Written off Van.. what to do with? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Written off Van.. what to do with?

andy
13-02-09, 11:41
My Xreg 01 van got written off in sept 07. It's a cat C with high rear end damage, its been sitting around since then.. what's the best way to sell it and how much would I sell it at? I would love to get it back on the road but its just not worth it.. especially as its now been donkd a coupl more times in the lockup its been sat in :rolleyes:
Its an ex AA 2.5TDi 102bhp with 96k so the engine must be worth savng(?)
Shall i just ebay it or is there a better way to sell it to the salvage trade?

scruffyherbert
13-02-09, 11:48
I don't really know, but I wonder if you could get more for your money if you strip it right down and sell bits individually?
There's certain bits from T4's that seem to fetch pretty decent prices if sold on ebay for example. Could make a little extra on postage aswell I:
Obviously it would be a pretty time consuming way to go, but if you have the time and space, it may be an option.

HECKY
13-02-09, 16:42
you have PM

sunbeamlotus
13-02-09, 16:53
how bad is it ? got any photos?

bullfrog
13-02-09, 18:13
I would say break for parts. as a salvage item its not worth as much as they want the profit from parts so your better off selling them your self . The engine would be worth sencible money.

front bumper, wheels, seats, dash, lights, trim etc even items such as calipers etc are worth money especialy in the current climate, folks are fitting 2nd hand parts to save costs so you could be quids in

markbanarsenal
13-02-09, 18:29
yeah go down the "breaking it up" road, and fleabaying it off..but please dont try 'n nick people on the postage though as suggested earlier..that really annoys me ive stopped bidding on anything now where the seller tries to nick a couple of quid on the P+P.. penny pinching..why not put it on the price or in the reserve if your that desperate? Rasp:
good luck;), let us know what your selling off first before it goes to fleabayT:

nealglover
13-02-09, 18:36
A lot more money to be had breaking it yourself than trying to sell it to the trade.

If you do decide to sell it that way, Put the parts available in the "Parts for sale" section before ebaying them, I think it will all go fairly quickly if you price it fairly.

T:

markbanarsenal
13-02-09, 18:40
"disaster bus" of woking is looking for a second hand gearbox might be worth a pm to him???;)

scruffyherbert
13-02-09, 18:55
yeah go down the "breaking it up" road, and fleabaying it off..but please dont try 'n nick people on the postage though as suggested earlier..that really annoys me ive stopped bidding on anything now where the seller tries to nick a couple of quid on the P+P

I should have made that clearer cos I hate rip off postage charges aswell :(
The odd 50p here or there or rounding up to the nearest quid doesn't hurt though.
I always give a postage charge when selling, but if it turns out less to post then I refund through PayPal.

disasterbus
13-02-09, 19:02
"disaster bus" of woking is looking for a second hand gearbox might be worth a pm to him???;)

andy,
just PM'd you :)

andy
16-02-09, 08:20
Here it is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/andystar/DSC01076.jpg

Alloys aren't on it anymore and the drivers door has been caved in whilst in storage.

I probably could start stripping it for parts but in all honesty I think I'm a bit lazy and its more likely to sit there for another year, and i certainly wouldn't/couldn't take the engine/gearbox out myself. So really im trying to get and idea on price for the whole thing as is?
There's a 96 plate on ebay with 223k miles going for 1000 which seems a bit excessive! (although that has no accident damage)
What should i put on as a reserve if i chuck it on ebay? Any thoughts welcome i dont want to lose it for 99p! When i sold the water heater and and flashing lights i got 150 each for them but then when i sold all the racking i only got 99! So i know it can be a bit hit and miss on good old ebay.

scruffyherbert
16-02-09, 09:26
Sent you a PM mate :ILU:

GarethWyn
16-02-09, 09:59
I can't work out what happened! ...please tell.

Maude
16-02-09, 10:05
'Crew cab pick-up' it :ILU::D

nealglover
16-02-09, 10:10
Andy, why not put it in the "Vans for Sale section" if you don't want to break it yourself ?

(before this becomes a "For Sale" thread in the "General Chat" area I:)

andy
16-02-09, 10:31
My van was parked there, which is just after a right hand bend. This lorry came passed with a poorly secured load of planks which had apparently been tied to the roof, and as he came round the corner they slid off the roof so hung out like a joust.. just as he passed my van :( Fortunately no one was coming in the opposite direction a the planks went everywhere right across the road and even dented the car parked on the otherside of the road!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/andystar/DSC01082.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/andystar/DSC01077.jpg

Sorry this wasnt supposed to be a for sale thread just trying to value it.. i've put it in the for sale section so if there's any sales enquiries please post them there, thanks

GarethWyn
16-02-09, 10:36
What a [email protected]$! ...the builder that is!

andygti39
16-02-09, 16:56
no way i'm gutted for ya :( at least you wasn't stood at the back of the van when it happened