The Dilema......Marrage or Lobbs? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

The Dilema......Marrage or Lobbs?

Mozzer
22-04-09, 08:02
Well got the green light to go to Lobbs a few weeks back.....Plan was to take my lad have a bit of quality father son time....

Anyway,,,, Son (he's four ) says vans are boring and he wants to stay at home with his mum!!!

Fair enough I thought........................ I'll go on me own (Vans Surfing Beers etc etc etc etc I:)...........................................

Now wife not so keen...."as I have weekend off there are plenty of things I should be doing, ie spending quality faimly time together....."painting the bathroom" etc etc etc etc etc........

So choice is go to Lobbs..............................Be in the :* with the wife

dont go to Lobbs keep wife happy save marrage.............

Fatboy35
22-04-09, 08:28
I: Mmmmm.....tough one;)

bigcat
22-04-09, 08:30
Mikey's Lobb do is only once a year T:. B+Q are open 8/25/366 and the cool thing about undone d.i.y is that it can last forever I:.
No contest :D

reimoboy
22-04-09, 08:41
Tell your son that there will be plenty of other kids going that he can play with and have a great time, and hey, why not talk the mrs into coming as well then you can go to Lobb and have some quality family time T:

bigcat
22-04-09, 08:46
Tell your son that there will be plenty of other kids going that he can play with and have a great time, and hey, why not talk the mrs into coming as well then you can go to Lobb and have some quality family time T:

Of course that's what I really meant. Nice one Simon A:

Jurasik
22-04-09, 09:19
Well got the green light to go to Lobbs a few weeks back.....Plan was to take my lad have a bit of quality father son time....

Anyway,,,, Son (he's four ) says vans are boring and he wants to stay at home with his mum!!!

Fair enough I thought........................ I'll go on me own (Vans Surfing Beers etc etc etc etc I:)...........................................

Now wife not so keen...."as I have weekend off there are plenty of things I should be doing, ie spending quality faimly time together....."painting the bathroom" etc etc etc etc etc........

So choice is go to Lobbs..............................Be in the :* with the wife

dont go to Lobbs keep wife happy save marrage.............

:eek::eek: Choice of DIY or a weekend away with family & friends?
NO CONTEST!
Tell her she deserves a weekend breakaway. I would be going if I was not already busy.

t4scooby
22-04-09, 09:31
only one decision viable really

lobb fields needs you

:ILU:

jane/rob&dennis
22-04-09, 10:02
the answer

Shoes!

buy her shoes and go to Lobbs.

Job done!

chroma andy
22-04-09, 10:13
convincing a 4 year should be pretty easy...tell him there's a big toys r us in braunton

hendrix
22-04-09, 11:20
Come come now Morris - you wangled a surf trip to Morocco with the boys while your boy was a mere babe in arms! Surely a weekend in Devon should be a piece of pee pee for a silver tongued charmer like yourself! :D

team french
22-04-09, 11:46
the answer

Shoes!

buy her shoes and go to Lobbs.

Job done!

LOL:LOL:LOL:

thing is , she will be in a mood when you get back! So get two pairs and use the second to "cheer" her up when you get thru the door as a supriseH:H:

Hampshire3321
22-04-09, 11:52
Plenty more fish in the sea!!!

Sure their will be lots of lovley young ladies their............... I:

hendrix
22-04-09, 12:04
Plenty more fish in the sea!!!

Sure their will be lots of lovley young ladies their............... I:
H:LOL:H:
Nice to see someone who upholds the sanctity of marriage, commitment to each other and understands the meaning of deep, meaningful love I:

It's an option though, mate Rasp:

rallyraid
22-04-09, 13:07
well my current girlfriend said last week that i would be better of a single man.....Bye then.

Mozzer
22-04-09, 14:09
Ok.........

Will see what i can work out thinking maybe a new pair of slippers and a nice new peg bag!!!!

......................I asked my son again if he wanted to go.............................

...................He said.........." Vans are gay"...................................

I really don't know where he gets it from?

Must have seen Hendrixs Van.........................LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LO L:LOL:

vol164
22-04-09, 14:22
problem you will always have is your always in the sh**t its just the depth that differs ,
and if you cant have a weekend away on your own thats being selfish , i,m sure if it was the other way round and there was a spa weekend up for grabs for your mrs and her mates she will be telling you shes goin , and thats final ,

hendrix
22-04-09, 14:27
Tell the lad it's not just about vans..............................It's about meeting other men and indulging in water sports with them, talking to strange fellas and showing interest in their rides .......................and generally lots and lots of camping I:

How can that possibly mean vans are gay :dunno:

Mozzer
22-04-09, 14:38
Thanks Hendrix........................................... ......I:

Off to B&Q I go.................I:

mikey
22-04-09, 14:47
Get yourself to Lobb, bring the wife give her the discount card for the surf shops in Braunton, chill out all have a good weekend. T: If you come on your own you get ear ache, thats only tempory, if you stay at home everone on the forum is going to know what a whoos you are Rasp: What are you man or mouse.............what was that faint little squeck. T:

Mozzer
22-04-09, 14:52
Jesus Mikey.........

have yoe met my wife :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Give her a Discount card and let her go shopping............

............................Shes the Cause of the global recession............................

Im going to have to think of something cunning...........................

More cunning than a cunning fox from cunningham university of cunning.....................

mikey
22-04-09, 14:55
See you there then T:

peckham
22-04-09, 21:35
just read all this thread as going through similar dilemma. My mrs was coming until she seen todays revamped forecast, do i continue to pursuade her? make the calls to the lads for replacements sor simply go on my own?
dont care.................im goingA:

Mozzer
22-04-09, 21:59
updated forcast could well be the last nail she bangs in my lobs coffin............................................ ......:(

hendrix
22-04-09, 22:47
Pahhhhh!!!!!!! we live on a sticky out county in the middle of the Ocean - and the folk across the border in Devonland poke out a bit too! The BBC know nuffink! :)
You've heard about Microclimates.........well I reckon there'll be a Mikeyclimate at Lobbity fields :D and the sun will shine :) Otherwise it's free T4 Teds al round A: and the Devonish people pay all the Cornwall lads' diesel Rasp:

hendrix
22-04-09, 22:48
So there!............... Err Time for bed methinks :cool: Later :ILU:

mikey
23-04-09, 06:51
Just get yourselfs down here, your not made of sugar are you T:

novo
23-04-09, 13:01
Hi Morriss, I think the poll says it all, go to Lobbs. H:

I managed to have about 5 or 6 weekends away by myself last year, 2 of them were VW shows and the others with my mates in the MTB club, goto show them (wife) who's boss. I:

You could always pop down to B&Q, their doing specials on ear plugs to shut out the noise when you get back! :D

Oh, and by the way, my house still isn't finished! Rasp:

just dan
23-04-09, 21:26
More cunning than a cunning fox from cunningham university of cunning (quote)
no more cunning then the pet fox of the dean of cunning at cunningham university in the town of cunnington in cunninghamshire.
i'd go and ask nicely if she'll come for you it would show she cared etc blah blah blah try the old sympathy card they do it why can't we.
p.s don't tell my wife i said this i know who's boss in our houseI:

aggie
23-04-09, 22:14
Buy her a tin bath and some acid and tell her when you get home if she moans she's going in it! Once she's told you how to cook clean washup etc etc..LOL:

I hate possesive bossy women they have no idea how important it is for us grown adult men to behave like teenagers againT:

snigvan
23-04-09, 22:46
The question is what has littleun been offered that is more attractive than a weekend camping with Dad??
Me thinks he plays poker with you...
Up the stakes!!