thieving pikey scum. BEWEAR [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

thieving pikey scum. BEWEAR

Stressed
03-04-09, 19:53
Thieving pikey scum tried to break into my van today:*

It was broad daylight parked out side the trade entrance of B&Q in Romford. I'd been in the shop about 2 minutes. Another customer saw them trying, yelled and they ran/drove off.

They punched/drilled a hole in the back door above the handle to gain access to the lock mechanism.:*

I'm now having some security locks fitted on Monday, and have a hole in the back door to fix:mad:

Kleftiwallah
03-04-09, 20:10
Any idea where the epithet "pickey" comes from? Just wondering....Cheers, Tony.

Stressed
03-04-09, 20:27
Any idea where the epithet "pickey" comes from? Just wondering....Cheers, Tony.

I think this sums it up

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikey

clunkey
03-04-09, 20:51
How can you be sure they were pikies, for all you know they might have been recently redundant car plant workers or perhaps single mothers, it could have been them A-Rab terrorists that are feeding on our children and pensions but more than likely I think it must have been them evil doer asylum seekers coming over here to mess with our vans the fiends

or....or ...how about.. a new form of T4 homosexual gang who prey on house prices.

We should find a final solution to these social pariah just like the nazis

Here’s an idea

http://www.irespect.net/Travellers/Gypsy%20Holocaust%20Factsheet.htm

T4 rallies YES:) Fascist rallies :( - no thanks

hold on Just a thought it might have been THE GINGER MINGER GANG carrot topped T&*TS and helped by those brown skin turban people.

send them all to camps eh?

Maude
03-04-09, 21:20
Whoooaaa !!

Seems like you're the villain Stressed for using the term 'Pikey' without first confirming, without a shodow of doubt, that they were indeed 'Pikeys'.
Those kindly folks who just wanted have a look inside your van to see if they could help with anything are obviously free from any blame do not deserve to be labelled with such a degrading term.

Billybus
03-04-09, 21:33
the man had his van done over - he's p'd off. no need to try and be clever clunkeyT:

tidytransporters
03-04-09, 21:34
Perhaps they were ginger pikeys, just a thought! I wouldnt throw the term pikeys around top much either your have mars dags on you back :ILU:

clunkey
03-04-09, 21:34
Whoooaaa !!

Seems like you're the villain Stressed for using the term 'Pikey' without first confirming, without a shodow of doubt, that they were indeed 'Pikeys'.
Those kindly folks who just wanted have a look inside your van to see if they could help with anything are obviously free from any blame do not deserve to be labelled with such a degrading term.

Sorry if i was none too clear

gypsies do not deserve the slur that they are all Thieves. The people that did this to our chaps van are indeed scum… yes absolutely!

my objection was the racist inference that gypsies are scum and that is simply not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_devil

Billybus
03-04-09, 21:41

gypsies do not deserve the slur that they are all Thieves. The people that did this to our chaps van are indeed scum… yes absolutely!

my objection was the racist inference that gypsies are scum and that is simply not true

agree with that, I know some real decent traveller folk - just unlucky that some thieving lowlife has damaged your door bud:(

Kieran
03-04-09, 21:47
Does seem abit odd in day light in a b&q car park! :eek: Must of seen something they liked the look of. !!

clunkey
03-04-09, 22:00
Does seem abit odd in day light in a b&q car park! :eek: Must of seen something they liked the look of. !!

you would be suprised how much crime happens like that. Most people don't notice and if they do, they may well think it is the legitimate owner as this kind of scum have no shame and would "front it out" if challanged. (Bit like bankers and MPs really )

gets me really angry as they appear to get away with it... but what low sh8t lives they must have.

Maude
03-04-09, 22:09

my objection was the racist inference that gypsies are scum and that is simply not true.

I agree with you that gypsies are not scum but the original poster refered to pikies being scum. Not all gypsies are pikies and the term pikies refers to a thieving gypsy.

The following paragraph is from Wikipedia (so must be trueI:)

"In the book 'In the life of a Romany gypsy', published in 1973 and written by the respectable Romani author Manfri Frederick Wood, the term pikey is used by Romani Gypsies to refer to a member who has been cast out of the family. According to Manfri, if a member of the family is hot headed or a thief or a trouble maker or brings misfortune on the family, then a family council will be held and that member will be cast out of the family and will have to stay out of the way for ever more. They are regarded as never having even been a part of the family."

I just felt that your post came across a little condescending, especially as you had decided that his using the term pikey, rightly or wrongly, must include all types of gypsy, which it doesn't.
Like it or not, the term pikey has come to mean any sort of light fingered low life, that's progress, good or bad.

Stressed
03-04-09, 22:12

Hence the use of the word Pikey. A true Romany Gypsy probably would not act in the way the scum did today.

Pikey was the description from the tradesman that caught them in the act. Their van and description matched the cctv at B&Q. A neighbours van was broken into 2 weeks back at Halfords 400 yards up the road. The same van description was given then. The police who investigated his break in stated that there are these type of people doing these types of crimes in the area at the moment.

I will therefore stand by my statement of THIEVING PIKEY SCUM. And also repeat the BEWARE word for anyone parking in or around the east London Essex area.

Another thing I was trying to alert you all to was the apparent ease that they could get into the van lock. HOPE THOSE THAT HAVE DUG ME OUT DON'T GET THEIR VANS BROKEN INTO!

bigcat
03-04-09, 22:38
Stressed....Real sorry to read this mate. Been lucky so far meself, but makes my blood boil.

clunkey
03-04-09, 22:39
Moi Condescending?Rasp:

Ok I will accept that I could improve how people perceive my intent, but that said I would argue that ‘pikey’ is too often interchangeable with gypsy and too most people it is the same thing. I was working very recently with a group of 60 young people and not one of them could differentiate.

It’s a bit like white people thinking that its ok to call bad black people N*****s’ because some black people use it as a term of abuse for low life black people. I have also witnessed this within some Asian communities where the poor, uneducated or those on benefits are known as ‘Pakis’.

Now before anyone decides to post the Daily Mail “its political correctness gone mad” rant I have no problem with ba ba black sheep, blackboards or brainstorming, although saying they are now banned somehow is a total urban myth made up by the media and swallowed whole by the gullible)

my concern is with linguistics and how (please see the folk devils link above) we use these terms to connect to a idea or a perception of one (bit like branding e.g. buy Linx deo and women will want you or Asian/Arab = Terrorist) people have used this mental association to dehumanise other human beings and we all know where that leads don’t we?

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/01/10/opinion/on-my-mind-anniversaries-of-murder.html?sec=&spon=

nealglover
03-04-09, 22:42
I would use the term Pikey quite happily to describe someone going round breaking into cars.

I don't care if they are part of the traveller community, Romany gipsy, or live a nice big house. If they are thieving for a living, it's irrelevant where they live as far as I am concerned.

clunkey
03-04-09, 23:10
I would use the term Pikey quite happily to describe someone going round breaking into cars.

I don't care if they are part of the traveller community, Romany gipsy, or live a nice big house. If they are thieving for a living, it's irrelevant where they live as far as I am concerned.

i agree it is quite irrelevant where and how thieves live but the mental connection remains that pikey scum equals or has connection to gypsy and travellers so subconsciously gypsies are scum.

so Mikey (from lock stock) and his whole caravan dwelling community were pikies and not at all to be confused with gypsies?

Jimbo
03-04-09, 23:11
Man that is a sickener - sorry to hear this mate - hope yo get it sorted T:

Maude
03-04-09, 23:12
I for one will not change the words I use because some ill informed people do not understand their meaning.

Clunkey, I have no real problem with you posts, it's just things written on the internet can come across many different ways depending on your view or thoughts at the time, for instance, taken from your link to The New York Times............

"Today is the anniversary of the murder of thousands of Jews, Poles, Russians, gypsies and Ukrainians by the Germans. Tomorrow will be the anniversary of the murder of thousands of Jews, Poles, Russians, gypsies and Ukrainians by the Germans."

Well if that's what the Germans are like I hope I never have the misfortune of meeting any.

I'm a part time Pikey anyway, I have kipped in a van before and only the other day I bought some wood and they didn't charge me enough and, wait for it, I never said anything and left Rasp::D.

I'm off to bed now but I'll be keeping one eye open for those pesky Germans I: T:.

clunkey
03-04-09, 23:19
Surely you mean Ze Germans

Sleep well all

Nice talking to ya

zzzzZZZzzzz

spanner monkey
03-04-09, 23:56
Totally with you on this, if they had an ounce of respect for the effort and love that we put into these beauties then they would get a job and pay taxes like the rest of us. and refrain from making a living from their PIKEY yes PIKEY theivings .I have no time for these scum wasters, or for that matter the do gooders who like to stand up for them

tidytransporters
04-04-09, 00:09
This is just getting daft! If you didnt pay for some wood when the checkout staff missed it off then thats tough s**t for them! That dont make you a pikey!

The word pikey refers to the gypsie community (singular) which on the whole is responsible for many wrong activities which is why many people perceive all gypsies as bad uns!

Maybe not the case with all of them, but they do seem to be in local rags round here a lot for nicking copper cables (recently bt broadband cables) and central networks cables

Make your own mind up! Just going by local press but most pikeys would nick anything it seems to make a few quid

mikey
04-04-09, 06:59
I thought a Pikey was a fish in the river. :dunno:

nic 1084
04-04-09, 07:36
gald they did not get away with anythingT:

most people dont have any problem with 'gypsys' but there are very few of them, hardly any romanys have survived. Mostly nowadays the people claiming this are of irish descent.
as for travellers... most people imagine the 'new age' style who i have a lot of time and respect for.

however the itinerent people who choose as a lifestyle choice to live in a caravan instead of the house that they own, ( most that i have had dealings with own more than 1 property in this country or another slightly west of Wales) pay no taxes, steal or con their way around the country at the expense of vulnerable or elderly or stupid people, ignore the laws and rules of the country they live in, leave the area as a human ****heap and rubbish tip after they move on, demand extra rights claiming an ethnic background they do not have, then i couldnt care if they lived died or were incarcerated for ever...

rant over

bravocorsa
04-04-09, 08:23
hi mate that is , hope you get sorted,:(

bet you are glad you posted now ?? T:LOL:LOL:

vol164
04-04-09, 08:29
i :* hate pikeys , they stoles my mates motorhome off his driveway broad day light10.30 am on a friday morning in stevenge it did have wheel clamps on it etc this didnt stop em

markbanarsenal
04-04-09, 08:41
i aint too keen on them either..but i am lot more "aware" now since they nicked my prize possesion 2001 exaa modded to the max from sainsburys carpark in basildon 18months ago in broad daylight( and noone saw a thing????) , i just call them THIEVING SCUM no need for the "pikey" bit i suppose but if there is real proof that they were "pikeys" then so be it...sorry about the hole in the door dude:( get an alarm fitted asap good firm locally to me on canvey called precission alarms that will do it reasonable priced and may lower your insurance premiumT:
ps clunkey , you bin smokin' dat carpet again man????;)

Meatball
04-04-09, 08:46
i :* hate pikeys , they stoles my mates motorhome off his driveway broad day light10.30 am on a friday morning in stevenge it did have wheel clamps on it etc this didnt stop em

stevenage is a hole dude, you'd need machine guns and razor wire to keep anything safe over there.I:

(i went to school there and my dad lives there before anyone takes offence)

with regard to the pikey arguement, who cares what they are called they are bunch of theiving ar**hole w***ers and they deserve a good shoeing.

pic1london
04-04-09, 09:44
OK, so the choice of words has offended some but lets get to the point...
They came prepared & got in quick & brazen enough to do it broad day light!!

How can us van owners stop this or slow them down or make it more difficult for anyone to get in our rides?

What's on the market but not a hideously massive lock (as seen on the rear of transits), or is there a Handle surround specific for T4's which is less discrete?
Or tried & tested dead locks?

clunkey
04-04-09, 09:51
Ok I can see that many here prefer to revert to ignorance, myth and superstition peddled by the media and other assorted racist scum.

Pikies/gypises (at least in some minds here) are regarded monolithically; their given name is a synonym for thieves and cheats. As beggars and as Gypsies they are now also emblematic of all asylum seekers or Asians: beggars and presumed cheats or even terrorists at the gate of the west.

But it is you who are being "piked". For in page after page of pious opinion, myth has displaced history and opinion has displaced fact - facts either about their circumstances or UK social policy. In other words, the question of "need" is no longer about them and theirs, it's about us and ours.

The barbaric feel of many recent statements (e.g. quote “then i couldnt care if they lived died or were incarcerated for ever”... ) has much to do with ignorance - both genuine and wilful: please discover that the myth of the ‘pure bred Romani noble savage’ (or real Gypsy as some here cling to) romanticised by Victorian folklore and now paraded to say these other people are not gypsies they are ‘pikies’ and therefore can be dehumanised.

There never was a race of pure bred, dark-skinned nomads, there is a far more interesting truth: five hundred years after arriving in Britain, the Romanies of Britain today are much as they always were - a hybrid nation made up of original Indian nomads, sturdy beggars, landless poor and the economically displaced. They are Britain's internal refugees.

The easiest way to dehumanise people is to strip them of any context, of any history. And, with very little in the way of a written history of their own, with no book, no anthem, no flag or popular story about the founding of their nation; with no state or power of any kind except in numbers, the Gypsies are particularly vulnerable to such mythologising.

(e.g. “they would get a job and pay taxes like the rest of us. and refrain from making a living from their…pikey (ways”) why would any free born gypsy join a corrupt ’gorgias’ system and pay taxes (which to dispell yet another myth most of them pay - just like the rest of us - but the rich don't).

I understand when gypsies say our way is slavery, albeit modern slavery where the master has no responsibility to feed, house or sustain us in anyway, we toil and pay and pay somemore so he can be king!

It is us that has been duped: duped into working for the crumbs that fall from the profit table of the banks and the super rich.

We ’Gorgias’ buy our lives and swap freedom for security and so will come to deserve nether. Are our ways so perfect that we have become the new Master race?

Has anyone got any synthetic carpet they don’t want?

Just leave it out near the bin and I will come and collect....don't worry i wont take your scrap metal... carpet is worth more to me!

bartonnic
04-04-09, 12:35
Right i'll just stick to the facts as i know them.

It was Gypsies who broke into our local stables twice in 6 months and stole approx 30k worth of tack. They were confronted in broad daylight by two members of staff (both girls)who were threatened and held hostage with a pitchfork, one was punched in the face before the thieves left.

It was Gypsies who stole my brand new Ifor Williams horse box (1 week old) along with 2 other trailers from the aforementioned stables.

It was Gypsies who talked my 80 year old dad into having his drive tarmac'd for 3k then threatened him when he did not want to pay for a job. He rang me in tears after handing over the money.

Just a few of my personal experiences, i hate them with a vengence.:no

clintharshaw
04-04-09, 12:55
YES it is wrong to accuse someone of being a pikey just because they stole something

BUT even if their are a lot of good travellers which im sure there are

WHY is it that then that everytime gypies set up home (CARAVAN) in a new area crime instantly goes up.

Truth of the matter is that the majority of them are "thieving pikey scum" and they obviously ruin the reputation of the good folf that ARE out there.

HOPE YOU GET YOUR VAN SORTED MATE

clunkey
04-04-09, 13:32
Sorry to hear that you have suffered at the hands of bad/criminal people who may also happen to be travellers.

I have had some real horrendous ‘out of order’ experiences with a mugger who happened to be black and a nasty coward cop who beat me up, but I don’t hate all black people or police with ‘a vengeance’ just because of it.

Individuals can be bad but to demonise a whole community because some are criminal is dangerous. Nazi Germany did not just arrive one morning it was built over years of propaganda and conditioning to dehumanise the ‘untermention’ so that the road to the gas chamber was easier….

JandT
04-04-09, 13:34

It was Gypsies who broke into our local stables twice in 6 months and stole approx 30k worth of tack. They were confronted in broad daylight by two members of staff (both girls)who were threatened and held hostage with a pitchfork, one was punched in the face before the thieves left.

It was Gypsies who stole my brand new Ifor Williams horse box (1 week old) along with 2 other trailers from the aforementioned stables.

It was Gypsies who talked my 80 year old dad into having his drive tarmac'd for 3k then threatened him when he did not want to pay for a job. He rang me in tears after handing over the money.

Just a few of my personal experiences, i hate them with a vengence.:noCrikey that sounds awful, can see why you're :* off with them. Thats guttless using violence on those two girls, shame there wasn't a couple of big dogs around. Mind you they probably would of used the pitch fork on them or even steal them:eek:

Tra

clunkey
04-04-09, 13:37
YES it is wrong to accuse someone of being a pikey just because they stole something

BUT even if their are a lot of good travellers which im sure there are

WHY is it that then that everytime gypies set up home (CARAVAN) in a new area crime instantly goes up.

Truth of the matter is that the majority of them are "thieving pikey scum" and they obviously ruin the reputation of the good folf that ARE out there.

HOPE YOU GET YOUR VAN SORTED MATE

PROVE that go on PROVE that!

Yet another outrageous urban myth

I have seen police evidence that the arrival of gypsies in some areas create an opportunity for indigenous criminals to go on a spree because the ‘gypos’ will get the blame. Even witnessed ‘normal’ people dumping their at gypsy sites because the tip was to far…

clunkey
04-04-09, 14:26

It was Gypsies who stole my brand new Ifor Williams horse box (1 week old
Just a few of my personal experiences, i hate them with a vengence.:no

Now im not saying that I do not believe the ‘facts’ as you present them but do you have any links to evidence that it was in fact gypsies that stole your horse box and held those stable girls hostage with a pitch fork?

Wavestarved
04-04-09, 14:46
Clunky,
I'm with you part way. The link you possted is an absolutely essential reminder to all people about what happens when we reduce a section of our population to a habbit or occupation, or common characteristic. Yes we do see this tactic in the media and employed by governments, both ours and foreign, used to make the alienisation and in the extreme extermination of people all the more easy to carry out and justify.
Well said that man A:
Hoooooooowever, I believe the inference of the term "pikey" nowadays is less to do with whether a person lives in a house or a bus or a caravan, and more to do with whether the person has an attitude and belief that they have the right to f*ck everyone else over and help themselves to what they want without actually earning the brass to purchase it.
Now if the term "gypo" had been used, the man should have been struck down.
My reference to "pikeys" only ever applies to the scrounging/thieving scum who I see hanging around our towns in track suits and hoodies with baseball caps under them, waiting to nick someone's car stereo or pick fights with wee kids. I'm not saying that there isn't a place in society for these type of people, but, oh hold on yes I am! B:*s!
That said, I agree with your sentiments. Lets not forget the lessons of the past. Or ignore the sh*t that goes on in the present.

Stressed, dead sorry about your van mate, hope its sorted now!

nealglover
04-04-09, 15:09
Wavestarved, I totally agree. Not sure why we are all talking about Romany Gypsy etc, the OP said Thieving Pikey Scum. Not Gypsy.

If I use the term Pikey, I'm talking about anyone who scrounges and steals and has no social conscience. Unconnected to their choice of caravan/house etc.

Maude
04-04-09, 15:55
On the one hand you have your pikey low life who would steal your granny given half a chance,

then on the other hand you've got your romany gypsy with their loveable scampish charm,

but whose best?

http://usera.ImageCave.com/maude/pikey.bmp.jpg.jpg O R http://usera.ImageCave.com/maude/gypsy.bmp.jpg ? ? ? http://usera.ImageCave.com/maude/fight%201.bmp.jpg :D :D :D

Wavestarved
04-04-09, 16:18
Maude, f*ckin hilarious dude.
I'd pay damned good money to watch that one.
David F'in Essex and his damned sexy sparkly eyes, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!!!

bartonnic
04-04-09, 17:41
Now im not saying that I do not believe the ‘facts’ as you present them but do you have any links to evidence that it was in fact gypsies that stole your horse box and held those stable girls hostage with a pitch fork?

Both times registrations were obtained of the vehicles used and the police said they were from the local travelling community, they already had the vehicles on record but of course no charges were ever made.

Don't quite understand why you're defending them so hard, we get lots of them in our area and they always bring trouble of one sort or another and that is a fact.

Meatball
04-04-09, 19:10
You wanna buy some pegs dave!!!I:

pointless i know but couldn't resist it

pikeys townies chavs all one and the same.

one of my uncles is a gypsey he was the first one of his family to live in a brick built dwelling, hes 76 and still works everyday as a builder, still washes in the sink and still doesn't have a bank account. so gypseys are gypseys and pikeys are toolbags

hope the van gets sorted out tho buddy

JandT
04-04-09, 20:00
On the one hand you have your pikey low life who would steal your granny given half a chance,

then on the other hand you've got your romany gypsy with their loveable scampish charm,

but whose best?

http://usera.ImageCave.com/maude/pikey.bmp.jpg.jpg O R http://usera.ImageCave.com/maude/gypsy.bmp.jpg ? ? ? http://usera.ImageCave.com/maude/fight%201.bmp.jpg :D :D :DBrad Pitt any day;);)

Tracie:D

t4-4 eva
04-04-09, 21:37
agree with that, I know some real decent traveller folk - just unlucky that some thieving lowlife has damaged your door bud:(

not that im against travellers in any form but most are robbers !! i deliver caravans so have a few dealings with the folk, some are decent but more would rob u than help, on numerous occasions ive been unloading vans and kids have been in the wagon boxes trying to rob my jacks,parked up in lay-bys and tried to have fuel robbed !! to be fair i usually get a tip and a cuppa tho !!I:

bartonnic
04-04-09, 22:30
Meatball you have a problem with your taps.

I know there is good and bad in every race, creeed etc unfortunately for me i have never come across a decent gypsy.

big bazza
05-04-09, 13:26
Meatball you have a problem with your taps.

I know there is good and bad in every race, creeed etc unfortunately for me i have never come across a decent gypsy.

me neither the only ones ive come across,are nothing but thieving trouble makers,who threaten violence,whenever confronted/questioned about things ,even the kids are little c--ts,as far as im concerned i wouldn,t on a pikey if he was on fire