T4 day van insurance?? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

T4 day van insurance??

young_dubya
05-02-09, 07:39
Im asking on behalf of my dad really. Who do you guys have your day van t4's insured with?? Hes got insurance but its commercial only as we couldnt find anybody who would entertain a panel van converted with 2 side windows and a full width bed in the back(so 3 extra seats). he also cant drive other vehicles now unless he is a named driver which is a ball ache!!!

can anyone help??

bigcat
05-02-09, 07:43
Talk to Just Kampers ( www.justkampers.com ), who do insurance through HIC. Explain what you have, they will most likely sort you out ok T:

fleep
05-02-09, 07:44
Try Adrian Flux. They did my MV and have no problems with any mods etc...

fleep

colese
05-02-09, 08:04
HIC mate,mine is a panel with windows and rear seats,just told them that i bought it like that,windows and seats already fitted,had no probs.all other mods declared,very helpful.:ILU:

LittleKatie
05-02-09, 12:49
Did mine through A-Quote. its actually with Fortis, A-Quote just being the broker.

Commercial insurance so I can tow goods commercially but it also covers Private Pleasure use. Its fully comp .. and covers any EU country for up to 3 months.
pretty handy really for touring EU.

Katie.

Kieran
05-02-09, 13:11
Did mine through A-Quote. its actually with Fortis, A-Quote just being the broker.

Commercial insurance so I can tow goods commercially but it also covers Private Pleasure use. Its fully comp .. and covers any EU country for up to 3 months.

Katie.

Thats good! T: Im with fortis for my car but had trouble today trying to insure van with them.
How much you pay for that if you dont mind me asking? :)

peckham
05-02-09, 18:29
HIC and adrian flux are owned together.they have a scheme with highway for modified vans, so you will probably get same quote from both

mickB
05-02-09, 18:43
insured my new one [yet to collect] today woth Footman James, classic policy limited miles, agreed value and mods for 386 f/comp

bigcat
06-02-09, 08:29

Katie.

When I needed to use my van for work occasionally A-Quote were good, but not when it came to mods. Now it's a dayvan /surfbus / toy only,HIC came up with the better deal, including all the mods, with which at least they understood what I was on about !

LittleKatie
06-02-09, 10:39
A-Quote charge me 343.10 plus Insurance tax of 17.16 = 360.26
Which is pretty good for commercial use insurance I think.
Considering I can only get 2 years NCD and I guess me age dont help (23)

I am sure for you veterans with full NCD you should get it cheaper Rasp:

I dont have any modifications though.. EX AA Van with 5 seats..

Katie

Dazboi
06-02-09, 10:43
apparently talking to our sales guys commercial vehicle direct sort out loads of insurances for our customers and they do a fantastic deal for vw owners call08452190514 quote ref 5067 and see if they can help you out, i reckon youll find them extremley competitive! :cool: