Great New Idea...I think? Anyone had this done? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Great New Idea...I think? Anyone had this done?

T4Tasty
06-02-09, 23:21
So shortly new pics will be going up of my 'show van' been having more work done to it....

weitec springs and shocks
projekt zwo headlight conversion
full rewire
uprated amps, cabling and speaker enclosures,
more lights
some very cool cameras (front and back) for parking/reversing/ see what prats on your backside that kind of thing! (Oh and did I say the camera mounted flush in the rear unused fog? - nice!)
screens for the cameras mounted into the dash and air vents,
passenger side light for the missus doing her makeup (well had to do something for her!)
new alloys, new tyres
new disc brakes, new pads
footwell lighting
optics lighting
reseal and restretch of interior carpets (for that flush new look!)
brand new dash respray

plus anything else i've forgotten!

BUT has anybody ever attempted to have their rock and roll bed activated on an electric switch as well as being able to work manually? The company I use for all my electrics (man are they brilliant! contact me if you want phone number as they are the best IMO! (Sound in Motion in Poole) have possibly come up with a way of running the rock and roll bed of an electric window motor :)

Anybody tried this or think it would be a cool mod?

Let me know! :D

Balloo
06-02-09, 23:23
Saw this mod on a Splitscreen that was done on "pimp my ride uk"

The seat could be activated by txt message so it was all ready in bed position when you got back to the van!!!!!

T4Tasty
06-02-09, 23:24

The seat could be activated by txt message so it was all ready in bed position when you got back to the van!!!!!

What - how the hec do you get a bed to go flat from a text message?

Balloo
06-02-09, 23:31
Here a recap from the show....

"The Camper Van is truly transformed, from the original which you wouldn't want to be seen in.

The Paint job went from a DIY Disaster to a bright gold on the bottom and a cream on the top. And to make sure it would blind you if you looked at it, it was given a chrome infection wherever possible, from the bumpers, to the side step.

The interior is in the finest cream Italian leather on the seats and on the door panels, and a deep pile purple carpet.

To make sure that she knows if to stay in the Camper Van or to go out, it's been installed with the worlds first full colour weather station.

The roof has been fitted with 4 panoramic sunroofs.

The back was fitted with a lip shaped couch to make it like a love shack, but at the flick of a switch, it reclined into a bed. To make it even better, there is another 15 inch screen on the roof so when lying down in bed, u can watch a DVD. The back wall is also fibre optic at a flick of a switch.

The Doors to the back have each been fitted with a 15 inch screens so they can be viewed from outside when open.

The trendy cabinet also has a built in bubbling water feature.

To make sure the van is in the right mood, the lighting, the bed and more can be controlled by sending the van a text message! ""

Balloo
06-02-09, 23:33
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/markopolo_photo/zoe8.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/markopolo_photo/zoe9.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/markopolo_photo/zoe10.jpg

BANANAVAN
06-02-09, 23:34

ah! if you give the number to a lass if your " out on the pull" and get back to the van and a little later the bed goes down then you know your onto a winner ! Rasp:

T4Tasty
06-02-09, 23:36
ah! if you give the number to a lass if your " out on the pull" and get back to the van and a little later the bed goes down then you know your onto a winner ! Rasp:

:0) made me chuckle....

T4Tasty
06-02-09, 23:37
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/markopolo_photo/zoe8.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/markopolo_photo/zoe9.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/markopolo_photo/zoe10.jpg

sweet....not so sure the text message would work on a switch based mechanism where the bed would fold itself down and up in mine though!

Balloo
06-02-09, 23:39
I believe the Splitscreen seat had 2 actuators one lifted the front of the bed and the other lowered the rear of the bed.

BANANAVAN
06-02-09, 23:41
sweet....not so sure the text message would work on a switch based mechanism where the bed would fold itself down and up in mine though!

why? you'd just a number for up and a number for down

or do you mean you wouldnt want it to work via text?

vanheaven
06-02-09, 23:46
brings a new meaning to phone sex anyway, back to the point cannons forge were developing this very idea last time i spoke to them not sure how far they got though, as people ant got the money for quality rock n roll beds at the mo so i havent seen them in a while.

BANANAVAN
06-02-09, 23:51
brings a new meaning to phone sex anyway, back to the point cannons forge were developing this very idea last time i spoke to them not sure how far they got though, as people ant got the money for quality rock n roll beds at the mo so i havent seen them in a while.

or their buying ones that are crash tested?I:

paul ss
06-02-09, 23:54
or their buying ones that are crash tested?I:

:no:no:no:jmpg:jdLOL:

you cant go around saying stuff like thatLOL:

vanheaven
06-02-09, 23:56
am i missing something have these guys been avin problems then as i said i ant spoke to them in a while

paul ss
06-02-09, 23:58
no problems as far as i no of T:

think it was just been pointed out why pepole maybe spending a little more and getting a bed thats crash tested and aint just a few bits of steel welded together .

end of the day if am carrying children and family in the back i would feel much more comftable knowing that should the worst happen i can turn around and say to my insurance company that its a crash tested design no come backs .

BANANAVAN
07-02-09, 00:02
no problems as far as i no of t:

Think it was just been pointed out why pepole maybe spending a little more and getting a bed thats crash tested and aint just a few bits of steel welded together .

End of the day if am carrying children and family in the back i would feel much more comftable knowing that should the worst happen i can turn around and say to my insurance company that its a crash tested design no come backs .Y:Y::cheers

vanheaven
07-02-09, 00:05
I get it now i thought that was on the list for them. I thought maybe someone had a crash with one. How would you make it work manualy and on a motor as the motor would have to be released to work on manual :ILU:

rabrulez @ V-WORX
07-02-09, 01:05
we have also been playing around with this and have a bed that works on power rather than manualy they will be available soon hopefully kitemarked and not a small fortune with all the parts and not fired together in someones garden shed I:

T4Tasty
07-02-09, 05:52
we have also been playing around with this and have a bed that works on power rather than manualy they will be available soon hopefully kitemarked and not a small fortune with all the parts and not fired together in someones garden shed I:

sounds good.....bear in mind providing a proper crash tested bed is fitted in the first place, the electric could be fitted after (ie in my case) without it posing a risk.....unless of course you decided to send the text or flick the switch once someone was sat in it :DLOL:

T4 VIRGIN,
07-02-09, 07:33
i know a forum member who has made his own rock n roll bed that is electric,it uses electric window motors and cables,1 x switch lowers the back down and another switch raises the front part up,seems to work ok-just needs upholstered to finish :)

t4-4 eva
07-02-09, 17:03
how wicked A: could ave its down side tho !! if an ex got hold of the number, youve allready pulled its in the down position !! then in the up then the down H:

t4-4 eva
07-02-09, 17:05
ive seen this method before, i used to work for a pump company and the used to operate some pumps via txt message, how cool :cool:

vwaddict
07-02-09, 17:43

or if she goes down your definatly on to a winnerI:

BANANAVAN
07-02-09, 22:49
or if she goes down your definatly on to a winnerI:

Filth! LOL:

T4Tasty
09-02-09, 08:13
Filth! LOL:

and well off thread! :D

vwaddict
09-02-09, 18:13
yeah but reasonably humirous i thought LOL:

T4Tasty
09-02-09, 18:42
yeah but reasonably humirous i thought LOL:

indeed...mildly humorous :D

Slinkster
13-02-09, 23:12

and you would know?

Big Bad Bear
14-02-09, 10:35
and you would know?

Whoops explain that on Valentines Day Jim :eek:

BANANAVAN
14-02-09, 10:57
and you would know?

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I:

cause i used to have one and thats how i met you Rasp: