Bristol Joint-workshop Space van workshop Interested? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Bristol Joint-workshop Space van workshop Interested?

greencaravelleguy
12-03-09, 11:00
Hi all,

This is just an idea at this stage but I understand that in Bristol often people who have vans (T2's, T4's T5's or otherwise) are often looking for a space to work on their pride and joy. I don't have a space and I have seen people advistising for a space or garage but what if I few like-minded van folk were to pull resources in find a 1000 (ish) sq ft building or enough to get a few vans in and we could collectively sign a rental agreement and split the costs?

I bet there are loads of people who can't get jobs done out on the street or whatever and long for a place to work in or even try to start a busines? If thats you then get in touch as perhaps a few people would mean paying an affordable amount each month. There are some units on the www.alderking.com

What are your thoughts? Good / Bad idea? Interested?

ERU
12-03-09, 11:03
Great idea! but do it in Cardiff :p

auto-photos
12-03-09, 11:26
even better idea do it in swansea

ERU
12-03-09, 11:51
even better idea do it in SwanseaBrigend is 1/2 way and on the way to the surf at Rest Bay I:

auto-photos
12-03-09, 12:00
bridgends over alf way lol

greencaravelleguy
12-03-09, 12:12
Okay, lets here from some Bristol folk who are serious and interested in finding a shared workshop space. Ta

auto-photos
12-03-09, 13:14
the only real problems i see with this is a, how do u split the electric used between members. b, what if someone pulls out as it becomes to expensive for them ??? theres a few more but cant remember a min

kangar
12-03-09, 14:16
insurance? might be an issue?

but hey, lets be negative, this could work for some people.

greencaravelleguy
12-03-09, 14:26
yep good points, or problems with the telephone bill that's another one like Students do. I guess its just a case of working out worst case costs with the electric everymonth then all budgeting for 20 per month or whatever it would'nt be too much. It would take some effort and need to be quite long term with people but on the plus side doing this sort of thing might be the start of something like MAD workshops and a way out of a dead end job for someone as there seems to be quiet alot of business in campver vans and the leisure industry. There are 9000 ish members on this site all spending money on their vans so must be potential somewhere to be had.

clintharshaw
12-03-09, 17:27
electric is an easy issue

im an electrician im from bristol and could see this as a good idea

just get a key meter installed go to the shops and charge key up to want you want covering time you will be ther.

that way anyone using lots of electricity will have to pay fot it before they even do it

or i could simply install a coin meter then whoever uses it must pay for it beforehand.

def be interested to see where this thread goes.

count me in on the idea.

depending on knowledge or knowhow of people in on this could possibly restore a project car or van to sell on and help towards rent.

colese
12-03-09, 18:02
1st thing,take a look at avonworks keynsham pic on the lease site,my van is parked there...A:

Im on the look out at the moment for a small lock-up,or workshop,farm building starting my own VW breaking business,have plenty of vans at the moment to strip,but only able to do the insides at the mo,as i have no premises.Been looking in bristol and they are quite exspensive for 1 person.

looked outside of bristol and have found some for as little as 200 pcm,just already let by the time i get there.

Am unemployed at the mo,made redundent before xmas,so dont want a large out lay to start with.

Might be interested in this!!!

See where it goes,might be willing to let out some space to people to work on there vans,if there was enough interest for me to take on a larger outlay of rent.

cheers simon.:ILU:

greencaravelleguy
12-03-09, 20:14
electric is an easy issue

im an electrician im from bristol and could see this as a good idea

just get a key meter installed go to the shops and charge key up to want you want covering time you will be ther.

that way anyone using lots of electricity will have to pay fot it before they even do it

or i could simply install a coin meter then whoever uses it must pay for it beforehand.

def be interested to see where this thread goes.

count me in on the idea.

depending on knowledge or knowhow of people in on this could possibly restore a project car or van to sell on and help towards rent.

Thanks alot for your reply you sound like a usual contact to know being an electrician. One idea would be to charge out the space for a weekend etc for people who don't want any long term commitments! Just speaking with one guy (Simon) who is interested and potentially arranging to start a search for somewhere and/or a viewing. I am keen to see what is around in terms of workshops and may take some searching for the idea place thats good value for money. Cheers Aaron

greencaravelleguy
12-03-09, 20:16
Great idea! but do it in Cardiff :p

You should get onto it, better there are loads of folk who are keen as near to you in Cardiff probably some good spaces there too.

colese
12-03-09, 21:28
Thanks alot for your reply you sound like a usual contact to know being an electrician. One idea would be to charge out the space for a weekend etc for people who don't want any long term commitments! Just speaking with one guy (Simon) who is interested and potentially arranging to start a search for somewhere and/or a viewing. I am keen to see what is around in terms of workshops and may take some searching for the idea place thats good value for money. Cheers Aaron

Spoke to a few people mate,who would be interested in some space to work on vans and projects.....

Have to put my foot down though.....strictly VW..LOL:LOL:

will be in touch mate,,defo a good idea this,hopefully see you at the bristol meet.:ILU:

greencaravelleguy
13-03-09, 15:36
Spoke to a few people mate,who would be interested in some space to work on vans and projects.....

Have to put my foot down though.....strictly VW..LOL:LOL:

will be in touch mate,,defo a good idea this,hopefully see you at the bristol meet.:ILU:

Yeah, I gonna come along in the Velle and see a few people there hopefully who I have been in contact with in the forum for past year or so. Cheers Aaron