Need to get Tyres off ... How much ? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Need to get Tyres off ... How much ?

nealglover
04-03-09, 09:04
I need to get some tyres removed from the wheels to get them refurbished, how much should I be expecting to pay just to have the tyres removed ?

I wanted to have a general idea before I went anywhere, as yesterday I got two quotes for the refurb of the wheels, one was 650 more than the other (for exactly the same job on 3 sets of wheels) so it's better to have an idea first !!

lardyb
04-03-09, 09:24
most places should take em off for free if you get them put back on at the same place. just tell em you'll be back in a week or so to get then refitted and balanced. I pay 20 for 4 tyres fitted and balanced

Steve W
04-03-09, 09:44
Hi, I had 5 tyres removed and fitted to new wheels,balanced and refitted to the van all for 25.

This was early last year from National tyres on the Wight Isle. Hope this gives you some idea of cost.
Regards, Steve W

m4rty2472
04-03-09, 09:56
I had 4 tyres removed from a set of alloys that I was scrapping, cost me a fiver over in Sheffield.

Billet the Kid
04-03-09, 18:16
Certainly no more than 20, I just pop along to my local tyre emporium and they remove them for nothing. Although I have had a fair few tyres off them over the years and I always offer them a little something towards their Christmas fund ;)

nealglover
04-03-09, 18:25
Cheers for the replies chaps !

Went to a well known tyre place and they wanted 120 to remove 8 tyres. And the same again to put them back on again !

(Ade, I could drive down to Banjo Country and get them done at your local place and drive back again for half that price !!! :D)

But a smaller independant place siad they would do all 8 off and back on again for 60 so it's all sorted T:

BANANAVAN
04-03-09, 18:32
Auto Body Fit
Bradford Road
Cleckheaton, BD19 3JU
01274 807999‎

not far from the powder coaters depending on what way you come fron york im sure it wouldnt be 60

Billet the Kid
04-03-09, 18:34
Cheers for the replies chaps !

Went to a well known tyre place and they wanted 120 to remove 8 tyres. And the same again to put them back on again !

(Ade, I could drive down to Banjo Country and get them done at your local place and drive back again for half that price !!! :D)

But a smaller independant place siad they would do all 8 off and back on again for 60 so it's all sorted T:

Your always welcome down here for a jar Neal,

Although I cant guarantee that you'll be able to find your van afterwards LOL:LOL:

Glad you got it sorted

Cheers Ade

nealglover
04-03-09, 18:36
Cheers Jim, sounds good to me, I'll give them a bell tomorrow T: