LWB Question [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

LWB Question

tonyr1664
21-04-09, 22:02
Do LWB vans attract different Tax than SWB? Do they come under a different MOT schedule? Basically are there any downsides apart from parking?
Cheers all,
Tony :)

T4YLOR
22-04-09, 00:18
no i dont think theres any difference at all mate besides the length

T4YLOR

mikey
22-04-09, 06:30
Same mot, same tax, just a foot longer so more van to enjoy T:

Merry Monk
22-04-09, 08:56
No downsides, just more room inside. If you can park a SWB you can park a LWB, only difference is the nose might stick out a bit.

RubberBiker
22-04-09, 09:37
You might find it doesn't fit some parking spaces. Particularly in London, they're known to ticket people when a bumper overhangs a white line by an inch or two. My SWB will only just fit some spaces.

An upside is the load area in a SWB is only just big enough for a builders sheet (1.2 * 2.4m), so everything has to come out just to fit a few sheets in laying flat - even a tiny bit more space is helpful. (The caravelle I have now is even worse - because of the internal trim, the space between the wheel arches is now too small to lay a sheet flat).

team french
22-04-09, 10:19
any one know of a good one in the north? im on the look out for one, but they are all in the south as usual:(

Cosha
22-04-09, 10:24
im not far north enough :(

Merry Monk
22-04-09, 11:45
any one know of a good one in the north? im on the look out for one, but they are all in the south as usual:(

Keep an eye on autotrader and the like, and be prepared to wait. It took us ages to find ours.
Happy hunting:)

team french
22-04-09, 11:50
Keep an eye on autotrader and the like, and be prepared to wait. It took us ages to find ours.
Happy hunting:)

i am, just not wanting a few hundred mile round trip to look at somthing that turns out to be , but chance's are that will be what il end up doing.(not meaning your van cosha;)) and i wish they had a date when the ad was placed and people would remove it once the van is sold.

why cant there be one just down the road:(

Merry Monk
22-04-09, 11:53
They are like buses, you don't see one for ages..........then a load shows up at one, that was the case with usLOL:LOL:

team french
22-04-09, 11:55
They are like buses, you don't see one for ages..........then a load shows up at one, that was the case with usLOL:LOL:

thats usualy after youve bought one as wellLOL:LOL:

Merry Monk
22-04-09, 11:59
It was :( They were all over the place after we had splashed the cash:(

tonyr1664
22-04-09, 18:25
Cheers guys,
I posted the same question on the T5 (don't hate me) page about a week ago and nothing you guys have 1 night and loads of response! Either not enough work going on or just a better sense of community A: