I hate being 21 [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

I hate being 21

Mr fizik
28-03-09, 13:22
Just found out yesterday from my insurers (direct line) that I am not allowed to modify my van as I am under 25......:*

Thats this years plans out of the window..... I didnt really have a choice on whether to insure with them or not as they were the cheapest by miles, so looks like my van will be riding high on steels for quite a while now

Its a shame to get stereotyped as a boy racer but then I guess thats life

I seriously nearly cried as my renewal date is not till 2010 now so theres not really a way round it.

I guess its always best to check these things first...

vwt4graham
28-03-09, 15:12
yea i hated it to. untill i tried adrian flux. them being the brokers got me a quote of 968 fully comp all mods declared with equity redstar.
being that i had to claim all mods the list being

clear indicators
fog lights
LED rear lights
tinted windows (additional side windows - from standard van)
Lowered -85mm
alloy wheels
side bars
bucket seats
RnR Bed (counts as 2 extra rear seats)

i can add any more modifications to the van so long as it doesnt effect the performance, and it wont affect my premium.

i was getting other quotes of 1600 just quoting alloy wheels and side bars. also the "stupid" quotes in excess of 3k.

Damn being 20 with nice van eh!!!

Billybus
28-03-09, 16:16
wish i was 21 again:(

firstglass
28-03-09, 17:42
Good God man, i would do anything to be 21 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henley
28-03-09, 21:19
hehe

Try being 18... insurance is even more of a boner-killer lol

Henley

Stubee
28-03-09, 21:33
I'm 21 tomorrow..........again, for the 16th time..............work it out:D

quicksilver-ash
28-03-09, 21:48
im 19 and i managed t get insured with mods it was alot but its the price you pay to ride sumthing as sweet as a t4

Henley
28-03-09, 22:43
hi, who did you get your insurance with ? i've found few people who will accept any mods at our age
Thanks

Henley

mattjyates
28-03-09, 23:22
yeh i wanted alloys but im with directline too and im only 21! renewal is in october tho, so im going to save up till then!

matt

T4surf
28-03-09, 23:37
God I wish I was 21 to be able to hate being 21 LOL:

Been a long time but "back in my day" Adrian Flux was the best bet for a young driver in a modded vehicle

paulweld
29-03-09, 00:08
Hey guys this as tickled me iam a older guy just enjoying the T4s been a spilty/bay/t25 vw fan and of course insurance is not bad for me but i like the way you younger guys and girls ? are going for the T4s dispite the insurance prob!! its good keep going for it !! i have a 17year old daughter who loves cars /vws and we are/ she is just starting on this road so we/i do understand the problems !! keep trucking T::ILU:

surfdaddy
29-03-09, 00:42
Wow....youth really is wasted on the young!

Trust me the perks outweigh the downers of being young and firm! And if it's any consolation....insurance might go down the older you get....but everything else gets way more expensive!

In the meantime try Foodman James Insurance.

team french
29-03-09, 00:47
Wow....youth really is wasted on the young!

Trust me the perks outweigh the downers of being young and firm!

things starting to head south?:eek:

Munch
29-03-09, 00:55
im 22 just renevewd me insurance yesterday , 419 with mods e.g wheels n suspension declaired , comes with brakedown cover , windsrcreen cover , and a courtesy van if i need one T: top doller lol i got 3 years no claims and 3 points on my liscence lol GET IT BOYS i love being 22 :D

Mr Mega
29-03-09, 08:27
Got my daughters 2.5tdi covered by Adrian Flux, just over 300 with all mods, 1 yrs No claims, she was 20 when we took out policy

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/MrMega1/RobynsVan002.jpg

Mr fizik
29-03-09, 09:02
Good to see its not just me with the probs!

Seriously loving having a t4 and being young though, coming from a car that cost me 50 (toyota corolla bless her soul) it makes a change!

going to have to console myself by getting my stereo plans finished which will be covered thankfully by direct line.

Insurance is 750 for me with 1 years ncb, but then I was getting quotes at 2k from others, simply as they didnt understand why I needed a van for private use whilst still a student, will be on the phone to adrian flux as soon as I can next year...

And dont worry I am not wishing my youth away :D

polosteve
29-03-09, 11:12
convert it then get camper insurance, van insurance is silly money.
A Flux are good

mattjyates
29-03-09, 13:42
Good to see its not just me with the probs!

Seriously loving having a t4 and being young though, coming from a car that cost me 50 (toyota corolla bless her soul) it makes a change!

going to have to console myself by getting my stereo plans finished which will be covered thankfully by direct line.

Insurance is 750 for me with 1 years ncb, but then I was getting quotes at 2k from others, simply as they didnt understand why I needed a van for private use whilst still a student, will be on the phone to adrian flux as soon as I can next year...

And dont worry I am not wishing my youth away :D

my first years insurance was with quinn direct....cost me 1600! but did have 3 points and a claim!now with directline and it costs just over 500 with windscreen and breakdown cover! I agree, im a student too and no insurance companies seem to understand why i want a van!

matt