Stop acting like a boy!!!!! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Stop acting like a boy!!!!!

l34sm
02-05-09, 11:51
Just had this told to me by the gf while telling her I want to get rid of the VW badge at the front. (A subtle way of introducing the parcel that should arrive soon). She says I am a 35year old man and have done enough to the van!
What she doesnt realise is......I have only just started and built my confidence with the basics, fancy having a go of doing sone actual moulding designs for the interior with fibreglass (too much lying around from repairing my other toys).
At least this hobby stops me trying to injure myself in waves/on boards/hanging from rocks etc.....
Anyone else had this discussion?

rocketron
02-05-09, 12:09
Lol shouldn't worry I think its in the forum rule that you must have these conversations.

Vented
02-05-09, 14:17
Yep, i'm 36 and it is being tolerated, the wife went off with the little one and a friend today and left me at home to insulate the van and continue building the new table for it, but when I mentioned popping off for a surf once finished I got the entire explanation about busy roads, bank holidays etc, so my advice, defer and deflect with something she knows you will love ie: boards and bikes :ILU:

hoverjon
02-05-09, 15:00
my mrs hates my other hobbies, she doesn't realise the main reason for getting the van, is to tow my hovercraft and have a nice place to sleep in, lots more hovercraft flying for me this year :)

vol164
02-05-09, 15:12
women dont understand my mrs seems to think everything should take just 2hrs to do , then gets the ******** when ive been outside all day playing with the van for **** sake doing a camper conversion yourself doesnt take 2hrs

Pelle T4
02-05-09, 15:58
Hi
Why stop acting like a boy???? Thats what the girls want but they dont confess this! Im a boy (51 y) and i still "play" with my T4 lowerd springs, pop up roof etc. My girl (wife since 25 years) still belive that im growing up. But i never will!! Take it or live it thats my point of wiev! Stand up "BOYS"

Kind Regards Pelle T4 Sweden!

Smokey Fontaine
02-05-09, 19:17
I cant get time on my own to play with it. My missus wants to play too, shes done nearly as much work on it as i have! She loves it!

Cant i have anything to myself????!?!

Smokey.

footballhead
02-05-09, 20:40
my missus won't play with mine ( ooh err missus)

mr plastics
02-05-09, 23:33
You need to explain that there are worst addictions in life than the T4, you could be down the pub with the boys or looking elsewhere.

As some may know I am in the T4 business and when attending VW shows I know that I have sold my products to the man and I have to justify the finacial outlay to the wife/partner. It is my experience in life that not all women identify with the bling so sell your project on the lifestyle. Introduce your wife/partner to 'T4 Girl' (yes she is also a mother) who is an inspiration and all your problems will be at an end. I had the pleasure in meeting this good lady at Mikey's Lazzy Lobbs and looking at her van I will say I was impressed. I also Know another very special lady I was fortunate to meet at Vanfest 2007 who appreciated what the VW Transporter can offer.

I think it would help if there are more post from Female partners of members in the postings explaining the family/personal lifestyle benefits. I have had the privilage to meet some of these ladies and I am sure they will know what I mean. Maybe Jimbo should introduce a ladies general T4 chat section (no male responce allowed) and a section only available and viewed by the Finer Sex. Now wouldn't that be interesting :*LOL:LOL:I:

Come on ladies take the pressure of the guys and tell the world 'T4/T5 is not only a man thing'.A:A:A:A:A:

One Van - One Life - Live It (if she will let you)

mr plastics
02-05-09, 23:56
Hi
Why stop acting like a boy???? Thats what the girls want but they dont confess this! Im a boy (51 y) and i still "play" with my T4 lowerd springs, pop up roof etc. My girl (wife since 25 years) still belive that im growing up. But i never will!! Take it or live it thats my point of wiev! Stand up "BOYS"

Kind Regards Pelle T4 Sweden!

I agree, I am 10 Y ahead of you and when you grow up all the fun goes out of your life, it is to do with mid-life crisis which relates to you are half way through life. If you look at some plants, they blossoms and then they die. I hope I never blossom ;)

Wavestarved
05-05-09, 19:19
Why oh why oh why the hell d'ya want to get the wimin involved, I do this to escape mine; that and surf, climb, kayak, drink, work, run etc etc. Hell, we sleep together, aint that enough?
Just kidding dear! I:

Soulstyledevon
05-05-09, 19:26
Had my van for nearly two years now and my wife spent her first weekend in the van last bank holiday down north devon. All of a sudden she is into alloys wheels, pop-top roofs for extra space and somewhere to boil water.
Could be the start of some additional financing:D

John J M
05-05-09, 19:29
I surf, Im a Photographer and im pimpin the bus , I aint got time for the boiler, as i affectionately call her, shes high maintenance and Russian, I just cant be d !:ILU:

getrad
05-05-09, 19:39
Got over the first one (wife that is) she was anti bus. Present seat cover loves the Dub scene, I can go windsurfing when ever I want, even when it aint windy :ILU:

Soulstyledevon
05-05-09, 19:45
Got over the first one (wife that is) she was anti bus. Present seat cover loves the Dub scene, I can go windsurfing when ever I want, even when it aint windy :ILU:

Sounds like the perfect woman Getrad, the only thing that could better that is if she likes a nosh!

getrad
05-05-09, 19:51
now that would be telling ;)

muddyhell
05-05-09, 20:08
The only time mine has moaned about the van was when i bought some alloys with the wrong PCD..oh and the 12" steering wheel was too small oh and the gear knob was uncomfortable...

SO i bought another set of alloys with the correct PCD..I:
She bought me a new gear knob for alot more money than I would have spent.A:
and we have come to an agreement with the steering wheel..I like it she don't!!:D

On the bright side she is starting to agree the 1.9td lump is too slow and noisy and a 2.5 or a T5 would be better..A:A:

I guess she dont mind me acting like a boy at times..

joet
05-05-09, 21:01
my mrs hates my other hobbies, she doesn't realise the main reason for getting the van, is to tow my hovercraft and have a nice place to sleep in, lots more hovercraft flying for me this year :)

I will be very suprised if you don't live 2 doors away from me.

Am I right??

:)

You're going to see my new van tomorrow....

(oh, and currently my wife is keen on the whole shebang, i am wondering how long this will last though)

l34sm
05-05-09, 21:07
I cant moan, she loves camping in it, prefers it to home bed so no problems there. And she comes windsurfing with me, and makes me hot drinks while i get cold.
She just said that the other day when I said about getting a private reg - W15 VRF or
L33 SRF. And i was saying about side bars as well I: and telling her gently i was debadging the front for another 30 thanks to t4srus btw! Delivered quick and fits a treat

floaty
05-05-09, 22:31
My Mrs likes the van and what i'm doing with it but she seems to think that it can be done without spending any cash and not spending all day on it without swearing sometimes. LOL:

VW V8 HJK
05-05-09, 22:48
i love being 18 me and my bus dont need women they make a mess and anoy the living :* outta me but i do have a girlfriend atm but shes cool but the others were total saxo lovers they dont no what style is do they fellas!!!!!!!!T:

T4S and T5 FTW T:

Saxo and Hairdressing cars FTLLOL:

Harley :D

bigcat
06-05-09, 08:31
I agree, I am 10 Y ahead of you and when you grow up all the fun goes out of your life, it is to do with mid-life crisis which relates to you are half way through life. If you look at some plants, they blossoms and then they die. I hope I never blossom ;)

That's the way ! Using the Gregorian calendar, some say I'm 49. Truth is been 19 longer than anyone ever has :D

golddust
06-05-09, 14:41
Tell her:

Some blokes indulge in drinking at the pub, some blokes are womanisers. You on the other hand wanted to do something she could enjoy with you.... might win you some brownie points?

Matty G
06-05-09, 15:16
Funny really, maybe i'm on my own with this one but i've found that whenever i've bought another van or somethin for it. the missus always has a moan about 2what do i need another one for".
However after the initial moaning period she stops moaning and starts to suggest places to go in it.
Very much like when she doesn't want to go to V festival, but is quite happy when i pay for a ticket for her to go, and is quite happy to stay in the van instead of a tent.

Meatball
06-05-09, 16:12
my misses wasn't that interested in me getting a van and i had to practically remodel the whole house to earn the points to get one and have the time to sort it out, but because the little one loves helping me so much she couldn't care less about me spending all day on the drive (woohoo)

although now that its getting near finished (well for a little while anyway....... sssshhh) she wants to go camping in it instead of having to spend hours sorting out the trailer tent!!

fickel bugger sometimes my misses but i'd be in useless without her

no clean clothes or food!!!! and i'd have to sort my self out as wellI: