anybody fitted [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

anybody fitted

phil.wadsworth
03-05-09, 21:04
anyone tried to fit a golf 1.9 tdi engine and 6 speed box into a 2.5 tdi t4 i am a reasonable good spanner man with full workshop facility.

cloudnine
03-05-09, 21:35
The 1.9 tdi has definately been done.. not sure about the 6 speed box tho

aggie
03-05-09, 22:06
I was the first in the country to do the 1.9TDI engine conversion from a golf into a T4,just thought id get that in before any of my followers try to claim the right to it!
I was also the first to install the taller 5th gear into the T4 gearbox although it has been going on in the cars with 02A and 02J gearbox's for some time.
However a six speed box either 02S or 02M has not been done so far up to now as far as i know,after weighing the conversion up i came to the conclusion that the biggest problem is that the differential position on the T4 gearbox is lower down in the casing because and the engine leans forward in the T4 and in all of the cars with 6speed box the engine leans back so the diff is positioned higher thus if you installed the 6speed box into the T4 the driveshaft flanges would be far too high up to connect the driveshafts.Maybe the extra gears and casing from the 02S gearbox can be added to the casing for the T4 gearbox to make it 6 speed but not with the 02M box as its completely different....

phil.wadsworth
04-05-09, 07:06
I was the first in the country to do the 1.9TDI engine conversion from a golf into a T4,just thought id get that in before any of my followers try to claim the right to it!
I was also the first to install the taller 5th gear into the T4 gearbox although it has been going on in the cars with 02A and 02J gearbox's for some time.
However a six speed box either 02S or 02M has not been done so far up to now as far as i know,after weighing the conversion up i came to the conclusion that the biggest problem is that the differential position on the T4 gearbox is lower down in the casing because and the engine leans forward in the T4 and in all of the cars with 6speed box the engine leans back so the diff is positioned higher thus if you installed the 6speed box into the T4 the driveshaft flanges would be far too high up to connect the driveshafts.Maybe the extra gears and casing from the 02S gearbox can be added to the casing for the T4 gearbox to make it 6 speed but not with the 02M box as its completely different....
thanks for your promt replies, what bhp 1.9 tdi did you fit and how does it perform in t4 compered to 2.5 tdi power torque and economy wise , oh and what ratio5th gear did you fit ,does your van pull that ratio , and what rev,s per mph do you achieve in top, hope thats not to many ? many thanks , phil. sorry one more? if you could choose another ratio next time what would it be?

aggie
04-05-09, 08:15
PM sent to you Phil

phil.wadsworth
04-05-09, 10:18
PM sent to you Phil

pm sent to you aggiet4,s