Weird ergonomics [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Weird ergonomics

Dub Lovin' Criminal
16-04-09, 18:40
Just bought my first T4 (ex-AA) after years of bays and T25s.
So far I'm loving the power delivery and all-round usability (it's replacing my T25 and my A4), but does anybody else have issues with the ergonomics?
I'm a bit over 6 foot and to get my right foot and leg comfortable on the throttle I have the seat so far back I can barely reach the top of the wheel (it's a good job the clutch is almost kippered cos I can barely get it to the floor :D).
Has anybody else experienced this or am I just a weird shape?
Is there anything I can do to improve things without major surgery (to me or the van :D)

Maude
16-04-09, 18:49
I'm 6' and haven't noticed any problems at all. Do you have standard seats?

Dub Lovin' Criminal
16-04-09, 18:57
Yes - driver's seat's in good nick too.
I've got a bit of bad back a the mo and I wonder if that's not helping.
I can't help feeling I'd be much more comfortable if I took a lump hammer to the inner wing!

BANANAVAN
16-04-09, 19:14
well im 6ft5 and r lass is 5ft2 and we both frive t4s with no problems

You must be driving like thishttp://www.irishnews.com/webimages/20080522/news2.jpg

team french
16-04-09, 19:19
im 6'2" and no problems, gearstick extention to lift it but that aint unusual:D

Dub Lovin' Criminal
16-04-09, 19:26
well im 6ft5 and r lass is 5ft2 and we both frive t4s with no problems

You must be driving like thishttp://www.irishnews.com/webimages/20080522/news2.jpg

I am (but obviously my cap's on back to front, and one hand's down my jogger bottoms :D:D:D)

Must just be the sciatica. Best just suck it up and stop being a wimp ;)

jane/rob&dennis
16-04-09, 19:46
6' 1" and yes I have trouble in the pedal box area!I: sorted it with a set of scooby seats mounted on 10mm steel plate. A:
Jane's ony 5' 5" and I only wish she'd move the seat back after she's driven, save me breaking my legs to get in!

Dub Lovin' Criminal
16-04-09, 20:00
6' 1" and yes I have trouble in the pedal box area!I: sorted it with a set of scooby seats mounted on 10mm steel plate. A:
Jane's ony 5' 5" and I only wish she'd move the seat back after she's driven, save me breaking my legs to get in!

Phew that's a relief. Thought I was freak :D

Although clearly I am in so many other ways