It lives! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

It lives!

Josho
06-05-09, 22:47
So, I've done the headgasket, timed it with NO tools, and it's GOING! I had to guess the timing, stuck the cams in the air for piston 1 and spun it by hand, and adjusted it accordingly, twice you could hear a slight tapping of the valves and pistons, but it's almost OK now. :ILU::ILU:

The timing is slightly out though, it wont idle and smokes a bit, so I need a VAG tool I believe for the camshaft. Do VW sell these?

Thanks! :D

So happy, no leaks or anything, all went fine, just need to fill and bleed the PAS, and retourque the headbolts when the engine is warm.

So happy, now we're gonna sort some of the dents out, and get it sweet.

I R happy. :D:D

Josho
06-05-09, 22:58
Oh, and it's my first ever headgasket, so I'm well pleased.

Billybus
06-05-09, 22:58
was wondering this morning how you had got on!

don't mean to pi+s on your parade but don't count your chickens just yet, you might wanna get it sorted before you run it anymore.

nice to hear your almost there tho, and good on you for sticking with it buddyT:

Josho
06-05-09, 23:01
Yeah, thanks. LOL, thinking of me. :D

Yeah, now I know for sure it's out, I won't run it at all, and on Saturday, I was cursing it for not catching fire properly.

But now I'm pleased with it. Saturday, it was massive chunk of something in my eye, blinding it and hurting, then goggles, took them off for two seconds and diesel drops in my other eye. Not a pleasant experiance at all.

Josho
06-05-09, 23:05
Oh, I totally (rudely) forgot to add, a big thank you to all the help this forum has given me in getting this far, thank you!

Jimbo
07-05-09, 06:15
Hi Josho
Well done that man, Good feeling when you DIY on a job most would just put into the garage ... then moan about how expensive it is.
Good for you ... whats next on the list ??
Jimbo

mole
07-05-09, 07:11
Registering maybe.................

Josho
07-05-09, 14:38
Hi Josho
Well done that man, Good feeling when you DIY on a job most would just put into the garage ... then moan about how expensive it is.
Good for you ... whats next on the list ??
Jimbo

Getting the body work sorted out, and maybe a T5 steering wheel. Respraying the steels and then interior.