semi converted/weekender and festivals [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

semi converted/weekender and festivals

trickydisco
16-02-09, 11:37
I'm planning on attending a few festivals this year in my semi converted t4 (rock and roll, fridge)

Does anyone know what the deal is with campervan tickets and a non official camper?

I've heard glastonbury want the earth before you can take a camper Your campervan/caravan MUST have purpose-built fitted sleeping facilities and either fitted cooking or washing facilities. Any converted vehicles must clearly be live-in vehicles. This does not mean simply a van with a piece of foam cut to size for a bed, and a bucket for washing! ..A team of campsite staff and security staff will check that campervans and caravans coming into these fields have bona fide living accommodation.

but others like sonisphere are fine with a transit and mattress in the back.

Anyone had good/bad experiences at festivals with part converted t4's in campervan fields?

nealglover
16-02-09, 12:44
Mostly they want it to be a Camper before you you can get into the Camper van area.

As stated in the Glastonbury Quote. Which is fair enough, stops the world and his dog turning up in an Enterprise Hire Van with a mattress in the back.

trickydisco
16-02-09, 12:48
I'm not too worried about glastonbury. I'm told sonisphere is fine and also bestival (reading on their forums)

The organiser from bestival says it's to stop people with 4x4's and transit whacking a straight mattress in the back.

HOw is the average joe supposed to tell the likely difference between a full camper and part when i'll have some units in there and a rock and roll bed etc

nealglover
16-02-09, 13:08
You would be safest to email the organisers with some pictures, and if they agree that it's a camper, print off the emails and take them with you.

My mate did this for Glasto last year as he has a "full conversion" but didit without cooker/sink as he prefers storage space and cooking outside. (but looks just like a full camper)

He took the emails and was let in after he showed them on the gate (they checked his van for cooker/sink)

trickydisco
16-02-09, 13:15
" but didit without cooker/sink as he prefers storage space and cooking outside. (but looks just like a full camper)

He took the emails and was let in after he showed them on the gate (they checked his van for cooker/sink)

That's the same as me. I'd rather cook outside and when i got to campsites i wash up outside. ONly interested in a couple of units and a fridge