Ring Gear !!! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Ring Gear !!!

Resto
20-04-09, 18:56
Hi can any body tell me where i can buy a ring gear from, i looked around and can seem to find any thing

cheer all

T4 VIRGIN,
20-04-09, 19:14
Hi can any body tell me where i can buy a ring gear from, i looked around and can seem to find any thing

cheer all

are you having problems starting?? the ring gear is on the flywheel-choices are 2nd hand or new flywheel or you may get a ring gear from main dealers but ive never heard of someone buying a ring gear for years

cloudnine
20-04-09, 19:15

cheer all

www.annsummers.com

what kinda ring gear where you after??

Mr fizik
20-04-09, 19:31
www.annsummers.com

what kinda ring gear where you after??

You shouldnt need a ring piece to satisfy the lady folK! LOL:

StephenTazz
20-04-09, 19:32
What are you driving?

If you have a 219mm dual mass flywheel you can change to a 228mm normal one (and matching clutch)...

When a twin mass flywheel pops, it's scrap...

Resto
21-04-09, 16:39
are you having problems starting?? the ring gear is on the flywheel-choices are 2nd hand or new flywheel or you may get a ring gear from main dealers but ive never heard of someone buying a ring gear for years

yeah only every now and then, i would hav to put it in gear and rock it a little and it will start then, or would i be better off jus changing the flywheel, its not the starter and its bin reconditioned and is all ok

Resto
21-04-09, 16:41
What are you driving?

If you have a 219mm dual mass flywheel you can change to a 228mm normal one (and matching clutch)...

When a twin mass flywheel pops, it's scrap...

a 92 t4 bud how would i find out wot size ? ? ? ?

T4 VIRGIN,
21-04-09, 17:01
a 92 t4 bud how would i find out wot size ? ? ? ?

on a 92 you wont have a dual massflywheel,you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one

Resto
21-04-09, 19:13
jus bin out and had a look, i took the grommit out so that u can see the ring gear and the teeth all appear to look ok, BUT... and the very edge off the ring gear u can see tht it is all shiney,

SO... wouls this mean tht the starter is not engaging all the time properly ?