how tall is a standard t4 unladen?? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

how tall is a standard t4 unladen??

rixy
19-03-09, 20:17
only reason im asking is because on my daily commute i come across a low bridge, with a manned train crossing. And almost every morning, i have to sit and wait for the bleeding train to come, rather than going under....

The height limit is 7ft, so am i lower than that?? Hope so, then i can go under instead :-)

I've seen transits and the like going under :-)

just wondered

cally
19-03-09, 20:26
Hi fella the standard height of a panel van is .....just under 2 metres (1940)....

Ant....T:...

Phoenixsp1
19-03-09, 20:32
About 6 foot 5 ish. You could always lower the van to be on the safe side though.

dick.tracy
19-03-09, 23:57
Keep a copy of this, it comes in handy!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/dicktracy_photos/masse_kurz.gif

BigPurpleOne
20-03-09, 08:53
Def lower than a transit, you should be fine mate T:

rixy
20-03-09, 22:10
awesome stuff, yeah, chucked a tape measure up the side earlier, i concluded it'll fit too, ha ha, no more waiting...

Phoenixsp1 Re: how tall is a standard t4 unladen??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About 6 foot 5 ish. You could always lower the van to be on the safe side though.

Its all in the process of happening, lol!!! need some shiny shiney wheels first :-)

cheers guys

T4surf
21-03-09, 08:50

Great idea, slam it first and then if its still to tight you could always let all the air out of your tyres to get another few inches I: