(gas onboard) warning sticker? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

(gas onboard) warning sticker?

t4paul
16-02-09, 19:30
Hi all, Ive converted my van and fitted a camping stove and with camping gaz bottle, do i need a sticker on the back of the van? saying (gas onboard )

RAD
16-02-09, 20:21
If your going across on the Eurotunnel I would!

I went across with the parents when I was on holiday, the van in the same compartment had CO2 (I think) and got stopped by security when we got to the other side, best if your going to carry it permentintly in the van. A sticker on the inside window at the back should be ok.

Can ask on another website if you want (pm me)

Kieran
16-02-09, 20:34
Ive been thinking about this as well. I have LPG conversion and wasnt sure if i had to have a warning sticker by law. :confused:

J-T5
16-02-09, 20:41
Ive been thinking about this as well. I have LPG conversion and wasnt sure if i had to have a warning sticker by law. :confused:

Not required by law, I work for the Fire Brigade, bit of a pain not knowing sometimes as you can appreciate:*

widu13
16-02-09, 20:42
I don't think so but I've just got one if God forbid mine went up in smoke and I were a fireman trying to put it out I'd be VERY ed off if an LPG cylinder I didn't know about went bang!

vanheaven
16-02-09, 20:47
Ive always put them on the back of my conversions but told the customer its up to them if they take it off i feel better doing it that way. I dont think they look to bad to be honest as on this one i prepaired earlier
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc204/vanheaven/hazel182.jpg

celtic nomad
17-02-09, 18:20
i do now most caravans have them and motorhomes,was thinking along the same lines myself. i suppose you could for peace of mind and they don't have to be that obtrusive. ;)