Rattling sliding door [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Rattling sliding door

jonw
03-02-09, 15:40
My T4's sliding door has suddenly started to rattle really badly - any solutions or pointers?
Thanks.

statler
03-02-09, 19:04
rear runner probably has come loose, it's common. Remove the door card & you will see two bolts on left just below window height, looking at it from inside van, it will probably be them.

M12 Transporter
03-02-09, 19:05
Hi jonw Have you checked to make sure the release bar hasnt lost its protective cover, mine rattled and found that it had perished away.

Volksrod
04-02-09, 18:26
Hi jonw Have you checked to make sure the release bar hasnt lost its protective cover, mine rattled and found that it had perished away.

Same as mine, did it at the weekend. sticky backed foam.A:

smithysmoo
06-02-09, 08:56
mine seems to squeak every now and again

nbsurf
07-02-09, 04:27
What....You mean they are supposed to be silent?!

I've had new rollers, sprayed silicone everywhere on a regular basis, checked for play all over the thing and still it squeeks, just at times when it will really annoy you though! :(

jonw
08-02-09, 12:33
Thanks for everyone's replies - its def improved but want to take it on a longer run to check. If not its the foam treatment...

Jurasik
08-02-09, 15:43
Have you looked at the two locating `prongs' on the B-pillar?
Mine rattled like a cat in a tumble dryer.
I put lithium grease (top stuff!) into the sockets, by putting my finger into the socket, pushing it in, squirting it inside & giving the socket a good wiggle.
When I had done this, no more squeaks.T:

vanheaven
08-02-09, 16:50
I was gonna just say the above and mention some earlier models didnt have them at all.

chadcruzer
08-02-09, 17:17
found mine squaked because the top slider, when shut was too far in toward the van and it rubbed the side of the groove it was in. So 5mm allen key I think and with the door shut un screwed it moved it so its free both sides then tightened it again!