.

vwaddict
19-03-09, 22:44
speed limits in this country were plucked out the air 40 years ago when there were no seatbelts ,no airbags ,no abs ,and poor driving skills if you had driven a tractor for a few weeks you got a licence .the only reason theres more accidents now is because there are more cars on the road so the ratio of accidents increase .

noobsound
29-03-09, 10:38
Hello
i managed to get up to 180 km/h on my 2001 t4 caravelle 150 bhp
the thing is that it goes to 180 km/h pretty easy and then it stopes, Dunno if it's electronicaly limited or something but i wasn't crossing the red mark on the rpm's
proof: http://i43.tinypic.com/10gbp1t.jpg

LittleKatie
29-03-09, 11:55
This thread definatly shows that HRT works I:

I just crease up laughing at some of the replies.
Definatly a male macho thing. :D

Dont you just love it ?

Rasp:
Katie

rocketron
29-03-09, 17:21
you upsetting the boys again katie. tut tut. you know what the male ego is like. bugger.;)

rocketron
29-03-09, 17:24
My 1.9td LWB did 80mph just......then down a big , quite steep hill it did 90mph flat out when it was totally empty.

It is soooooo slow :D

jeez even my 1.9d will do 90. probably offficer. it will do 80 85 all day long probably.I:

ozymaster
29-03-09, 19:43
i once did 185....... on the euro star, was fun, i had a sandwitch, was nice.

the van however not so fast. besides at them speeds no one would read my lovly stickers

Twizz
29-03-09, 20:08
i once did 185....... on the euro star, was fun, i had a sandwitch, was nice.

the van however not so fast. besides at them speeds no one would read my lovly stickers

LOL: Had the 'velle up to 90 today, had plenty more but cameras everywhere :(

badnwelsh
29-03-09, 20:14
We have a VR6 Caravlle skimmed, bored and a few other 'tweaks'. Cruises at 90 will go through 110 but need to refuel every 5 miles LOL!!Rasp:

Twizz
29-03-09, 20:26
We have a VR6 Caravlle skimmed, bored and a few other 'tweaks'. Cruises at 90 will go through 110 but need to refuel every 5 miles LOL!!Rasp:

What is she running at?

I used to have a '96 VR6 Golf which my son and I played with a little... She would love using tyres like they were going out of fashion (ended up cheaper me buying new alloys most of the time) and would see 155-160 easily.

Probably had more but as you get older you begin to realise it gets a little crazy at those speeds... Never did a 1/4 mile though :(

LittleKatie
30-03-09, 12:42
I am really surprised someone hasnt put a V8 in the back
coupled to a Jag rear end..

Or have they ???

Anyone running a small block chevie... ??/ A:

Rasp:
Katie

downhillfast
30-03-09, 18:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m85XfAMuLwA

:eek:

Blackett
22-04-09, 11:46
If I said I accelerated from 65mph in 5th gear and timed from 70mph to 80mph, then slowed down and 70-80 took just four seconds does this sound fast?

If I said I repeated it in my Peugeot 206 GTi, 2.0 16v Twin Cam with no passengers and 1/2 tank of fuel and it took 7 seconds, does 4 seconds in my T4 sound fast then?

Show us what ya got at Big Bang on Saturday, Blackett Photography certificates for fastest in each category to be won:

* Outright Fastest VWT4Forum member. (Fastest = quickest time)
* Fastest 60ft.
* Highest mph.
* Slowest VWT4Forum member (On a competitive run, not 1st gear all the way )
* Fastest T4.
* Fastest T5.
* Fastest 1.9 T4.
* Fastest 1.9 T5.
* Fastest 2.4D
* Fastest T4 Full camper.
* Fastest T5 Full camper.
* Fastest Syncro.
* Fastest VR6.
* Fastest Ex AA.
* Fastest High Top.

l34sm
22-04-09, 11:57
mine does a nice 30-50 on country roads when i have a beemer behind with no overtaking spots, surprisingly i tend to go a bit faster otherwise

Daskx
22-04-09, 22:03
I do
35 in a 30
46 in a 40
57 in a 50
68 in a 60
79 in a 70
T:

Ah yes the 10% plus 2 rule for "allowable speeding"

The real speeds to do I:

ozymaster
22-04-09, 22:21
If I said I accelerated from 65mph in 5th gear and timed from 70mph to 80mph, then slowed down and 70-80 took just four seconds does this sound fast?

If I said I repeated it in my Peugeot 206 GTi, 2.0 16v Twin Cam with no passengers and 1/2 tank of fuel and it took 7 seconds, does 4 seconds in my T4 sound fast then?

Show us what ya got at Big Bang on Saturday, Blackett Photography certificates for fastest in each category to be won:

* Fastest 60ft.
* Highest mph.
* Fastest T4.
* Fastest T5.
* Fastest 1.9 T4.
* Fastest 1.9 T5.
* Fastest 2.4D
* Fastest Syncro.
* Fastest VR6.
* Fastest Ex AA.
* Fastest High Top.

you forgot the fasstes T4 ex window fitters van

LOL::D T: still trying lol

Blackett
23-04-09, 16:55
Blackett Photography Certificates produced to award to the fastest T4 forum vans and buses in each class. This is something that we have never done before but thought it would be a bit of fun and possibly boost participation.

Any forum member that beats my PB in their T4 will be entitled to a free CD of photos of their T4 on the strip (my PB timing slip is on display in our Portakabin). All forum members are entitled to 25% off images of their T4 or T5 on the strip!

Certificates will be awarded on Sunday at Midday!

Framed certificates for:

* Fastest 60ft.
* Highest mph.
* Fastest T4.
* Fastest T5.
* Fastest 1.9 T4.
* Fastest 1.9 T5.
* Fastest 2.4D
* Fastest Syncro.
* Fastest VR6.
* Fastest Ex AA.
* Fastest High Top.

http://www.blackettphotography.com/images/images/certificates.jpg

just dan
23-04-09, 21:17
currently mine wil do 80 as long as i take it out of gear and point it down a hill. ( how sad is that my vans top speed is achievable only without the engine)

gaz1973
24-04-09, 07:55
my is the fast t4 it can 0 mph engine up.. ha ha ha

BANANAVAN
24-04-09, 09:12
* Slowest VWT4Forum member

* Slowest VWT4Forum member

How is this calculated? is it based on the Mensa IQ Levels :confused:

cheers JIM

captainwevs
24-04-09, 16:34
Blackett Photography Certificates produced to award to the fastest T4 forum vans and buses in each class. This is something that we have never done before but thought it would be a bit of fun and possibly boost participation.

Any forum member that beats my PB in their T4 will be entitled to a free CD of photos of their T4 on the strip (my PB timing slip is on display in our Portakabin). All forum members are entitled to 25% off images of their T4 or T5 on the strip!

Certificates will be awarded on Sunday at Midday!

Framed certificates for:

* Fastest 60ft.
* Highest mph.
* Fastest T4.
* Fastest T5.
* Fastest 1.9 T4.
* Fastest 1.9 T5.
* Fastest 2.4D
* Fastest Syncro.
* Fastest VR6.
* Fastest Ex AA.
* Fastest High Top.

nice one, very generous and super cool.

captainwevs
24-04-09, 16:35
haha, super cool- i'm such a dork!

... dork- im such a douche. etc etc.

ozymaster
26-04-09, 15:49
haha well i just won fastest T4 camper at bing bang woop 21.8 seconds for a 1/4 mile. not bad for an un modded van

aggie
26-04-09, 17:07
My 1.9TDI leaves PP'd 2.5TDI's struggling to keep up,Thats with 600cc and one cylinder less T: Want some proof then ask anyone in the cornwall massive cruise to lobbs, especially creeriver nice try though.

Blackett
26-04-09, 20:41
My 1.9TDI leaves PP'd 2.5TDI's struggling to keep up,Thats with 600cc and one cylinder less T: Want some proof then ask anyone in the cornwall massive cruise to lobbs, especially creeriver nice try though.

My T4 is as fast as a formula one car, innit? Ask my mate Bob if you want proof! How about you bring your 1.9 up North to Santa Pod and put your money where your mouth is?

Ian. LOL:

vwaddict
26-04-09, 22:06
race tracks are for pussys I:LOL:LOL:LOL:

ozymaster
27-04-09, 12:13
My T4 is as fast as a formula one car, innit? Ask my mate Bob if you want proof! How about you bring your 1.9 up North to Santa Pod and put your money where your mouth is?

Ian. LOL:

actually was watching one of the top fuel races and mine came in as 21.8 he did a 22.1

okay so he blew the engine and coasted down in first gear, but it counts I:Rasp:

Blackett
27-04-09, 12:27
Wel done Ozzymaster...I think? Did you see either of my runs on Sunday, the second was a PB - 18.3 seconds at 74.5 mph and my 60ft was the Forum's quickest of the weekend! :cool: Shame I'd already given Ricky the certificate at prizegiving, you can see how happy I was about it in the picture! Next time I'll have it at the finish line too. T: