The down side to T4 ownership. [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

The down side to T4 ownership.

Maude
08-03-09, 23:32
I've come to realise since putting my van on the road a month ago that people seem to feel it's fine to pull out in front of me. I might be being paranoid but I'm sure it was never this bad in cars. So what's the deal, do people just assume 'it's a van' so it wont be going that fast? I had to go out around a hi-ab lorry today, it was all safe, nice wide, straight road and all that but WTF! I'm not tearing around or anything (2.4 so I can'tI:) but I'm also not trundling along at half the limit either. It's not all bad though, I get to test my brakes regularly and it makes em look when you're bearing down in their back window:D.

Reno
09-03-09, 13:50
Noticed this aswell, the missus T4 2.5 102 TDi gets this alot and on A Roads and Motorways you get many a Chav in their Saxos etc driving right up your before pulling into the fast lane to overtake and then pulling into the middle lane again infront of you, she got so annoyed with it that now as soon as a chav comes racing up behind and then attempts to overtake pulling up along side the van she puts her foot down and unleashes all 140bhp of TDi Grunt (thanks to a De-Cat and Remap) and the little *******s can't keep up so they give up and pull back in behind her LOL:

Veedubya
09-03-09, 14:34
Noticed this aswell, the missus T4 2.5 102 TDi gets this alot and on A Roads and Motorways you get many a Chav in their Saxos etc driving right up your before pulling into the fast lane to overtake and then pulling into the middle lane again infront of you, she got so annoyed with it that now as soon as a chav comes racing up behind and then attempts to overtake pulling up along side the van she puts her foot down and unleashes all 140bhp of TDi Grunt (thanks to a De-Cat and Remap) and the little *******s can't keep up so they give up and pull back in behind her LOL:

Glad it's not just me that does that :D

I feel terrible when I've done it looking at the embarrassed face of the driver trying to over take as they drop back and eventually pull back in behind you I:

Henley
09-03-09, 16:37
I gotta say,
i've found with my limited driving experiences that you do get labelled as a typical white van man (i blame transits... it's just a good scape goat) but it does get annoying...

Henley

HGBMX
09-03-09, 16:43
yeah i get this alot too
but they soon sh*t there pants when they realise theres a van coming up fast in the rear mirror LOL:LOL:

PaulMela
09-03-09, 17:33
I've also noticed a lot of the new cars don't come with indicators anymore especially the ones on the motorway

vwaddict
09-03-09, 18:25
i find an abar helps immensly and airhorns can also helpLOL:

vwbluet4
10-03-09, 00:22
when thay pull out in front of me i always over take them and brake hard

king marty
10-03-09, 06:43
when thay pull out in front of me i always over take them and brake hard

A: Me too :D:D

T4surf
13-03-09, 23:33
I too have noticed since owning a T4 that there seems too always be someone right on my rear bumper, I just slow right down to a snails pace then speed up when they try to overtake :D

If they tailgate me and crash into back of me theyll come off worse... I have a Towbar ;)

Jurasik
13-03-09, 23:49
It's funny you know. I get people pulling out in front of me all the time & my van is bright yellow!! I also get tailgaters too. I thnk people are envious. If they haven't got a T4, they want to be close to one. LOL:

marco
14-03-09, 11:19
I find it anoying when you start to overtake and the car in front jump in 'so as to not get stuck behind a slow van' and you find yourself pushing them along the highway, I'm gonna get me a cowcatcher on the front.

greencaravelleguy
14-03-09, 13:21
I find people tailgate me quite a bit but its not down to going too slow I figured its because i have limo tint windows in my velle and they can't see whats in front of me. I try not to take it personally as have lost my rag a few times when living in London. Have also had a few people pull out in front of me but doesn't take too much time out of my day i guess.