Squeaky Side Door? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Squeaky Side Door?

baba boo
15-04-09, 11:18
Any ideas on how to stop the squeaks, seems worst when we go over bumps? Thanks, Colette

T4 VIRGIN,
15-04-09, 15:03
Any ideas on how to stop the squeaks, seems worst when we go over bumps? Thanks, Colette

i think you put a little grease in the locator on the pillar and when you close the door the pin on the door goes in there and doesnt squeek anymore
sorry for the poor description but if you look at the pillar and door you will see what i mean T:

ddixonuk
15-04-09, 15:38
I would second Virgins idea, i sprayed a little WD40 in the locators on the body and squeakage has ceased. A:

Whitey42
16-04-09, 15:22
Guess what I have the same problem too but only on dry days! The side door squeaks when going over anything other than smooth tarmac. I have lubricated the door locating pins and anywhere else I can find but still happening... door works fine, any ideas? :confused:

Dibdob 69
16-04-09, 16:27
When i took the inner panels of to sound proof my van, I found that some of the nuts holding the door runner on, were lose. Tightened them up and no more squeak :D

Treeeev
16-04-09, 17:04
As well as lubricating the pins (I did mine with spray grease), I wiped some WD40 over the door seals. No more squeaks

Regards

Trevor

baba boo
17-04-09, 19:25
Thanks everyone, we'll try all those suggested ideas, Colette