Portable BBQ's ? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Portable BBQ's ?

waveride
17-03-09, 19:45
Hi

Im in the market for a portable BBQ, dont know wether i should be going for a 40 cheapy Firenze Gas Job or should i be spending a bit extra on something like the Weber Q120? funnily enough at around the 120 mark........im sure you guys'll have some experience of these things.T:

T4Tomass
17-03-09, 19:49
Mine cost 2H:

vwaddict
17-03-09, 19:50
i have 2 i have a top of the range cadac gas bbq cost 130 and a cheap fold up one from b&q cost 15 guess which one i use more :ILU:

BICKEY
17-03-09, 20:22
Ive got the CADAC but found it too big to lug around so i have also got the COBB it a great bit of kit as i am sure several members will agree, & i believe you can get forum discount from Cobbs..T:

vwaddict
17-03-09, 20:27
yeah thats what i found and a pain to build up b&q one does the job

FordyX
17-03-09, 20:56
I have a few BBQ's, but all to damn big for any trip so I tend to goto Aldi or Focus for each trip, buy a BBQ for under a tenner, build it, bbq on it then bin it

ChrisC
17-03-09, 21:10
i buy the cheap ones out asda use it put it out and bin it easy and no mess T:

Twizz
17-03-09, 21:30
I have a nice Broil King for when I'm at home, and a little charcoal one which I bought from Sainsburys/Tescos a few years ago - 9.99 jobbie :D

Make sure you take some bottled water to help cool the BBQ down (if its coal)

crosser
17-03-09, 22:08
I have a cadac safari chef, quite a bit smaller than the standard cadac they sell two versions 1 uses the disposable gas canisters or you can have a proper regulator for a 4.5kg bottle or bigger.
fits nicely in the back of the van and doesn't take up mush space, searched around and got it for under 50 heres what it looks like
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/crosseruk/6547.jpg

steve o
18-03-09, 11:25
HI
where did you find that BQ?thanks
steve.o

johneames
18-03-09, 16:15
Cobb, Cobb, Cobb, Cobb,
Cobb, Cobb, Cobb, Cobb,
Cobb, Cobb, Cobb, Cobb,
Cobb, Cobb, Cobb, Cobb...... (to the ice hockey organ tune) T:

Big Bad Bear
18-03-09, 16:32
I got a couple one of these http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Grill2Go-Gas-Grill-Char-Broil/dp/B00005B6ZB these are great and has a catchment bottle for the grease also have a cobb another great work of outdoor pleasure T:

waveride
18-03-09, 16:38
Cadac looks good, ive ordered a firenze but i'm gonna have a look at the cadac as it looks a lot more versatile - thanks a bunch for all your replies.

boswell
18-03-09, 16:42
Disposable one for me, I like to travel light and don't want the mess in the van :D

bigcat
18-03-09, 16:59
No substitute for a Cobb, if it's an evening by the van and you want to eat proper (as distinct fro just trad bbq) .
But use disposable 3 jobbies for quick few burgers occasions.

crosser
18-03-09, 17:24
HI
where did you find that BQ?thanks
steve.o
do you mean the cadac safari chef?
loads of places do them just google it see what the prices are like but you should be able to pick one up for under 50

ddixonuk
19-03-09, 14:08
oooh, them cobb things look great, might get myself one of those

BigPurpleOne
19-03-09, 16:04
how cheap ya wanna go these look pretty compact from towsure,
http://www.towsure.com/product/677-Gas_Portable_Barbecue_with_lid
out of stock at the mo!

the cobb looks great but are they a pain to clean?? and where best to get from?

Twizz
19-03-09, 23:18
how cheap ya wanna go these look pretty compact from towsure,
http://www.towsure.com/product/677-Gas_Portable_Barbecue_with_lid
out of stock at the mo!

the cobb looks great but are they a pain to clean?? and where best to get from?

I have a BBQ like the one from Towsure! Its only got two settings i.e. Low (which doesn't do much unless you have flamin' burgers and High which is what I usually use.

You don't get the BBQ taste you would with a Coal BBQ, but it does the job. The two rods fold up to hold everything together, or fold down to act as a stand.

Its fairly simple too - screw gas bottle onto pipe. Screw pipe onto BBQ. Turn on, light and wait for the lava rocks to heat up. Next, add food.

fleep
19-03-09, 23:31
Hi,

I have the Weber 120, and it is very good for use out in the van. They are fully weatherproof so you can leave it outside (lock it up if you are worried) and do a top job. I did change the reg to allow CG 907 bottles, as I don't think the mini cartridges are so easy to come by on campsites. Recommended...

Cheers

fleep

westray321
21-03-09, 08:18
Son of hibachi bbq, it is fold up and put in a heat proof bag still lit,And into the van,the bag snuffs it out. It lights folded up and acts like a chimney, drawing air in at the bottom then you open it out after few minutes and your cookin, nearly 2 square feet of cooking space, 70,brill.:ILU: