Mot failed!!!!! Arrrrrgh [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Mot failed!!!!! Arrrrrgh

Smokey Fontaine
30-04-09, 17:42
Yep took the 2.5 for its MOT today and she failed on one thing........

The number plate! It is a German font and the spacing isnt correct, also its says Vee Dub at the bottom instead of the postcode of the manufacturer.
I did know all this and that it was not strictly legal but i never really thought too much about the MOT i didnt think it was part of it yet, turns out it was! Hey Ho.

Anyway, the garage made me up a new pair for 20 notes, i stuck them on and bobs yer. Second time lucky.
Actually very pleased thats all she failed on.

Just a word of warning, watch out on the MOT. It was actually the spacing they failed it on, not the font.....

Smokey.

rhinochaser
30-04-09, 17:47
coulda been a lot worse- at least its through for 20quid!
I know south wales police are having a big clampdown on plates at the mo

StephenTazz
30-04-09, 20:34
Yes Number Plates are back on the MOT radar, as from last Monday...

aggie
30-04-09, 21:14
Thing is is what have number plates got to do with safety and roadworthyness? Answer absolutly **** all!
Bet your sticking the german ones back on now and just keep the new ones for next years mot! Thats what i'd be doing anywayT:
The law is an ass and vosa are the biggest bunch of lettuce tossers this side of the milleniumRasp:

hendrix
30-04-09, 22:22
lettuce tossers?..................What is "Lettuce tossers?" :D

m4rty2472
30-04-09, 22:30
I think we can expect alot worse to come - many of the minor things will become fine'able offences and heavily enforced. Lets face it, the Gov't is pretty damn skint and needs to use us as big fat cash cows!!!! Won't be long before we all have to have some sort of monitor that measures the quantity of air we suck in, then get billed for it with some sort of VAT aded to it aswell just for good measure!!!LOL

tidytransporters
30-04-09, 23:00
lettuce tossers?..................What is "Lettuce tossers?" :D

They are wet lettuces lol lol

Smokey Fontaine
01-05-09, 07:14
Thing is is what have number plates got to do with safety and roadworthyness? Answer absolutly **** all!
Bet your sticking the german ones back on now and just keep the new ones for next years mot! Thats what i'd be doing anywayT:
The law is an ass and vosa are the biggest bunch of lettuce tossers this side of the milleniumRasp:

Already back on brother...

Smokey.