Wheel bearing [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Wheel bearing

Soulstyledevon
06-04-09, 10:21
Anyone know much it should cost to change a wheel bearing. Just phoned dealers in coventry, listers and they are after 210. Sounds bloody expensive to me. Might take it elsewhere.

thevandidit
06-04-09, 20:52
I was quoted 1 hour labour. Have done one myself which was just under 20 from GSF.
So does sound expensive to me!

t4trick
06-04-09, 21:10
Make sure its definately the bearing. Cheep tyres can give you all the same sounds and feel - its amazing how much it be similar.

bravocorsa
06-04-09, 21:28
Make sure its definately the bearing. Cheep tyres can give you all the same sounds and feel - its amazing how much it be similar.

hi def what trick said, just that its not exclusively cheap tyres which hum (on an old car had sp dunlops do this very bad, changed to a "budget" tyre was all sorted) T:

Soulstyledevon
08-04-09, 14:26
Thanks peeps. Picked van up from local garage today and got a second opinion on the wheel bearing job.

They said they have checked over the bearing and nothing wrong with it. Proper spot on. They say a little bit of road noise is from the tyres. But most the noise is coming from the windscreen seal, it has a small hole in it which is creating a bit of noise. This is what i originally thought when i took it to the dealers. I never even mentioned my suspicions to this independant garage. So big thumbs up to them:) Will get this screen sorted when van is in body shop next month.

As for listers coventry, thanks for nothing you useless tossersW: