Caravelle rear seats [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Caravelle rear seats

Roadcaptain
14-04-09, 19:28
can anyone tell me if the very rear seats in a caravelle are on mushroom bolts? if not how are they fixed in?

colese
14-04-09, 19:31
4 bolts hold the triple down on the earlier vans,dont know about later,not mushrooms though,just standard bolts screwed into floor.

:ILU:

T4 Chris
14-04-09, 20:02
Yep same on later too. There's a strap in the boot that you pull and the whole seat tips forward (with backrest folded down). This increases boot space but also reveals the 4 mounting bolts

Roadcaptain
14-04-09, 20:24
cheers guys

jar
14-04-09, 20:30
I had a 2000 velle and all of my rear seats had mushroom bolts.

The middle seats were 3 seperate seats held in with the mushroom bolts and the rear 2 were oddly enough captains seats held in with mushroom bolts as well!

Never seen another one configured like that though, and neither is mine now...

John R

colese
14-04-09, 21:17
I had a 2000 velle and all of my rear seats had mushroom bolts.

The middle seats were 3 seperate seats held in with the mushroom bolts and the rear 2 were oddly enough captains seats held in with mushroom bolts as well!

Never seen another one configured like that though, and neither is mine now...

John R

cuz you had singles in the rear row,not atriple,others have the mushrooms if you have 2 rear rows of double and single seats.

RubberBiker
15-04-09, 09:18
I read that LWB window vans that are fully seated had all removable seats on mushroom bolts (but I haven't seen this myself to check) whilst all the caravelles I've seen have been SWB with the rear triple seat bolted down.