whats it worth [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

whats it worth

buggles
01-02-09, 01:58
hi, just got a t5 so will be selling my trusted t4 in a few weeks, woundering what sort of price to be asking (realisticly) its a 2001 y reg 2.5 (88bhp) 235000 miles. with lots of history, painted ford imperial blue, 19" alloys, lowered and stiffend shocks, full stainless steel twin exit exhausts, fully carpeted, double rear seat, windows tinted, front spoiler, roof spoiler, bee sting arial and lots of other stuff that i have forgotten about

buggles
02-02-09, 03:10
any body got any idea

polosteve
02-02-09, 05:03
Its not the best time to sell, so probably not as much as you would like it to be worth. Get some photos up, it might help people to value it.

buggles
06-02-09, 19:56
sorry do not know how to post pics(u s with computers), i am planeing asking 3000 forthe van, just woundering if this was about wright. cheers buggles P.S if any one was realy interested i could get wife to email pic

conwaydance
06-02-09, 21:03
hi, just got a t5 so will be selling my trusted t4 in a few weeks, woundering what sort of price to be asking (realisticly) its a 2001 y reg 2.5 (88bhp) 235000 miles. with lots of history, painted ford imperial blue, 19" alloys, lowered and stiffend shocks, full stainless steel twin exit exhausts, fully carpeted, double rear seat, windows tinted, front spoiler, roof spoiler, bee sting arial and lots of other stuff that i have forgotten about

2.500 you might have put a lot of money in this , but at the end of the day it is very hi would you buy a car with this miliage you might see them advertised at silly money but i dout they get it , iknow its different but i just bought a minter 2.4 d lwb 1998 one owner 63k on clock for 400 , its only worth what some one wants to pay ,and years of advice is your first bid is your best bid ! but thats only my opinion . good look !!:ILU:

Kieran
06-02-09, 21:06
2.500 you might have put a lot of money in this , but at the end of the day it is very hi would you buy a car with this miliage you might see them advertised at silly money but i dout they get it , iknow its different but i just bought a minter 2.4 d lwb 1998 one owner 63k on clock for 400 , its only worth what some one wants to pay ,and years of advice is your first bid is your best bid ! but thats only my opinion . good look !!:ILU:

:eek: 400 :confused: :*

cally
06-02-09, 21:11
:eek: 400 :confused: :*

WHS.....:eek:

Kieran
06-02-09, 21:17
I didnt say it! Was the other guy. 400 for a 98 lwb with 68k or whatever it was..:eek:

alister
06-02-09, 21:30
400 is cheap,but i don't doubt conway dance.A friend of a friend works in the local main dealers and the pirices at he's picking up vans for at the moment is incredible. My friend deals in vans as a side line and he can't buy any more cheap vans cos he can't "give away" the stock he's got.
If you've got a friend at the main dealers, 1 owner late model t4s 1.9tds(trade in) going for 600 i thought it would be a shed but it was allright. high millage t5s 1.9 crew vans 1850+vat:eek:

Dermot
06-02-09, 22:37
Ha me and my 4500, Im thinking about selling my Multivan, 1992 T4, 195,000 Kilometres one previous owner full history 2litre petrol engine, I get stopped on the street for people asking if im selling. So by these numbers i guess im off my head. although i know the car market is dead theres no way i would sell my multi for some of the prices you were mentioning.

Also i was over on www.mobile.de where i bought my German BUS and had the idea sell mine and buy another but a simillar Bus to mine is hard to come by and the prices are still 4-5000 euro.

Anybody want to say how much id get?:confused:

ELVIS-DONT-SURF
06-02-09, 22:37
Good advert for main dealers. As a saleman give low trade ins to maximise the profits of your private business venture(and no doubt forcing buyers to borrow more on finance therefore paying more interest):eek:

Dermot
06-02-09, 22:40
Ha me and my 4500, Im thinking about selling my Multivan, 1992 T4, 195,000 Kilometres one previous owner full history 2litre petrol engine, I get stopped on the street for people asking if im selling. So by these numbers i guess im off my head. although i know the car market is dead theres no way i would sell my multi for some of the prices you were mentioning.

Also i was over on www.mobile.de where i bought my German BUS and had the idea sell mine and buy another but a simillar Bus to mine is hard to come by and the prices are still 4-5000 euro.

Cos i saw a nice pritch on there also 1988 3000 was looking to buy it.

alister
06-02-09, 22:49
Good advert for main dealers. As a saleman give low trade ins to maximise the profits of your private business venture(and no doubt forcing buyers to borrow more on finance therefore paying more interest):eek:

IT'S A FRIEND OF A FRIEND it's nowt to do with me. all i can say is the main dealers are always going to offer less than real market value, thats how they make thier money. The guy is STILL paying more than the VW dealers will offer. There is nothing stopping the owners selling thier own van's private, but the ar*e has fallen out of the market. How many tradesman do you know that are looking for a new panel van at the moment?:ILU:

BANANAVAN
06-02-09, 22:49
a friend has just picked up a 2001 Velle2.5tdi 102hp wth just over 250K on the for 1700 last week.

ELVIS-DONT-SURF
06-02-09, 23:02
IT'S A FRIEND OF A FRIEND it's nowt to do with me. all i can say is the main dealers are always going to offer less than real market value, thats how they make thier money. The guy is STILL paying more than the VW dealers will offer. There is nothing stopping the owners selling thier own van's private, but the ar*e has fallen out of the market. How many tradesman do you know that are looking for a new panel van at the moment?:ILU:

According to (insert name of dealer i think we are both talking about) policy this form of 'inside trading' is actually banned and they have a recognised channel of disposal.Dunno if its third hand bravado on his part or he's foolish enough to be so indiscreet........................
I appreciate main dealers are going to offer less than market value , year 7 Business Studies teaches that:D

alister
07-02-09, 00:42
i'm not in the car trade,but i know the same happens in almost every main dealer garage in the uk! your living in a dream world if you don't think it happens. Land Rover offered a friend of mine 9K for a 2yr old disco3 HSE v6 tdi in black with 60k on the clock in part exchange against a new landy. A day later a mechanic from the main dealers is ringing him asking if he wants to sell private?
Another guy i work with has got the big Merc 7 seater thingy on a lease plan he's tried to get out of his lease 6months early . When he took the plan out he had a 21k value at the end of the lease if he surenders now 6months early they're only going to give him 13k. 7k to buy himself out of a lease he can no longer afford.
Another person i know works for renault he get cars cheap all the time. BMW main dealers the same. So what do the main dealers do to get rid of the cars they can't touch? Auctions? Prefered dealer who's paying less for the car? What is fair? If the customer is getting paid more for the vehicle than the main dealer is prepared to pay in part ex as far as i can see the everyone is a winner. If the customer sells his/her car for the money they want they're more likely to buy a new car.
As far as talking about the same person as me, unless you know his 9yr old daughter that goes to school with my 9yr old daughter, i don't think you'd know him. cos he's not on any of the forums. :bhd
I'm sorry if your peed off at my answer to"how much is it worth?" but i do feel a bit of a threat in your text.
I have a 98 rhd multivan 2.5tdi its not for sale but it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and what i'm prepared to except for it if the two match its sold

Dermot
07-02-09, 09:07

? any body going to value this for me

Captain Chaos
07-02-09, 09:20
Prices are cheap at the mo, I just bought a 1999 800 special but in good condition for 1800 and from a garage! knocked him down from 2750. Deals to be had. Work for a garage too so got full service, all belts, filters, pads, fluids and loads more done for 400

ELVIS-DONT-SURF
07-02-09, 09:39
i'm not in the car trade,but i know the same happens in almost every main dealer garage in the uk! your living in a dream world if you don't think it happens. Land Rover offered a friend of mine 9K for a 2yr old disco3 HSE v6 tdi in black with 60k on the clock in part exchange against a new landy. A day later a mechanic from the main dealers is ringing him asking if he wants to sell private?
Another guy i work with has got the big Merc 7 seater thingy on a lease plan he's tried to get out of his lease 6months early . When he took the plan out he had a 21k value at the end of the lease if he surenders now 6months early they're only going to give him 13k. 7k to buy himself out of a lease he can no longer afford.
Another person i know works for renault he get cars cheap all the time. BMW main dealers the same. So what do the main dealers do to get rid of the cars they can't touch? Auctions? Prefered dealer who's paying less for the car? What is fair? If the customer is getting paid more for the vehicle than the main dealer is prepared to pay in part ex as far as i can see the everyone is a winner. If the customer sells his/her car for the money they want they're more likely to buy a new car.
As far as talking about the same person as me, unless you know his 9yr old daughter that goes to school with my 9yr old daughter, i don't think you'd know him. cos he's not on any of the forums. :bhd
I'm sorry if your peed off at my answer to"how much is it worth?" but i do feel a bit of a threat in your text.
I have a 98 rhd multivan 2.5tdi its not for sale but it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and what i'm prepared to except for it if the two match its sold

Discretion is the key , PM'd you chap!

vwaddict
07-02-09, 09:57
? any body going to value this for me

nobody can mate like its been said its only worth what people will pay .
i bought my multivan in november its my 7th t4 .its a 2001 its had one owner and has service history that has to be seen to be believed 114,000 miles and its a rare factory colour i feel i paid a fair price compared to a few currently for sale on here .
going by what i paid for a 92 model with a 2litre petrol i wouldnt pay more than 2000

alister
07-02-09, 12:56
milage/ 88bhp/not standard colour/Panel van(?) = about 1250, sell the wheels seperate or offer them as an extra? and thats good money for 235000miles with only part service history.

conwaydance
07-02-09, 13:09
my lwb hitop was just parked up at the side of th road ,i found who owned it and bid him at it , i started at 300 but went to four (because im nice) it was a gamble as it had no mot and didnt go , but luck would have it it just needed i heater plug fuse and it passed its mot first time , so i was lucky , some people just see them as vans ,so if you see it as a r reg tranny its all its worth ! inow of a few parked up near me , so just knock and ask !!!:ILU:

conwaydance
07-02-09, 13:16
WHS.....:eek:

whs ,what is this ?:ILU:

buggles
08-02-09, 18:43
WELL ! , i would like to say you guys have been a big help, BUT what a lot of twadel , only seems to have been about 2 or 3 pepole awnserred the question . thanks any way buggles

vwaddict
08-02-09, 20:15
whs ,what is this ?:ILU:

whs means what he said

vwaddict
08-02-09, 20:21
WELL ! , i would like to say you guys have been a big help, BUT what a lot of twadel , only seems to have been about 2 or 3 pepole awnserred the question . thanks any way buggles

thats because theres a few of these whats it worth threads every week dude .the truth is no one really knows because like most have said its worth what some one will pay for it
best way is advertise it for a price you want then if it dont sell drop the price till it does plenty people looking for vans so if its a price that apeals it will sell if it doesnt its either too dear or no one likes it .you will also notice that location makes a differance not as many people up here looking for them and not so many willing to travel up here

tidytransporters
08-02-09, 20:39
Its a bit like how long's a piece of string, Some people don't really like to post replies to "how much its worth" threads. Because if we say its worth 800 and you think thats taking the :* you would complain! If we tell you its worth 15k and you get 2k for it comes back on the person who answered the thread. Like its been said and said and said before. ITS ONLY WORTH WHAT SOMEBODY IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT!

There is no cap price guide, no glass's guide, no parkers guide on the type of van's we all love and adore. The best advice i can give is look at the market (ebay, auto trader, t4forum sale section) and make a decision on what you think your van is worth. But dont be kicked in the bol***cks by the first person who bids you for it when looking to buy!

conwaydance
09-02-09, 18:59
whs means what he said

ok ,dude.the last guy was right ,what a load of twaddle