Should i go glass?? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Should i go glass??

Hampshire3321
23-03-09, 11:36
I cant make my mind up weather or not to put side window's in my T4 for a while now. What do you lot think? Go glass or stick with the panel?

Cheers, Andy

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/hants3321/IMG_84601R.jpg

Vyper
23-03-09, 12:05
Tinted glass and pillar blackouts.

Yum.

Oh and that door glass....I:erm the tint from the picture will be a plod knocker rip and fine so best lose it, not safe anyway mate.

Vyper

rjm
23-03-09, 12:07
Glass in sides makes it easire when turning corners and parking.

Yes get the tints of drivers and pasenger windows, as they can stop you from driving with it on as it will break the law.

Many threads about it on here.

kangar
23-03-09, 12:58
Nice looking van. Glass does make it easier to see when turning etc. But avoid the caravelle look....IMO it would look better with just one window each sideT:

triwasaki
23-03-09, 15:21
Stick with the panel unless you're thinking of putting rear seats in.

andygti39
23-03-09, 15:58
i do like them as panel vans. but its down to personal choice.

marine boy
23-03-09, 17:16
You could have the best of both worlds, leave it as a panel on the driver's side but fit a sliding window into the SLD. Seen it done before and it doesn't look odd.

hoverjon
23-03-09, 17:23
You could have the best of both worlds, leave it as a panel on the driver's side but fit a sliding window into the SLD. Seen it done before and it doesn't look odd.

same as my van, and i have a drivers side window behind the sofa, waiting for a sunny day it fit.

does not look odd, with just one in the slider, but i would like a window to aid driving. one in the slider will make you want to put one in the other side too.

cookiedub1
23-03-09, 17:58
I have just fitted a window on the sliding door but am going to leave the drivers side panel, it looks cool and it makes a hell of a difference to drive i can actually see when pulling out of certain junctions now.

Hampshire3321
23-03-09, 18:27
Thanks for the push - New window's it is!!

Andy

t4toad
23-03-09, 18:50
good to see you are putting in the side windows A:dont forget the b post black/out aswell.

clintharshaw
24-03-09, 19:30
i was in two minds as to put windows in or not

i has some film left over from tinting back window

i simply cut to shape of side window

sprayed side window with water

put film on and squeegied into place

looked exatcly like i had windows

left it ther for a few hours and kept going and looking at van deciding if i liked my van with them or not

i decided i didnt want them and just removed.

leaves no marks or damage, it was only water holding them on.

T11OM F
25-03-09, 15:56
wowzers, riding dark on there front there, thats got to be sub 4% vlt going through them...

Hampshire3321
25-03-09, 18:23
Their actually not as dark as they look - They look alot darker due to the off camera flash set up i was using, although im sue their not legal i can see out of them fine in the dark.

Just a quick update -

I made a spontanious decision to go with windows so spoke to Mac at Ultimate Transporters who said he could fit me in the next day! So yesterday i drove up to Birmingham and had a pair of windows fitted. They look great (will get a pic in the next day or so) and they did a top job, not only with the windows bt some nice new wheels too! Top fella's highly recommended - Was topped up with Tea crisps and sadwich's and back on my way home within a few hours! Top Job!!

Andy

Big Bad Bear
25-03-09, 18:25
Their actually not as dark as they look - They look alot darker due to the off camera flash set up i was using, although im sue their not legal i can see out of them fine in the dark.

Just a quick update -

I made a spontanious decision to go with windows so spoke to Mac at Ultimate Transporters who said he could fit me in the next day! So yesterday i drove up to Birmingham and had a pair of windows fitted. They look great (will get a pic in the next day or so) and they did a top job, not only with the windows bt some nice new wheels too! Top fella's highly recommended - Was topped up with Tea crisps and sadwich's and back on my way home within a few hours! Top Job!!

Andy

How much did they charge for the windows and did you just have the middle or all round?

Hampshire3321
25-03-09, 19:41
I just had 2 middle windows done(limo tint) and it was oly 290. Bargin!!