Sorry - but what's with all the 'holier than thou' sigs?? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Sorry - but what's with all the 'holier than thou' sigs??

So-Kal
06-03-09, 18:16
I've noticed this trend recently, and quite frankly, it isn't what I thought this place was about....

I'm talking about the (in my mind, quite uncalled for) references to R&R beds and crashing.

Up until now, the T4 forum has managed to steer clear of all the bull**** and pseudo 'right-on' arguments that are the bane of the rest of the VW 'scene' - but I guess as more people move away from the 'traditional' VW vans and move to T4s, then these things will inevitably follow.

The really sad thing is, it doesn't take much of a search to find at least some of those that are now trying to make people feel like potential murderers due to their choice of R&R bed have themselves already admitted to things that are FAR more dangerous to everyone else on the road......

I'd be tempted to ask people to move out of the greenhouses before they start chucking rocks around............

:)

BICKEY
06-03-09, 18:22
I've noticed this trend recently, and quite frankly, it isn't what I thought this place was about....

I'm talking about the (in my mind, quite uncalled for) references to R&R beds and crashing.

Up until now, the T4 forum has managed to steer clear of all the bull**** and pseudo 'right-on' arguments that are the bane of the rest of the VW 'scene' - but I guess as more people move away from the 'traditional' VW vans and move to T4s, then these things will inevitably follow.

The really sad thing is, it doesn't take much of a search to find at least some of those that are now trying to make people feel like potential murderers due to their choice of R&R bed have themselves already admitted to things that are FAR more dangerous to everyone else on the road......

I'd be tempted to ask people to move out of the greenhouses before they start chucking rocks around............

:)

HERE HERE.. my cannons forge bed is far more sturdier than the front seats especially on the swivel base..

Fatboy35
06-03-09, 18:34
Here here!
T: i don't have a van yet, but know what i'll do when i get one, and i'll live (or die) with the consiquences of my decisions.
All day, every day, I / We make decisions that have consiquences, make them and get on with it or don't, but don't try to preach / shame / cajole / frighten others into seeing an issue your way, have an opinion by all means, but remember its YOUR opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if they are wrong;)

(Oooh it must be my time of the month/age/insert as appropriate here)

porangi.chris
06-03-09, 18:39
Big Up :ILU:

vwaddict
06-03-09, 19:00
can see this thread causing problems .its only going to cause argumentsI:

porangi.chris
06-03-09, 19:28
Don't worry Neal is about!

It is a common thing with forums. I use to be a member of UkClimbing - went the same way. BallPython forum same again.

If we were face to face you'd have something to lose by being rude to me. Anonymous across the internet it all seems so much easier. We have it all the time at school - Kids love to bully via the internet or txt messages because it is so easy.

But I do agree with the title. I mean is it really necessary to push this down our throats everytime we read a post by someone. Neal is closing threads on the topic surely and maybe he will act on signatures which cause offence or are purposefully antagonistic.

Anyway - think about happy things - I have started making cushions!

paul ss
06-03-09, 19:42
at the end of the day which pepole choose is there own choice, the amount of pepole that have only ever had a cannon forge bed i cant see how they can sit there and say it's the dogs danglis when they have nothing to compare it against .

my problem is not with cannon forge or any other manufactuer , the thing that bugs me and am sure a lot of other members is that they are basicly leading pepole to think they are safe because they have seat belts fitted which is not the case.

am sure everyone who has had one is happy etc but the simple facts are what makes it any better than a 35quid ikea bed ? nothing .

seatbelts when fitted the buyer just asumes that its safe .

i used to have a cheap ikea bed in my camper and it was brillant , tried 3 other r/r beds and i cant see how all these pepole can charge 10times what the same product cost else where, but i do not carry passangers in the back , not even myself .

Jurasik
06-03-09, 19:42

It is a common thing with forums. I use to be a member of UkClimbing - went the same way. BallPython forum same again.

If we were face to face you'd have something to lose by being rude to me. Anonymous across the internet it all seems so much easier. We have it all the time at school - Kids love to bully via the internet or txt messages because it is so easy.

But I do agree with the title. I mean is it really necessary to push this down our throats everytime we read a post by someone. Neal is closing threads on the topic surely and maybe he will act on signatures which cause offence or are purposefully antagonistic.

Anyway - think about happy things - I have started making cushions!

& it's really satisfying when you sit on em & think `I made these'.:ILU:

BANANAVAN
06-03-09, 19:43

If we were face to face you'd have something to lose by being rude to me.

:confused: care to expand on that?

whos been rude?

Conspiracy
06-03-09, 19:50
If we were face to face you'd have something to lose by being rude to me.

Virginity perhaps I::D

porangi.chris
06-03-09, 19:53
Only if you are very lucky pretty boy I::eek:

nealglover
06-03-09, 19:56
Once again this thread can only go round and round in circles (oddly enough the same circles that the last one was going round in)

Please let's just let this one go ??

No more threads on this tonight please, it's Friday night, chill out, have a beer and enjoy the weekend ?