Tailgate wiring bellows picture please [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Tailgate wiring bellows picture please

Dibdob 69
21-02-09, 19:18
I have just done a tailgate conversion on my van but I'm not sure where i need to cut the hole for the wiring bellow to go through the rear of the van :( could someone please post a picture of where the bellow goes through the van ;)

Big Bad Bear
21-02-09, 19:55
Aint got a pic but it will be on the top right side you will probably find as withe the holes for the hinges the metal there will have the cut out in thinner grade

wind welder
21-02-09, 20:40
I have just done a tailgate conversion on my van but I'm not sure where i need to cut the hole for the wiring bellow to go through the rear of the van :( could someone please post a picture of where the bellow goes through the van ;)

Hi you got home ok then.

The size of the hole is 22mmx 38mm (16mm centre to centre) If you look from the inside of the van on the drivers side there is a soft spot that is bigger than the size hole you need guesstimate the position of the first centre and centre punch the position from the inside of the van.
Go outside the van and centre punch it back the other way, then measure 16mm and do another centre punch.
Pop your head back inside and check you did it the right side of the original centre punch mark!

I normally scribe a circle around the centre punch marks to judge the size of the hole, but I'm finaky!

I also start the holes with a stepdrill as it gives a nice hole in sheet metal.

Hope that helps.

If you need any more info I have it all here.

Cheers Trev.

Someone posted on here the other day that it takes 2 hours to do a tailgate conversion,

Oh how I chuckled!LOL:LOL:LOL:

Mr Mega
22-02-09, 08:25
Guess that would have bin me!!, yep, was only a couple of hours, dont remember having to drill a hole for the wiring loom, just used what was already there.
Malcolm