'SERVICE' warning [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

'SERVICE' warning

surfdaddy
24-03-09, 23:11
...on my dash all the time. How can I get rid of this without paying a dealer to do it?

t4toad
24-03-09, 23:16
pay the 10 fee and do a search for dash clock reset T:

matt tdi
25-03-09, 09:23
hi go to General Technical on this forum and its posted there hope this helps;)

Conspiracy
25-03-09, 09:26
Info taken from another thread T:

Assume that the Clock adjuster is button A and mileage trip reset is button B.

To Clear the INSP.

Press and hold A, (while holding) turn the ingition (2 clicks but not start)
Release A
Press & Release A - INSP should appear.
Rotate B clockwise, ---- should appear to confirm that INSP has cleared.

Next OIL may appear.
To clear Oil

Press and hold A, (while holding) turn the ingition (2 clicks but not start)
Release A
Turn B.

Cheers

Chris :ILU:

matt tdi
25-03-09, 09:26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

think from memory ,with the ignition turned off, u press and hold the mileage reset button.next, with the button still pressed, turn the ignition 2 clicks (but dont start).release the mileage trip button, and turn the clock button clockwise which should reset the "service" indicator. if not thrash the dash with a large scafold tube, then i"tll go off!!!
let us know if it works fella .
I THOUGHT WE HELPED ONE ANOTHERRasp:

matt tdi
25-03-09, 09:29
Nice one chris glad to see a fellow member helpt:

Conspiracy
25-03-09, 09:37
Thats what it's all about dude.....paid up or not ;)

Take it easy

Cheers

Chris :ILU:

surfdaddy
25-03-09, 22:07
Thanks for those helpful posts.

As for the fee thing.....yep that's right too. As one of the longest standing original forum members (talking about the old forum) and 13 highest ever poster back in the day....not filler either....I am an advocate of supporting with cash; in fact I was one of the first to pay up when the donations were only volantry!

Loosing ones job 6 montha ago though makes one a bit more 'efficient' than they'd like to be, so don't mean to appear tight or anything. Same reason I don't want to pay the dealer fee to do it in the first place.

Thanks again to all....newbies and fellow forum veterans alikeT:

ahay!
25-03-09, 22:31
SD bearing in mind your comments re the current importance of prudent cash management, and in the spirit of the old forum, yes I was on there too Y:

Can I suggest you squint to solve the problem. Or the judicious use of a band aid to cover the offending light Rasp: