T4's ans snow DO NOT mix well [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

T4's ans snow DO NOT mix well

a7eys
02-02-09, 09:13
Just taken the much loved new addition to the VW family out for her first drive in the snow.

Well, what a DISASTER, had gotten only about 500yds from my house when a lady in her 306 decided the ice was too much and spun out only for me to do nothing other than follow her tracks in plough straight into her drivers side rear quater.
Now after spending the past three weekend trying to make a good job of the conversion on the old girl she now resembles an old scrappy wreck. Front end damage all the way.

Hopefully it'll be fixable for not too much money but being that I am only 3rd party as I was limiting the amount it was used its all out of my pocket. BAAAALLLLSSS

So if anybody in the local area or further a field has anything that will help with the repair I would be forever grateful. The list of parts im in the market to buy are as follows.
Luckily I have a new bumper, indicators and grill on there way to me already but im going to need at least whats listed.

BONNET and possibly N/S hinge (no colour preference but it is white)
LOWER GRILLE PANEL (1994 model)
N/S under headlight panel
N/S HEADLIGHT
SLAM PANEL

Please all be careful on the roads, even my unladen van was a *** in these condition. Be warned
PICS WILL FOLLOW AS SOON AS ITS THAWED ENOUGH TO VENTURE BACK OUTSIDE

jimmygnarl
02-02-09, 09:50
sorry to hear that but I know a guy that might be able to help you get the van back on the road and he lives in Bournemouth, Bryan 07779246496 he's a golf man but also loves his T4.

Jimmy

T4Tomass
02-02-09, 09:52
:eek:Sorry about that. I was considering going out and doing a job I need to finish, about 25 miles away, clearing a load of concrete and taking it to the tip, but I'm not going to bother, not worth the risk. Started snowing heavy now. Bet you wish you stayed put now.
Hope you get it sorted.

a7eys
02-02-09, 10:23
Yeah i really wish i'd stayed out, like you wouldnt believe.

JIMMYGNARL, i thought i recognised the name when i first read the post. I am Bryans mate Adey, met yiou during the show season. Dont get to see Bry much anymore with his new ventures and my working away a lot. Goo thought though. How's the family?
Take care and thanks for the response. Just been on the phone to a few scrap yards, and also found the rad is stiffed too. Blooming vans AAAGGGHHHH

Can anyone recommend a good breakers that doesnt charge the earth. Been quoted 200 for bonnet, grill panel, headlight, and lower headlight panel with courier. Is that dear???

Any help is hugely appreciated.

willonmitchell
02-02-09, 11:17
there is a guy in bournemouth breaking a van. i got a lock set off him. try him. this is the old ebay item but you could email his user name: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300290262794&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr2_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=300288072720&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%2 52BSI%26otn%3D2
His names Brian and he drives a white T4 with vynal's on the bonnet and livers near castlpoint.

a7eys
02-02-09, 11:37
Yeah thats R SCOUSE, Bryan. I know him very well. Have actually lost his number but got it back this morning. Didint even think to use him as he is the Golf man usually. I guess you have to do what you have to do.
Cheers lads

willonmitchell
02-02-09, 12:06
Just seen my terrible spelling! oops!!

a7eys
02-02-09, 12:09
I didnt even notice, had to read through the post 3 times before i saw he livers near castle ppoint!!
LOL

jimmygnarl
02-02-09, 12:51
Hi Adey,

I am doing the show circuit this year but with the credit crunch may be a bit choosey on which ones.

Hope to see you soon.

Jimmy

Still got the golf?

a7eys
02-02-09, 13:01
Yeah still got the Golf, cant seem to part with the old girl despite not using it anymore. Its stored away safely gathering dust.

Yeah hopefully see you at some more shows this season. Hope all is well down your way and just spoke to Bryan and he says HI.
Take care

vee-dubber
02-02-09, 15:55
:ILU:dus anyone have the number for this guy whos breaking the van, i live local

a7eys
02-02-09, 16:43
Hi VEE-DUBBER, what is it you need. Just been round a put up a few bits that Bryan owed me. Had a good look over the van. Not a lot left to be honest but let me know as I am going back down there in a while. Can check for you if you want

vee-dubber
03-02-09, 16:10
hey mate, just after the two support strips that hold up the roof lining. cheers:)

a7eys
03-02-09, 18:20
hiya, yeah they are still there, you want them both right, dont know what he'll want for them though.

Twizz
03-02-09, 18:40
Flunkys from St Neots, Cambridgeshire is breaking a 1996 T4 Velle (looks like a converted Transporter) - its worth a try.

-> Click (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/volkswagon-transporter-t4-spares_W0QQitemZ170299398478QQihZ007QQcategoryZ108 856QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) <-

vanbling
03-02-09, 19:34
Post up some pics T:

tidytransporters
03-02-09, 20:01
All parts in stock, You have p.m much cheaper than 200 as well:)

a7eys
03-02-09, 20:57
Managed to get these parts from a mate who is breaking a SWB at the moment, paid him 70 for bonnet, grill, under grill panel from a later van (result - updated front end), headlight and radiator.
Just now in the process of taking it apart and puttin it all back together.
Im thankful of the bloody huge steel supprt behind the bumper, had that not been there then who knows how far back the damage would have gone.
Cheers for the replies fellas
Will post pics soon