side bar and jacking [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

side bar and jacking

rhinochaser
14-03-09, 20:38
was going to fit side bars, been snooping at some vans and they seem to be fitted to the jacking points.

If i fit bars to them how easy will it be to get a jack under bars and raise it in event of a flat.:confused:

cheers

t4-4 eva
14-03-09, 20:42
goin off my experience a right t**t of a job, mainly becuase i have lowered the van !!! but a little trolley jack or bottle jack would sort it out, cus they dont half make a difference to the van

markbanarsenal
14-03-09, 22:06
got side bars on my van and they dont make any difference when jacking up the van an im lowered as well..so go get em !:ILU:

vwaddict
14-03-09, 22:38
cant use the standard jack with mine but then i wouldnt anyway as theyre not safe .carry a trolley jack with me .got one from argos in a neat plastic case for 20 T:

rhinochaser
15-03-09, 13:25
goin off my experience a right t**t of a job, mainly becuase i have lowered the van !!! but a little trolley jack or bottle jack would sort it out, cus they dont half make a difference to the van

mixed opinions there, thanks guys, I can see how a bottle of jack would LOL:help most jobs along

snowy63
17-03-09, 17:42
I just lift mine with my teeth:*

bigcat
17-03-09, 18:46
I've got Jeff's bars on mine and it's possible to jack with the VW jack, just. But do able.

oskins
17-03-09, 19:07
cant use the standard jack with mine but then i wouldnt anyway as theyre not safe .carry a trolley jack with me .got one from argos in a neat plastic case for 20 T:

Got the same here.
Much easier and safer.:ILU: