ex aa central locking [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

ex aa central locking

ICUALICE
27-04-09, 19:02
would a x reg ex-aa van have central locking? if not is it easy to fit?

thanks

jai

DavieT4
27-04-09, 19:03
I would have thought yes to your first question and if it doesnt maplins have a good decent priced easy to fit kit

ICUALICE
27-04-09, 19:11
ok thanks m8y

BANANAVAN
27-04-09, 19:25
mines a Nov 2000 x reg and came with no central locking

Dibdob 69
27-04-09, 19:50
Mines an 03 with no central locking I:

hendrix
27-04-09, 19:54
My Y reg 2001 ex AA didn't until I fitted a Maplin's kit for 20 - 30 :D

Mozzer
27-04-09, 20:46
My Y reg 2001 ex AA didn't until I fitted a Maplin's kit for 20 - 30 :D

thats not what ive seen every time you hit the unlock button the windscreen wipers go nuts the horn sounds and your dog s*%ts himself.......................... LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

Jurasik
27-04-09, 21:00
Mine's an 02 plate & didn't come with C/L.

hendrix
27-04-09, 21:50
thats not what ive seen every time you hit the unlock button the windscreen wipers go nuts the horn sounds and your dog s*%ts himself.......................... LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

That's only cos I asked you for fitting advice!!!Rasp:

I'll pop that seat round in the morning ;)

Mr Woodcraft
27-04-09, 21:53
my o3 doesnt have central locking either... i love having to check each door everytime, very old skoolT:

zeb
27-04-09, 22:19
Like everyone else - no C/L on my 2001 ex-AA.

I fitted an eBay kit, wired it up to the alarm I now have selective unlocking - front doors on first press and rear door on second press (really must get a contact for the sliding door as I've already fitted the motor!)

BANANAVAN
27-04-09, 22:21
Like everyone else - no C/L on my 2001 ex-AA.

I fitted an eBay kit, wired it up to the alarm I now have selective unlocking - front doors on first press and rear door on second press (really must get a contact for the sliding door as I've already fitted the motor!)

oh that sounds fancy wheres that from then? T:

zeb
27-04-09, 22:52
I'm using an AutoWatch 458RL which has the distinctive unlocking built in (with the use of an external relay) although I had to be creative as the central locking kit I have knows when the doors are locked / unlocked so won't pulse the motors again!

I'm using the c/l controller that came with the c/l kit on the front doors and the c/l outputs of the alarm for the rear door (soon to be doors).

If you want any more details then I'll try to knock up a diagram...

akdaka
28-04-09, 14:43
Zeb

Did you install the Autowatch unit with the Maple immobiliser or did you eventually remove it. I am interested in installing an alarm system, and with a C/L system this looks as it would be just the job.

As you say, I only really need to open the front doors most of the time so had considerd a part system to save walking round the van. It sounds similar to the factory fit system on our car which would be great.

Andy

zeb
28-04-09, 22:28
Yeah, the 458 is the Cat 2 to Cat 1 conversion. I moved the aerial for the Maple immobiliser into the lower part of the steering wheel cowling (so it didn't interfere with the factory fitted immobiliser).

By adding an additional relay to the alarm, it's possible to do the selective unlocking with one of the cheapy central locking kits. In fact you can do it with just four two-wire motors!

Because I installed the c/l first I started by using the control module that came with the door motors on the front doors. It does mean that if I unlock with the key then both front doors unlock.

However, if I was doing it again I'd just use the alarm and an extra relay as I only ever use the remote to unlock the van now!

ICUALICE
28-04-09, 22:37
all sounds very complicated