Cruise control, 120 FITTED [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Cruise control, 120 FITTED

Phatty
13-03-09, 20:11
Brand new, genuine VW stalk. Fitted all in for 120 within a 30 mile radius of YO41 or come to my house and it's 100 all in. The guy on ebay is asking around 165 for this service.

I've ordered the last 2 stalks in stock at VW, one for my 2001 2.5TDI, so I'm guessing you'll need a similar vehicle in order to be able to have this mod, certainly one with drive by wire.

Free vag com diagnostics check carried out at the same time and I'll clear any error codes there and give yo a print out of any remaining codes.

Fire away with any questions in the thread as my PM box is nearly full.

smokey9919
12-05-09, 21:16
do you know if this is something you can do on a 05 t5? I'd be interested if you could do it.

cheers

siwilkie
12-05-09, 21:55
Hi bud were in york are you im in wakefield but happy to travel simon

Sam
13-05-09, 11:30
Can you diagnose faults on my factory cruise that doesn't work!?

Sam

Resto
13-05-09, 16:48
can cruze control be fitted to any age ? ? ? ?

bmtt4
13-05-09, 17:11
i think only newer models, a way i was told to check is if you start the van leave it in neutral rev the engine an hold at say 3000 rpm then press the brake with your other foot (wilst holding the revs at 3000) if they drop then you have the van programmed for cruise control

dont quote me on that its just what i was toldand it worked for mine! just got to find somewhere close to get it fitted at above price!

Cheers Ben

adamsr
13-05-09, 20:51
i'm in bridgy too and debated getting this for my van, shame there's no-one closer as sure we could do a deal for 3. my understanding is the stalk and loom to the fuse box can be bought for 65 from VW, then just need a vag-com to activate the cruise.

thing that puts me off is messing with the airbag to get the new stalk on, plus where the wire goes in the back of the fuse box.

Dave_A
15-05-09, 17:02
I'm interested Phatty, I'm fairly sure it'll go on our 98 Multivan....

Dave

Mr Big
15-05-09, 20:20
i think only newer models, a way i was told to check is if you start the van leave it in neutral rev the engine an hold at say 3000 rpm then press the brake with your other foot (wilst holding the revs at 3000) if they drop then you have the van programmed for cruise control

dont quote me on that its just what i was toldand it worked for mine! just got to find somewhere close to get it fitted at above price!

Cheers Ben

Pretty much. What you are testing for is fly-by-wire throttle, i.e. whether or not you have a throttle cable. If you have a traditional cable throttle, when you press the brake it wont make any difference. If you have drive-by-wire throttle, then there is a potentiometer on the pedal which sends an electronic signal to the ECU telling it how much throttle you are applying. Therefore when you press the brake pedal it cuts the throttle signal to the ECU in case you are trying to press both at the same time.

If you have drive-by-wire throttle you can have cruise control.

If you have cable throttle you can do proper left-foot braking T:

bmtt4
16-05-09, 15:46
adamsr Re: Cruise control, 120 FITTED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'm in bridgy too and debated getting this for my van, shame there's no-one closer as sure we could do a deal for 3. my understanding is the stalk and loom to the fuse box can be bought for 65 from VW, then just need a vag-com to activate the cruise.

thing that puts me off is messing with the airbag to get the new stalk on, plus where the wire goes in the back of the fuse box. #

Does yours have an air bag fitted as mine doesnt mite be worth looking in to as i think i mite know some onewhos got vag com could check out how much to activate it!

wiring side shouldnt be to hard didnt relise you could get the stalk etc shall have to investigate more me thinks!

Cheers Ben:ILU:

Dazboi
16-05-09, 16:03
forum fitment (done quite a few now) 98 inc vat sorry not trying to steal thread, this guy offers a mobile service which is defo worth it!

CaptainCrummond
16-05-09, 20:19
you say you ordered the last two in stock, does this mean vw don't do them anymore? or should I pop down to my local VW garage and get one if they have any?

T4 VIRGIN,
16-05-09, 21:33
you say you ordered the last two in stock, does this mean vw don't do them anymore? or should I pop down to my local VW garage and get one if they have any?

friend of mine ordered 1 friday from vw picks it up monday,you will be ok,maybe just the last 2 his dealer had in stock T:

djnorman
17-05-09, 00:49
Very interested in the cruise control. Is it still on offer? If it is and it will go in my (newly acquired) 98 LHD Multivan, I'll have it. I am up in Sheffield next week, so could easily arrange to come over to you for an afternoon or whatever.

Let me know...

Norm

bravocorsa
17-05-09, 07:46
120 fitted is a good price for mobile, fitted mine last week and a brilliant mod !!H:
cost 56 for gen kit (trade, listers worcester) 35 mins to fit and 30 to activate at listers with diag check! seems better on fuel as well :ILU:

can be turned on with vagcom but wanted it done properly !!!!

sourra
17-05-09, 15:51
If you have drive-by-wire throttle you can have cruise control.

If you have cable throttle you can do proper left-foot braking T:

I'm fairly sure that I have drive-by-wire-throttle on my '02 T4 Petrol. Will it work to fit a cruise control-kit on my truck as well?

Zmok
17-05-09, 17:07
can be turned on with vagcom but wanted it done properly !!!!

:eek: Seriously there is no difference - Its just like flicking a switch you can't go wrong