Where to wild camp in cornwall [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Where to wild camp in cornwall

wild camper,
29-03-09, 09:45
Just planning a trip down to Cornwall heaing for Falmouth. Any ideas as to where to overnight stop.

Shadowfax
29-03-09, 15:56
Depends what sort of van you've got. Mine looks like a regular builders van, so we just park near a pub in the street, make the bed up and sleep there. We get funny looks sometimes if we cook breakfast with the door open, but usually we find somewhere nicer for brekki :D

Sorry if this isnt what you meant

just dan
01-04-09, 10:12
head out to the middle of nowhere near the coast theres often nice quiet carparks to park up in.

slammedviper
01-04-09, 19:52
stay away from the national trust... A. they charge you and B. if you don't pay and they catch you, goodbye van...

Sure they do a good job, but feel pretty strongly that they're beaches should be free to park at.. T:

hendrix
01-04-09, 20:35
Sure they do a good job, but feel pretty strongly that they're beaches should be free to park at.. T:

Get a National Trust season ticket and if you go to the beach regularly it more than pays for itself..................it also ensures the beach stays the property of the NT and doesn't get bought by some developer with money for morals. Rasp:

Mozzer
01-04-09, 20:42
chacewater is a nice place to camp for free look for a dirty yellow van with brakes and EGR probs....they dont get much Camper than himI:

aggie
01-04-09, 20:57
Im not telling you emmetts anymoreRasp: as i keep getting told off for advertising our beutiful little secret hideouts for hassle free stopovers,all i can say is there are plenty just go with the flow and feel for where your at if it dont feel right move somewhere else until it does! Enjoy the best county in the country and please take your litter home with youT:

Maude
01-04-09, 20:58
Get a National Trust season ticket and if you go to the beach regularly it more than pays for itself..................it also ensures the beach stays the property of the NT and doesn't get bought by some developer with money for morals. Rasp:

Sorry to say from growing up in a prodominantly NT owned area that they are more of a business than a trust and are out to make money at every turn and definately have few morals.

hendrix
02-04-09, 10:24
chacewater is a nice place to camp for free look for a dirty yellow van with brakes and EGR probs....they dont get much Camper than himI:

OOOOOOOOOOOo you bitch!
Gonna have to hit you with me handbag

slimbo
02-04-09, 16:38
i learnt today that dartmoor and snowdonia are the only places left in the uk where you can wild camp!!!..(legaly)

as thats where folk go to get away from it all.T:

hoverjon
02-04-09, 19:50
or to sleep with thier cousins!

Freespirit
02-04-09, 20:31
:noAnd tell em to take their dog sh*t home with them and to stop leaving it in plastic bags disguised as land mines all over the bleeding beaches, dunes, tramways...... it drives me wild:blg, i could throttle the inconsiderate, selfish, self righteous :* , apart from that enjoy. (try swanpool beach, youll thank me) T: