Pulled by the Rozzers!!!!!! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Pulled by the Rozzers!!!!!!

Blackett
30-03-09, 08:08
On my way home from the Pod last night after a great weekend, especially Sunday which was the Gti Spring Festival. Sat at 70 mph burbling along with my new quad exit straight through exhaust, smile on my face. Police MPV with shed loads of stuff on the roof joins in front of me and sits there...oh dear. Approaching the services he lights up his disco and we follw him in. Two things, illegal tints 22% light and illegally spaced number plate. I:

I'm waiting for him to rip a big gap in my tints and give me a producer for the plates. Instead he gives me a prohibition notice, starting in 45 minutes meaning I can't drive my van on the road until it's had a new MOT and I produce it at the local police station! The copper said if I repeat offend with the plate (especially if he spots me) my plate will be revoked and I will end up on Q plates. :eek:

Not being able to use the van straight away is not such a biggy as I generally only use the van at weekends, but I now have to shell out on a new MOT which was only done last month. :(

In my defence the tints were on the van when I bought it, although I had a good idea they were illegal. As far as the plate is concerned I only have myself to blame. I may run it with the proper plates or put it on retention and buy a new one that doesn't need fiddling with.

I hope this makes you think before shelling out hard cash on tints and plates that need illegal spaces to mean something.

I am not after any simpathy, feel free to put the boot in! LOL:

Ian. :D

jay.meakin
30-03-09, 08:16
he won't be able to q plate your vehicle he will report you to the dvla and they will write to you warning you of the same, i've had the same with my plate, they sent me a letter saying that the plate on my car was still their property and they could recall it at any time.
still don't see how it could be made a q plate though, i thought they were for when you couldn't prove the age of the vehicle?

ozymaster
30-03-09, 15:50
also for stolen recoverd vehicules. ex police vehicules ect.

wow thats a bummer blacket, oh well you play with fire, your likly to get burned.

still running it at the pod?

Blackett
30-03-09, 16:10
Hi Ozy,

Yes, I am planning on it at Big Bang. On the way in to Pod yesterday I drove past a long queue to get in (advantages of being a trader as opposed to punter). I gave the loud pedal a few hard presses to make myself heard and clear a path of pedestrians which was fun. Later a customer came in to our cabin asking what engine I had in her, as it sounded 'the nuts'. When I explained it was a 2.5 diesel he was shocked. :jd

Just bought a different plate on select registrations R2 WYB. Cost? - 170 plus 75 assignment fee...bargain!

Plan on leaving it legally spaced with Run What Ya Brung at the bottom. Should keep the rozzers off my tail. H:

Anyone know the easiest method for removing a professional tint from driver's and passenger's windows?

gazzagee
30-03-09, 16:23
Well yep.... if you brake the law you brake the law but thats a bit harsh... he must have just received his divorce papers that morning and took it out on you, slap on the wrist and a producer should have been enough accompanied by the “if i see you again” speech, cant wait till The Big Bang it was the best event last year loved it!!! H:

nic 1084
30-03-09, 16:35
Unfortunatly DVLA is pushing the legal number plate thing again at the moment.....
First occasion, they should just write and warn, but second time is a letter informing you that your reg has been revoked.... you have to apply or buy another and cant drive it (legally) until then and have the hassle of changing insurance/mot etc.

As far as the windows goes, you should have 70% transmitted light so 22% is quite obvious, even to a blind mans stick that its too dark:cool:. a lot of forces if they stop you and have the kit to test it will no prohibit unless you remove there and then and dont fail the attitude test.
in N wales they have got tougher on it after a couple of bikers were killed after peole pulled out with dark tints and didnt see them.:*

mark freer
30-03-09, 16:36
hate to tell you this but if you put run what you brung at the bottom of ther reg platr its STILL illegal

topsparky
30-03-09, 16:40
i left the pod yesterday and went down the a14
as i was going thru town to get to the a14
speed traps everywhere
why don't the **** catch real crims
:bhd:bhd:bhd:bhd

Blackett
30-03-09, 18:28
hate to tell you this but if you put run what you brung at the bottom of ther reg platr its STILL illegal

Is that a new thing because what about all the cars driving around with Bloggs Garage Tel 0123 456789 at the bottom?

crosser
30-03-09, 18:40
Is that a new thing because what about all the cars driving around with Bloggs Garage Tel 0123 456789 at the bottom?

if you find the number plate thread where someone is on about getting nicked for dodgy plates there is a link to the dvla pointing out what can be put on number plates, of the top of my head the only thing you are allowed is the BS????, name and postcode of company that made the plates to be fully legal on any plates after 2002,

you can put what you like on a surround though, hence new cars now have an additional bit on the bottom part of the plate with dealers name or a surround

T4-JayValet
30-03-09, 19:21
tint's should just peel off mate....

easier when its warm, and any residue left behind, you can wipe of using tar and glue remover, and a old credit card, or blade(just be gentle)..

i've pulled loads of tints off before.. no prob's.

TonyR
30-03-09, 19:24

And how would they prove the plate had been manufactured after 2002 if you say it hasn't?

Unless of course the van is a 2002 onwards!

crosser
30-03-09, 19:38
And how would they prove the plate had been manufactured after 2002 if you say it hasn't?

Unless of course the van is a 2002 onwards!

the fact that he only bought it today :D:D:D

Blackett
31-03-09, 17:18
I removed the tint film fairly easily. Stood back and looked at my work thinking there was only a few lines of glue left on the window. Unfortunately, the lines were the bits with no glue! :eek: Meaning 30 minutes of windolene and Stanley scraper, just for the drivers window, still need to get the glue off the passenger's window although it appears clear. :(

Slapped my legal V4 NBP on her and took her to the MOT test centre. Now as I only had my straight through zorst (decat, no centre box, no rear silencers, quad exit) fitted on Friday I was a little nervous. I:

MOT Exhaust Emissions Test Result:

30-1-09 - Standard exhaust: 0.25 K (1/m)
31-3-09 - New MiJ exhaust: 0.37 K (1/m)

Slight increase but nowhere near the limit of 1.5 K (1/m)

MOT result...Fail on a passenger side wiper rubber crack! Sorted and certificate issued. Took the paperwork to the Police Station, Prohibition Notice lifted A:

Lesson learnt. T:

For my new plate I might get a black surround with Run What Ya Brung at the bottom.