thats the last time i use paypal [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

thats the last time i use paypal

vwaddict
04-03-09, 19:10
well im bloody fuming tonight .i sold a set of alloys to a bloke from vzi back in mid october i had them on ebay for 350 and this guy emailed offering 300 to take them off early .as i had bought my new ones and crimbo approaching i decided i would take the 300 so he paid me by paypal and i sent them by courier all done and dusted i thought .

well a few days later the guy emails me saying he isnt happy with them as theres a few marks on them etc and wants me to give him 100 back .i duly tell him where to go and tell him they are second hnd wheels and therefore not perfect .well he opened a paypal claim which they decided they were having nothing to do with .again i thought that was the end of it .

anyway 7th of febuary i gets an email from paypal saying this guys credit card company has started a chargeback claim so paypal has put a hold on my account for 300 .i phoned them and spoke to someone who said its up to the card company to decide .

well today i get an email telling me the card company has decided in their clients favour ( no surprise there then ) so paypal wants me to pay them 300 plus a 7 charge they have incurred .
so now the git has my wheels and if paypal gets their way he will also have my money .i phoned them to find out where i stand and basically they dont want to know they wont give me the credit card companys details and they wont help me in any way as they say if its not through ebay im not covered .fortunatly at the minute ive no funds in my paypal account so they cant get it till i give them it ( which i wont be if i have anything to do with it ) so be warned guys it may seem easier at the time but paypal is **** .

JandT
04-03-09, 19:21
Thats shocking. He must of saw the condition of the wheels when he picked them up, what a :*.

Opps just noticed that you sent them, he's still a ****** though. LOL

m4rty2472
04-03-09, 19:27
You've got his address that you sent them to haven't ya? Not that I am advocating the use of violence of course!! There is a time and a place for everythng. Sh*t things happen to sh*t people!!

vwaddict
04-03-09, 19:35
nah i dont as it was way back in october but im guessing he will attend shows if he has a samba and is on forums .someone will know him

pic1london
04-03-09, 19:38
You must have his address right?

Surly you can go and have a chat with the fella face to face & at least get your rims back?

With a bit of gentle persuasion...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/pic1london/001-0721134920-baseball-bat.jpg

mickB
04-03-09, 19:39
what a ****er :* I thought as paypal was so promoted now outside of ebay and to be used for more transactions you had some sort of cover

I gotta say the wheels I got of you were top notch totally as described very happy with them

vwaddict
04-03-09, 19:58
problem is he is at the other end of the country from me .i dont have his address as i thought the situation was resolved back in october .i only know his name and his email address .theres no point in emailing him as he is a ****.i have cancelled my bank cards tonight and will cancel my direct debit with paypal 2moro ( through my bank as paypal wont cancel my account till i pay them the 300 ) at least that way they cant take the money from my bank the only way they will get it is if i use my paypal account which i wont be doing .ive sent an email to their complaints department telling them i wont pay till ive recieved my goods back in the condition that they were sent .i also plan to speak to citizens advice buro to see where i stand legally .

the way i see it you can buy anything you like via paypal using your credit card .then wait a few months and refuse to pay stating your not happy with your purchase .neither your credit card company or paypal will inspect the goods they will just take your word for it and screw the seller . wheres the justice in that

i cant even get his details through vzi as ive been banned from the vzi forum because the moderators took his side when he complained on their site

difficult to deal with when he is 450 miles away .
but as i said someone will know him ive attended vanfest every year since the first one and know a lot of people down there included simon holloway so if he is at vanfest i will find him and if his samba is wearing my rader alloys it will be going home on a transporter and he may be going home in something else entirely

TonyR
04-03-09, 20:03
REMOVE YOUR FUNDING OPTIONS - credit card, bank account etc.

Close the Paypal account and they can take a jump.

It's the only way to deal with them. They will never take you to court but if they are stupid enough to try they will lose.

vwaddict
04-03-09, 20:03
what a ****er :* I thought as paypal was so promoted now outside of ebay and to be used for more transactions you had some sort of cover

I gotta say the wheels I got of you were top notch totally as described very happy with them

thanks mate .i do try to describe things i sell accuratly ive sold hundreds of items over the internet and have to say these problems are rare but its just so frustrating when you know youve done nothing wrong .

unfortunatly paypal is great if you are a buyer as theres paypal buyer protection unfortunatly theyre seller protection only applies if the transaction is done through ebay which of course this wasnt im pretty sure now that he knew this and planned not to pay all along

vwaddict
04-03-09, 20:08
REMOVE YOUR FUNDING OPTIONS - credit card, bank account etc.

Close the Paypal account and they can take a jump.

It's the only way to deal with them. They will never take you to court but if they are stupid enough to try they will lose.

ive tried that .i cant close the account or remove details of my cards on the paypal website as my account now has a negative balance of 262 they managed to get 44 as i had some money in there .
apparently they cant just take it from my bank account without my authorisation but if i try to pay anything from my paypal account they just add the 262 to the total and get it that way or if i recieve any funds to my paypal account they sieze it.

not sure if thats correct which is why ive cancelled the card asigned to my account and will cancel the direct debit .

FordyX
04-03-09, 20:09
his address will be on the paypal transaction, check your history in there and then send a counter claim.
Send a letter to him formally advising that if you do not receive the wheels back within 2 weeks you will start formal proceedings. Even under the sale of goods act you have to have the goods returned in the state that you sold them. Trading Standards can advise on this. Formal proceedings can take on the form of a solicitors letter (costs money but scares the poopoo out the receiver). Normally the initial 'formal' notification is enough to get the goods back.
I had a similar issue, sold a car, I mis represented it unknowingly, but the guy only found that out as he blew it up. I offered a full refund, but it was on the basis the car was returned in the condition at sale, he couldn't afford to repair so we settled after the formal letter i sent.

Mozzer
04-03-09, 20:16
What a complete :*

You didnt sell through ebAY!

you cant sell through paypal its a escrow site not an auction site or online shop!

it was a private deal they were 2nd hand goods!

so I dont see that paypal or this guys credit card company have a leg to stand on!

I would go to Trading standards, consumer direct not the citzens advice also give the finacial ombudsman a call i have a feeling paypal may well be regulated by the FSA as they do credit cards and be sure to let paypal know what you are doing! Paypal cannot take cash from your account unauthorised that would be theft also the :* who has your wheels must return them!

If it were me i would say fine i will refund minus costs on return of the wheels!

good luck with it!!!

good luck

mickB
04-03-09, 20:16
his address will be on the paypal transaction, check your history in there and then send a counter claim.
Send a letter to him formally advising that if you do not receive the wheels back within 2 weeks you will start formal proceedings. Even under the sale of goods act you have to have the goods returned in the state that you sold them. Trading Standards can advise on this. Formal proceedings can take on the form of a solicitors letter (costs money but scares the poopoo out the receiver). Normally the initial 'formal' notification is enough to get the goods back.
I had a similar issue, sold a car, I mis represented it unknowingly, but the guy only found that out as he blew it up. I offered a full refund, but it was on the basis the car was returned in the condition at sale, he couldn't afford to repair so we settled after the formal letter i sent.

good call T:

I would do that too

vwaddict
04-03-09, 20:17

i will go try that just now and let you know

vwaddict
04-03-09, 20:20
What a complete :*

You didnt sell through ebAY!

you cant sell through paypal its a escrow site not an auction site or online shop!

it was a private deal they were 2nd hand goods!

so I dont see that paypal or this guys credit card company have a leg to stand on!

I would go to consumer direct not the citzens advice also give the finacial ombudsman a call i have a feeling paypal may well be regulated by the FSA as they do credit cards and be sure to let paypal know what you are doing! Paypal cannot take cash from your account unauthorised that would be theft also the :* who has your wheels must return!

If it were me i would say fine i will refund minus costs on return of the wheels!

good luck with it!!!

good luck

thats the thing i sold them as second hand through vzi .paypal insists its not theyre fault as its the credit card company who has the final say my defence is that i never dealt with a credit card company i dealt with paypal but still they say they cant do anything its now costing me a fortune in phone calls to them as they take forever to answer emails

FordyX
04-03-09, 20:30
i have inside knowledge of CC companies and they are insured against all claims and as it costs more to dispute a claim they will ALWAYS award in favour of the card holder. Please follow the route with Citizens Advice and they will advise on how to build the letter. This type of thing really annoys me to the hilt especially when its within the dub community. Depending who you work for, you might be able to get one hours free legal advice as well. A lot of companies offer this as a perk, but never really tell their employees, so go have a word with HR tomorrow - unless you're self employed, then you'll be discussing it with yourself LOL:

Stereo Steve
04-03-09, 20:36
check with the courier you used to send it
they should still have a record
all the best with this T:

crftom
04-03-09, 20:38
To be honest its your own fault, if a customer isn't happy with an item you should of offerd a full refund on reciving the goods back, end of! If you had done this there would of been no reason for a paypal claim, he would of got his money back, you would of got your wheels back. lesson learnt.

bravocorsa
04-03-09, 20:39

Surly you can go and have a chat with the fella face to face & at least get your rims back?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/pic1london/001-0721134920-baseball-bat.jpg

what a chippendale???????????????? LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:H:

topsparky
04-03-09, 20:42

i wish you would n't put me photo on the forum
it will attract attention to me

vwaddict
04-03-09, 20:52
To be honest its your own fault, if a customer isn't happy with an item you should of offerd a full refund on reciving the goods back, end of! If you had done this there would of been no reason for a paypal claim, he would of got his money back, you would of got your wheels back. lesson learnt.

i offered him a full refund at the time if he returned them at his cost .he refused because there was nothing wrong with them he just wanted them cheaper .it cost me 30 to send them in the first place so really he got them for 270 he then asked for a further 100 back when he recieved them .i told him i wasnt giving him the 100 and if he wasnt happy to return at his cost and i would refund him the cost of the wheels .why should i be out of pocket because he changed his mind or expected new wheels and tyres for 270 .

im not a business dude im a private seller who bought new wheels and offered a second hand set for sale im not a criminal

vwaddict
04-03-09, 20:55
i have inside knowledge of CC companies and they are insured against all claims and as it costs more to dispute a claim they will ALWAYS award in favour of the card holder. Please follow the route with Citizens Advice and they will advise on how to build the letter. This type of thing really annoys me to the hilt especially when its within the dub community. Depending who you work for, you might be able to get one hours free legal advice as well. A lot of companies offer this as a perk, but never really tell their employees, so go have a word with HR tomorrow - unless you're self employed, then you'll be discussing it with yourself LOL:

ive managed to get his name address etc but cant make a counter claim but if anyone stays near plympton in devon send me a pm i could do with a bit of assistance .

nothing dodgy just if someone can collect them for me at least it might be something

T4 VIRGIN,
04-03-09, 20:58

i think the point was no matter what it was you sold and your buyer paid by credit card-then there is nothing stopping the buyer launching an action months later saying he wasnt happy and wanting some money deducted from the sale price,as i have found in the past paypal is sh**e,

vwaddict
04-03-09, 21:00
yeah im discovering that .

ps paul pm me your number again dude should be ready for floor to be laid next week

crosser
04-03-09, 21:03
that sucks

spanner monkey
04-03-09, 21:14
The guys bang out of order clearly just out to rip people off, I still think you should break his legs, then get your wheels back:ILU:

crftom
04-03-09, 21:31
i offered him a full refund at the time if he returned them at his cost .he refused because there was nothing wrong with them he just wanted them cheaper .it cost me 30 to send them in the first place so really he got them for 270 he then asked for a further 100 back when he recieved them .i told him i wasnt giving him the 100 and if he wasnt happy to return at his cost and i would refund him the cost of the wheels .why should i be out of pocket because he changed his mind or expected new wheels and tyres for 270 .

im not a business dude im a private seller who bought new wheels and offered a second hand set for sale im not a criminal

sorry addict my apollges, if you have offered a refund and he hasn't accepted he is a 'c u next turesday'

and by the way i carnt belive this post hasn't been pulled as it has broken so many forum rules:confused:

Mozzer
04-03-09, 21:39
Doesnt matter at the end of the day if you have to refund the 300 minus costs then he has to return the wheels in fact he has to return them first!

I have gone through the small claims court twice both times succesfuly...its very simple you can do it on line it costs 120 to do but you will get that back plus either your wheels or the 300 it appears to me your case is striaght forward and difficult to argue against...your the victim in this not him!

you gave him the oppertunity to return for a refund he opted not to.......

you need to write a letter to paypal asking them to pass a copy on to his credit card company and a copy to him. make sure all is sent recorded delivery!

Tell them that you will be happy to return the money minus costs to yourself on receipt of the wheels in the same condtion that they were sold in. Failure to do this will result in you taking action via the small claims court!

DO IT

I DID TWICE AND WON!!!!!

PS If you have his address be interesting to see if the wheels are on his vehicle still.......anybody body fancy a recon missionI:

jimmygnarl
04-03-09, 21:43
I have just begun a dispute on an Ebayer from Turkey who hasn't sent the things I bought lets see if it works both ways.

some people take the pi55 out of genuine ebayers.

tidytransporters
04-03-09, 21:45
Tell me about it!!

Customer purchased some side bars off me, they didnt show for a while as they were in a warehouse as they could not find the customers address. I call them give them address, Parcel on its way again. In this time customer raises dispute. Bars arrive at customers house and the dumb ass courier leaves them "in a safe place" which means on the customers property out the sight of the public. I.e SAFE PLACE

So now customer has the bars, i have a dispute open (so dont have the money paypal do to decide the outcome) So i cant prove customer has the bars (as dont have signature proof)

Find it really hard to believe a parcel 2.5 metres long can go missing, The customer must have them as my courier has very strict procedures to stick to.

So i have just lost a set of bars! And the customer will get the dough back as i cant prove he has them!

Well and truly :* dry

golfgtioz
04-03-09, 21:49
he's not from plymouth is he ..??

crosser
04-03-09, 21:49
PS If you have his address be interesting to see if the wheels are on his vehicle still.......anybody body fancy a recon missionI:

i've offered in and around plymouth all the time

BANANAVAN
04-03-09, 21:53
Bars arrive at customers house and the dumb ass courier leaves them "in a safe place" which means on the customers property out the sight of the public. I.e SAFE PLACE

So now customer has the bars, i have a dispute open (so dont have the money paypal do to decide the outcome) So i cant prove customer has the bars (as dont have signature proof)

Find it really hard to believe a parcel 2.5 metres long can go missing, The customer must have them as my courier has very strict procedures to stick to.

So i have just lost a set of bars! And the customer will get the dough back as i cant prove he has them!

Well and truly :* dry

then unless you signed a a disclaimer with the courier to say you are happy for them to leave the goods without a signature then you should get the money back off the courier.
unless you pay extra to insure them they normally pay out per KG T:
what is the name of the courier BEST PM ME DUE TO FORUM RULES I:

( sorry to but in on the thread )

vwaddict
04-03-09, 22:03
i've offered in and around plymouth all the time

ive pm d you back dude sorry for the delay i was phoning paypal again 4 hours ive been on this now cost me a bleeding fortune in phone calls .im now checking cheap flights down that way as im getting madder by the minute

tidytransporters
04-03-09, 22:03
pm sent cheers :ILU:

vwaddict
04-03-09, 22:06
sorry addict my apollges, if you have offered a refund and he hasn't accepted he is a 'c u next turesday'

and by the way i carnt belive this post hasn't been pulled as it has broken so many forum rules:confused:

thats okay mate .

dont see why the post needs removing though if ive broken any rules it has been unententional im just sharing a problem with others as far as im aware the guy in question has no connection on here and i havent named him

BANANAVAN
04-03-09, 22:14
thats okay mate .

dont see why the post needs removing though if ive broken any rules it has been unententional im just sharing a problem with others as far as im aware the guy in question has no connection on here and i havent named him

but you named paypal :cool:
soon the forum will be just posts with pics of vans up! cause if you stick to the rules word for word there's not a lot else you can post

tidytransporters
04-03-09, 22:20
vw addict fancy a trip down we can do plymouth and london in a day. I am only small though at 19stone and 6ft 3. my position is tighthead prop

vwaddict
04-03-09, 22:21
but you named paypal :cool:
soon the forum will be just posts with pics of vans up! cause if you stick to the rules word for word there's not a lot else you can post

fairdos but paypal is something most people on here use im simply making them aware that despite what they say your cash is not safe .

im not letting this go even if i have to phone watchdog or the national press .or if need be pay the guy a personal visit it may not get my money back but it may make me feel better .

not sure how this naming and shaming gig works anyway as it seems to go on on every other forum without a problem if a company is people have a right to know .how come tv programmes like watchdog,builders from hell etc are allowed to name and shame without a problem

BANANAVAN
04-03-09, 22:27
fairdos but paypal is something most people on here use im simply making them aware that despite what they say your cash is not safe .

im not letting this go even if i have to phone watchdog or the national press .or if need be pay the guy a personal visit it may not get my money back but it may make me feel better .

not sure how this naming and shaming gig works anyway as it seems to go on on every other forum without a problem if a company is people have a right to know .how come tv programmes like watchdog,builders from hell etc are allowed to name and shame without a problem

:( https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31943 T:

vwaddict
04-03-09, 22:27
vw addict fancy a trip down we can do plymouth and london in a day. I am only small though at 19stone and 6ft 3. my position is tighthead prop

LOL:LOL: might take you up on that we would be like twins as im also 19st and 6ft 4 and my position is him on the deck with my foot in his mouth LOL:

seriously theres a huge crowd of us from up here attend a lot of shows down south if this aint resolved he is taking a serious risk .

mods please note theres no threats intended I:

vwaddict
04-03-09, 22:38
:( https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31943 T:

cheers jim ive read that and i do see it from jimbos point of view .

so

if there are any paypal employees on this forum and would like to discuss with me there warped sense of whats right or wrong then i am willing to speak with them off thread .

anyway im much too p*****ed off and tired now to discuss anny further tonight i thank you all for your support and help/comments etc im gonna catch some shut eye for 2morro is another day :ILU:

RubberBiker
05-03-09, 16:14
vwaddict - you may be the victim of a scam called "friendly fraud" or - more technically "friendly fraud chargeback"

A couple of links to explain it:

http://www.merchanttalk.com/2008/01/05/understanding-friendly-fraud/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_fraud

If you were business and handling credit cards directly, you would have some recourse. But - when paypal acts as the credit card handling service - they can dump the problem on you - whilst simultaneously denying you any means of doing something about it.

I've only just learned about this scam myself - but have good reason to be mighty suspicious of Ebay/Paypal.

So much so, that I've just deleted my bank account from paypal. If they want money from me, they have to charge my credit card - which I can dispute - rather than having to attempt to claw back the money after they've raided my current account.

It's also smart to keep your paypal account empty, or as near empty as you're willing to loose.

vwaddict
05-03-09, 16:54
well i received a reply from paypal today to my emails sent last night they still claim that they cant give me the name or any details of the guys credit card company as they say this is confidential information .they suggest i ask the buyer for his credit card companys name etc .what world are these people living in like he is really gonna give me that ?.honestly they would drive you to drink .they also state that the buyer has said that he returned the wheels which obviously he hasnt and that i should contact him direct as they claim there is nothing they can do about it .

well i think theres only one option i will wait till they realise that they havent got the money and come looking for it then maybe they will take an interest because at the minute my paypal account is empty and i owe them 262 .ive cancelled my bank card and im about to cancel direct debit details too and also my ebay account its a shame as ive got 100% feedback with over 800 transactions but that seems irrelevant to them .

hoverjon
05-03-09, 16:58
i would take paypal to court! it only cost 60quid to raise a claim in small claims court, paypal will get a summons and they will have to give the court all the details of the transaction. to be honest i would probably start by calling the police as this guy has essentially stolen the wheels off you. I doubt they will be interested but, log them as stolen and ask them to raise an enquirey with trading standards (if you get a nice copper, i.e. dont call 999 call the help desk) they might very well do this for you.

trading standards have to investigate police enquires within a certain time scale, and with a crime reference number they can again force paypal to give up all the details of the transaction and take actions against them!

vwaddict
05-03-09, 17:16
to be honest the only money of mine they have got is the 44 that was in my account .its now got a negative balance of 262 and its asking me to add funds which im not going to do .to be honest if they cant get the 262 they will eventually contact me because at the minute i feel im getting nowhere tyring to contact them .

spanner monkey
05-03-09, 18:01
Ive been watching this thread with a lot of interest, I use ebay a lot but this has put me off selling anything expensive on ebay unless its a cash transaction with pickup in person. Ive had a few issues with ebay in the past, mostly people who win auctions and then fail to pay, I have found that when its not all working properly they are really not interested.

It seems that the credit card companies are just in for an easy ride by always siding with their client whether they are right or wrong,
Apparently this friendly fraud is becoming very widespread and its not surprising when its that easy and a guaranteed win for the credit card holder. It seems anyone with a credit card can get away with theft and there is very little that the victim can do about it.:(

crosser
05-03-09, 18:24
It seems that the credit card companies are just in for an easy ride by always siding with their client whether they are right or wrong,

i'm not sticking up for credit cards or companies but it makes sense for all online purchases to pay with a credit card as you get so much more protection, ok it looks like this is being abused in this case and others, but in theory when you pay with a credit card you are doing a deal with the credit card company and not the actual seller.
Would think the credit card company would be interested if vwaddict took him to court to get the wheels back as it is a form of fraud.

marco
05-03-09, 19:33
Just been reading this thread and it sucks (not the thread, the situation, it's frustrating when an innocent party gets screwed, I had to pay a personal injury to someone who caused an accident and I now have a 15k mark against me on my insurance record after the judge favoured him coz he was a respectable driving instructor)

vwaddict
05-03-09, 21:14
what i dont understand is the fact that the credit card company just takes his word for it that the wheels arent as described they havent asked to see them or even bothered to contact me in any way i cant see how that is legal .you would also asume that the credit card company would insist that the buyer returned the item before they refunded his money but that hasnt happened .like i said at the moment ive only lost 44 as they cant take the rest from my acount without authorisation from me i would rather have solved the issue without problems but paypal seem adamant that they cant help me and that its the credit card companys decision but they refuse to give me the credit card companys name or address etc so i can contact them direct .i have now phoned paypal a total of 7 times regarding this and got nowhere they wont even phone me back so its costing me a small fortune in phonecalls on 2 occasions the call has been disconnected .
it seems my only choice is to leave it till they contact me for theyre money then i may get some where when i tell them they cant have it .its just inconveniant that i no longer can use my paypal account to pay for stuff and as i buy a lot of stuff online that sucks .
in the meantime the buyer has his money back and has the wheels which i reckon he will dispose of in some way .

taking court action is my last resort as it will cost me more money initially that theres no gaurantee that i will get back .

aparently the buyer in question has now got a t4 ( someone on here has done a bit of digging for me .not up to me to disclose who ) so you never know he may end up on here or worse he may already be on here so watch out you could be next .

TonyR
05-03-09, 21:22
Credit card companies are governed by the consumer credit act which affords legal protection to you every time you use your card. There is a legal cooling off period whereby you can get a refund by essentially cancelling your credit agreement.

Don't talk to the police about theft, you will get nowhere. The crime here is obtaining goods by deception, ie. FRAUD. Call them and INSIST that it is crimed and you are given a crime number.

You can then go back to Paypal, assuming you still have the will to live, raise a dispute and quote the crime number.

golfgtioz
05-03-09, 21:28
yip he's already on .. although not yet posting in the team red section I:

supachip
05-03-09, 21:54
Mate i bet you feel as if your banging your head against a wall. Reading these posts just confirms to me that ebay and paypal just want an easy life and easy money. I havnt used ebay for over 2 years now and never will again . The original concept was good but now its a con artists charter . Your the seller yet being treated as the villan by this shambolic outfit.:(

vwaddict
05-03-09, 22:07
Mate i bet you feel as if your banging your head against a wall. Reading these posts just confirms to me that ebay and paypal just want an easy life and easy money. I havnt used ebay for over 2 years now and never will again . The original concept was good but now its a con artists charter . Your the seller yet being treated as the villan by this shambolic outfit.:(

yep mate thats exactly how i feel

vwaddict
05-03-09, 22:12
yip he's already on .. although not yet posting in the team red section I:

how do you know dude best pm the answer I:

Seant4zippy
05-03-09, 22:45
My mate had the same problem, his transaction was done through ebay!! they took NO notice of him when he said they where sent in perfect order, so the customer got there money back, he lost his money yet never received the lights back.. its not on something needs to be done.

tidytransporters
05-03-09, 22:58
The person who has raised a dispute against me, is a member on here (unregistered) i have searched for him on here and found pics of his van and the front of his house! i have spoken to the delivery driver who confirms they were left at the front of his house well out of the way of the general public, so to me it says the bloke knows whats what and has had some free bars on me. The delivery driver also confirms many other details. But because he left them "in a safe place" i have no signature proof of delivery.

Police have been informed a crime number issued, and will be going down the small claims court route. Paypal will deffo agree that the parcel was left at the customers address but i cant prove the customer has them, so it will turn in the buyers favour.

Nice 1 ryan

Cheers

Will

Seant4zippy
05-03-09, 23:06
The person who has raised a dispute against me, is a member on here (unregistered) i have searched for him on here and found pics of his van and the front of his house! i have spoken to the delivery driver who confirms they were left at the front of his house well out of the way of the general public, so to me it says the bloke knows whats what and has had some free bars on me. The delivery driver also confirms many other details. But because he left them "in a safe place" i have no signature proof of delivery.

Police have been informed a crime number issued, and will be going down the small claims court route. Paypal will deffo agree that the parcel was left at the customers address but i cant prove the customer has them, so it will turn in the buyers favour.

Nice 1 ryan

Cheers

Will

who delivered it?? cause i work for DPD and we are not aloud to leave ANYWHERE or with neighbours unless the person reciving authrises us to. If they do, its there responsiblitity, if they dont and we leave it anyway its US who are liable for the costs

crftom
06-03-09, 07:29

Nice 1 ryan

Cheers

Will

why would you post such an expensive item without recorded delivery???

Soulstyledevon
06-03-09, 11:18
I was bitten by paypal about five years ago. Needless to say, i cancelled my account and never bought or sold anyting through them again. If i buy something over ebay, its usually dirt cheap and take the risk with cheque. If its more expensive i collect in person and pay cash!
Best of luck vwaddict:ILU:

Fatboy35
06-03-09, 11:56
:eek: Paypal just feked up my subscription renewal. [email protected]'s.

golddust
06-03-09, 12:40
VWADDICT,

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ.

You keep saying that because you're removing the payment options from your paypal account they won't get the money etc. I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you.

Paypal have a policy that if an account is overdrawn (as yours is) and no payment options exist, first they send numerous reminders to set it straight again. If you don't they appoint debt collectors.

Of course the first thing the debt collectors do is add their own admin fee's etc as well as blacklisting you on various credit lists. Which only makes the problem worse.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but hopefully by giving you a heads up that the paypal problem won't just go away then you have the chance to do something about it.

Also don't get complacent that they won't do it for 250 etc. Paypal called debt collectors on a friend of mine over the matter of 40, which again was due to them putting his account overdrawn when they wrongly refunded someone.

However from a trading standards point of view what you sold was 2nd hand goods, therefore "Caveat Emptour" (buyer beware) applies and you are in the right.

The "buyer" in this case is guilty of "obtaining goods by deception" which is of course a criminal offence. Inform the police, get a crime number, write to him recorded delivery stating what you want/demand. Keep it polite and formal. State you require a response within 7 days of receipt of letter or you will take further legal action. That way you're fully covered within the law and should get it properly resolved.

Then inform Paypal of the crime number and that it is now an ongoing legal case, that way they should not appoint a debt collector as it's an unresolved issue.

TonyR
06-03-09, 12:48
It is illegal to try and collect a disputed debt and no debt collector will do this.

If anyone turns up - and I doubt they will - tell them clearly this is disputed, to go back to their office and discuss with their client and that as is your right you will only discuss the matter in writing directly with Paypal.

vwaddict
06-03-09, 14:57
why would you post such an expensive item without recorded delivery???

mate you need to read posts fully! . it will stop you jumping to conclusions !. if you read tidy ts posts again you will see they were sent by courier which is always recorded delivery the point he is making is his courier left them on the guys premises but the buyer is denying this read it again dude your replies come accross as snidy .:ILU:

vwaddict
06-03-09, 15:00
VWADDICT,

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ.

You keep saying that because you're removing the payment options from your paypal account they won't get the money etc. I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you.

Paypal have a policy that if an account is overdrawn (as yours is) and no payment options exist, first they send numerous reminders to set it straight again. If you don't they appoint debt collectors.

Of course the first thing the debt collectors do is add their own admin fee's etc as well as blacklisting you on various credit lists. Which only makes the problem worse.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but hopefully by giving you a heads up that the paypal problem won't just go away then you have the chance to do something about it.

Also don't get complacent that they won't do it for 250 etc. Paypal called debt collectors on a friend of mine over the matter of 40, which again was due to them putting his account overdrawn when they wrongly refunded someone.

However from a trading standards point of view what you sold was 2nd hand goods, therefore "Caveat Emptour" (buyer beware) applies and you are in the right.

The "buyer" in this case is guilty of "obtaining goods by deception" which is of course a criminal offence. Inform the police, get a crime number, write to him recorded delivery stating what you want/demand. Keep it polite and formal. State you require a response within 7 days of receipt of letter or you will take further legal action. That way you're fully covered within the law and should get it properly resolved.

Then inform Paypal of the crime number and that it is now an ongoing legal case, that way they should not appoint a debt collector as it's an unresolved issue.

its cool mate i dont intend to ignore paypal im just not wasting any more time phoning them ive sent them an email telling them ive cancelled direct debit and cards and if they want to discuss it to phone me dont see why it should cost me more money for theyre f**kups

vwaddict
06-03-09, 15:01
im going to print of all emails and information i have and take them to the local plod to see where i stand

itsavanthing
06-03-09, 15:45
The same happened with me. Only it was only a total of 32. Sold a jacket to a :* in the USA. He even left me positive feedback! Then he went to his credit card company and cancelled the payment, which paypal then passed on to me. Paypal are a complete waste of space. I closed my account and i've never been back to them - do a google search - there are loads of websites set up giving info on how paypal is.

Meatball
06-03-09, 16:43
i've just deleted my bank account info from paypal and left only my credit card stuff on there, what an absolute n*b jockey (the buyer not me)

as an aside, if you decide your going to see him, try an make it coincide with the first bank holiday in may, i'm in devon with a few mates (1x copper 1x sgt major and 1 x lawyer) if you fancy a little visit we'll come along, bearing in mind i'm only littl'un at 6ft and 17 stone, although i do teach taekwondo

vwaddict
06-03-09, 18:35
i've just deleted my bank account info from paypal and left only my credit card stuff on there, what an absolute n*b jockey (the buyer not me)

as an aside, if you decide your going to see him, try an make it coincide with the first bank holiday in may, i'm in devon with a few mates (1x copper 1x sgt major and 1 x lawyer) if you fancy a little visit we'll come along, bearing in mind i'm only littl'un at 6ft and 17 stone, although i do teach taekwondo

thats very tempting dude might just take you up on that although with that team i dont really need to be there il just give you his address LOL:LOL:

vwaddict
06-03-09, 18:37
LOL: it just gets better and better paypal now want to charge me a 7 admin fee for the work they had to do refunding the payment LOL:LOL:.
ive told them to add that to the other 262 they have no chance of getting honestly it begars belief

Stereo Steve
08-03-09, 16:35
after reading this it made me think
got some bits on ebay for sale and i am thinking is it worth it :confused:
one being a bumper for a mk5 escort xr3/si and had a request to sell early so struck up a deal ,taking in to account that its collection only the buyer wanted to pay by pay pal then collect , i requested cash on collection . strangely i aint heard from him since LOL:.
and it was only for 30 quid :*idiots why oh wht do we do it LOL:

vwaddict
08-03-09, 18:36
im still exchanging emails with them i cant believe how thick they are every one gives me a diferant load of bull they keep telling me theres nothing they can do bloody useless they are

Mozzer
08-03-09, 19:31
How about we petition Paypal there are almost 10000 members of the T4 forum i suspect theres a vast majority who use paypal......that would put the wind up them if they thought they wou;d lose 10,000 accounts!!!!LOL:LOL:

tidytransporters
08-03-09, 19:57
How about we petition Paypal there are almost 10000 members of the T4 forum i suspect theres a vast majority who use paypal......that would put the wind up them if they thought they wou;d lose 10,000 accounts!!!!LOL:LOL:

Nice idea, But they really would not give :* 10,000 members would not even scratch the surface!

T4Haus
09-03-09, 12:13
VWAddict,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced, these things can take over your life (been there) you may have done these things already, apoligies if you have, this is what i would recommend from previous experience, remember you have the moral and legal high ground here, dont waste it.

1) Go to the police and endeavour to get a crime ref number, this would be a great help.
2) STOP ALL PHONECALLS, they are costly time consuming and only serve to frustrate you, put all correspondance in writing and keep copies, dont waffle and keep direct to the point. Never write back whilst angry and always respond promptly to their letters, if you dont get a reply write again and ask them for a reply. this puts things on a good legal footing.
3) you could take it to small claims court when you have details that you can prove, things are always more favourable in court if you have tried to settle amicable outside of court.

I will help you with any letters you need to write, please just PM me.;)