Low Emission Zone - Vans, Halted [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Low Emission Zone - Vans, Halted

RAD
03-02-09, 17:49
It appears Boris has dropped the Low Emission zone for vans.

Clicky - Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/feb/03/boris-carbon-emissions-zone-charges)
Clicky - TFL (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/11096.aspx)

(Sorry if its been mentioned before)

karlos
03-02-09, 17:55
good old boris he may appear mad but he at least speaks his mind and seems to be sticking to his pledges
it would of cost me 100 a day to visit london in my t4.tho you can convert your van at a great expense to comply

tuggy
03-02-09, 19:01
Thats fantastic news,if that had been enforced i would have a crazy situation of driving to work at heathrow and not being able to travel the last few hundred yards to the carpark because its within the LEZ.
tuggy

Capstandriver
20-02-09, 20:03
Me too - if I drive to 'Waterworld' no problem but if I had to go to the Engineering base 100 per day!!! I guess you could sneak in via the southern perimeter road as there don't seem to be any sensors on that bit of the airport but I could be wrong. I did e-mail TFL about this ridiculous situation but all I received was a 'standard' reply stating that as my van was based on an heavier goods vehicle design (it isn't) it was bound to create more pollution as it was driven around fully loaded all day (it doesn't). How they can justify this ruling is beyond me, as far as I am aware the 1.9 TD engine in my T4 is pretty much the same as fitted to a number of VW saloons so why does it pollute any more????

Anyway it remains to be seen what other crackpot scheme they will come up with to charge us for going about our daily business.....

Cheers,

Ian P.

tuggy
20-02-09, 21:11
ian do you have any idea what the sensors look like as i live near hampton court and thats on the border of the lez zone and i would like to know if i could get to bushy park with out being spotted.(this is incase boris changes his mind)
regards tuggy

PaulMela
20-02-09, 21:31
ian do you have any idea what the sensors look like as i live near hampton court and thats on the border of the lez zone and i would like to know if i could get to bushy park with out being spotted.(this is incase boris changes his mind)
regards tuggy

I was under the impression it used cameras to read your number plate, and then check its database to see if you are ok or not

RAD
21-02-09, 17:33
The cameras are round and normally on a two lane stretch there are 3 camers, on a 3 lane stretch, 5 cameras.

Be warned, I have seen the mobile camera, its van with a camera extended from the roof.

Dan The Van
21-02-09, 20:27
Yeah, I have seen the mobile camera van, had a spate of it hanging out in a layby on the A127 near Gallows Corner in Romford Essex.

Dan.

damo
22-02-09, 17:22
Typical sold my trusty T4 with the LEZ in mind and now they scrap it.