any body seen this [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

any body seen this

perky15
01-05-09, 08:18
what a van
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180349125134

Billybus
01-05-09, 08:23
nice but not sure id pay 22grand:eek:

Vented
01-05-09, 08:26
It is nice, a bit too showroom-ey for my taste, lacking in that personal touch.

Mr fizik
01-05-09, 08:31
You could probs get a new t5 sportline for similar money! I doubt they will get any takers at that price! I would say more in the region of 10k

So-Kal
01-05-09, 08:57
As beautiful as it is, it's still a left hooker, over 6 years old and with not much done to it over and above what it left the factory with.

£22k is ever so slightly optimistic - for that sort of cash, then an almost new T5 with a bespoke interior is easily on the cards..............

Still - I bet there's some mug with more money than sense will buy it, so good luck to them............. I:

t4trick
01-05-09, 09:03
Thanks for that.

Mine looks as good, with addition of personal touches. It doesn't lug around the heavy interior that I would find impractical to use, and the addition of the pop top does not add 10k on to the price of mine.A:

Is the dashboard in back to front?;)

Its a nice bit of kit, I wish him good luck; I'd have it if i could have both!.... but I'm even happier now, I've got mine!T:

Vented
01-05-09, 09:12
I love how the term surf bus is attached to every T4 for sale on ebay, my T4 has bespoke surfboard carrying design built in therefore - a surfbus, I see builders vans for sale on ebay called surf buses, H: maybe they should use the term 'potential surfbus'

slammedviper
01-05-09, 09:31
Chap who's selling it is on here... Seen the van in the flesh last year and personally think its worth every penny... Finish is incredible and the rims look gorgeous on it... Easily one of the best vans around with out fail...

Jono :ILU:

nealglover
01-05-09, 09:45
I would have it in a heartbeat ! (if I had the moolah that is)

It's a stunner, left hooker is ok by me, standard 150bhp, low miles etc etc.

Hard to price as it's so rare to find but I'd pay it I reckon.

PS: click on classifieds tab above, it's in there T:

BANANAVAN
01-05-09, 10:33
they build quality of the t4 Cal is 100 times better than the t5 cal Ie bits of trim dont fall of in the dealers showroom!
Look at the price of early t4 Cal's they hold their price well!.

yeah you could probably buy a stadard t4 and get it converted but to get it converted to the same spec but It'll easy cost you more than £22k

BANANAVAN
01-05-09, 10:43
You could probs get a new t5 sportline for similar money! I doubt they will get any takers at that price! I would say more in the region of 10k

:confused:
where do you sleep ? cook ?

nealglover
01-05-09, 10:55
Aye :D if they were 10k my van is worth about £12.70

BANANAVAN
01-05-09, 11:04
the resale value and build quality will on all home brew conversions you only have to look at the price of the T3 Westfalias to see that

l34sm
01-05-09, 11:05
Surf Bus LOL:
A surf bus has a bed, something to heat carbs up on, and is full of sand, towels and wetsuits! Or i am doing it wrong?

California
01-05-09, 13:55
Thanks for the nice comments, but am disappointed at the other, I wish people would pull there heads out of there and stick to things they know slightly more about!

It is now sold and the first person that saw it bought it without a second thought, I had people queuing up ready to pay the asking price, where do you think you would be able to replace it, that is the last model that Westfalia converted for VW and it has no replacement.

I guess some people get it and some donít

Much love and peace as always Keith
;););)

slammedviper
01-05-09, 16:28
Awesome... Glad you sold it Keith, but its going to be sad to see it go... Remember seeing it at Chalvington last year and it was gorgeous... T:

So-Kal
01-05-09, 18:42
Thanks for the nice comments, but am disappointed at the other, I wish people would pull there heads out of there and stick to things they know slightly more about!

It is now sold and the first person that saw it bought it without a second thought, I had people queuing up ready to pay the asking price, where do you think you would be able to replace it, that is the last model that Westfalia converted for VW and it has no replacement.

I guess some people get it and some donít

Much love and peace as always Keith
;););)

Fair play to you if you sold it at the asking price - but I can assure you my head is nowhere near my , which I'm thankful for (if said comment was aimed, at least in part, at me)

I do 'get it' - but unfortunately, it seems I don't have the sort of disposable income to 'get it' properly.

Shame that the T4 'scene' is rapidly going the way of the other VW 'scenes', in that to 'get it' you seemingly have to have very deep pockets...........:(

reimoboy
02-05-09, 08:41
Shame that the T4 'scene' is rapidly going the way of the other VW 'scenes', in that to 'get it' you seemingly have to have very deep pockets...........:(

With the greatest respect Keith I feel that comment is simply not true. Yes, there are T4s out there that have had a stack load of cash thrown at them at look fantastic because of it. However there are far more vans that have benefitted from the personal touch of their owners resulting in individual, desirable vehicles created on a modest budget.

The T4 scene crosses boundaries of owners backgrounds, persuasions etc and I think that is one of the greatest things about it. So whether your van is worth £500 or £22,000 we are all the same - HAPPY!! :D

Billet the Kid
02-05-09, 11:02
I have to say I love the van, I fully understand the comments about it being T5 money, but to look at it from another perspective, it's also Splitty/Samba type money and as much as I love them I know which I'd rather have on the drive.

I guess at the end of the day, it's all down to what works for you, although anybody who really understands the " scene " will also get the fact that the van in question is also a future classic or " tommorrows splitty " if you like.

As for having " deep pockets " to get it, Well words fail me.

Actually no they don't, I've never read such a load of t*** in my life.

Love Billet