oill filter [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

oill filter

allconfusedat39
14-03-09, 19:22
I realise i am not yet a full member .. when i get paid... but as i had already bought the filter i have today tried to remove the old one. I've tried a socket on the end of it... no joy.... i've tried a strap type removal thing.... no joy

so just how am i meant to change the damn thing? not like its easily accessed either.

all help/ideas would gratefully recieved

paul ss
14-03-09, 19:32
it mihght help if pepole new what engine you had etc

remove the belly pan you will find it so much easyer 12 or 13mm bolts x4 back is held on with little hooks so its easy to put back on .

once you done that if you still cant get it off from underneath then get some rubber gloves on and something on the floor and just hammer a dirty big screwdriver through it , hay presto it will come off but thats your last resort as can get bit messy .

allconfusedat39
14-03-09, 19:52
sorry.... 2.5 tdi ex aa kombi on 98 plate. have removed the metal protective plate and did think of screw driver option but as nothing else has worked so far am worried it'll go up due to lack of space to work

abbo100
14-03-09, 19:56
A correctly fitting socket used with an extension bar should get it off easily enough T:

t4-4 eva
14-03-09, 20:46
it mihght help if pepole new what engine you had etc

remove the belly pan you will find it so much easyer 12 or 13mm bolts x4 back is held on with little hooks so its easy to put back on .

once you done that if you still cant get it off from underneath then get some rubber gloves on and something on the floor and just hammer a dirty big screwdriver through it , hay presto it will come off but thats your last resort as can get bit messy .

the disadvantage of this is if it dont come off for some reason you are well and truely stuffed, i suggest a strap and ratchet !!

jets
15-03-09, 05:55
I have had the same problem, here's the story.
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=22348