those with the front cab bunks - a question [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

those with the front cab bunks - a question

mickB
17-04-09, 06:01
I have one and it is a great bit of kit T:

I have an early van with the fold down bench seat and I fold that down to allow my 11yr old to get in the bunk, but I want to change to a later bench with the 2 three point seat belts, how do owners with such seats get their kids into the bunk ?

mickB
17-04-09, 11:27
Could your child not climb over?

I will let people with children of this age reply!

Just thought i would bring it to the top of the pileT:

Rob

he'd have to climb over the head rests too, not a lot of room to the roof and a drop down to the bed,

anyone have one of Rob's excellent quality cab bunks and fixed back later bench seat can help ?

king marty
17-04-09, 19:05
Ive got a double fixed back seat in mine, but ive got a row of units behind the front seats, so my lad climbs up on to them then hops in to bed, but we do have to remove 1 of the head rests

Kieran
17-04-09, 19:10
Only got a single in front of mine so the we lad just goes threw the middle. Not much help i know but was wondering why the change of seat if its gonna cause issues?!

mickB
17-04-09, 19:19
Only got a single in front of mine so the we lad just goes threw the middle. Not much help i know but was wondering why the change of seat if its gonna cause issues?!

the early fold down seat has only a lap belt in the middle and I want eithe my mrs or my lad who seats there to have a full 3 point belt, wouldn't fancy them smacking their heads of the dash with just a lap belt

mickB
17-04-09, 19:20
Ive got a double fixed back seat in mine, but ive got a row of units behind the front seats, so my lad climbs up on to them then hops in to bed, but we do have to remove 1 of the head rests

that is one thing I thought of doing, does the drop to the bunk cause an issue ?