Is it easy to take the yellow lights off the roof? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Is it easy to take the yellow lights off the roof?

joel devlin
10-05-09, 08:26
Hi, do you know if it ss it easy to take the yellow lights off the roof? I don't fancy tackling it if it is going to be a major pain in the A*se.

Cheers
Joel

T4 VIRGIN,
10-05-09, 09:06
Hi, do you know if it ss it easy to take the yellow lights off the roof? I don't fancy tackling it if it is going to be a major pain in the A*se.

Cheers
Joel

i take it you are an ex aa ??? easy enough just remove the headcloth and should be 4 or 6 bolts holding it on,next question is how are you going to plug the holes? and the miles of wiring

someone who has had an ex aa may be along shortly and give you definete advice T:

chrisreay
10-05-09, 19:05
Mine has one and I like it, I've kept it. No-one thinks I'm anything but a commercial driver, people let me out of junctions and if I have to stop anywhere I switch it on and you can see me for miles. The only downside it it's not very cool, but I don't care a bit.

vol164
10-05-09, 19:13
what i done on mine after removing the headlining you have 4 nuts that hold it on unbolt them cut the wiring going to and make it safe i just put inline connectors on the wires taped them then got 5 bolts 10 washers and nuts put sikaflex on them then bolted them together job done

Mr Woodcraft
10-05-09, 21:11
what i done on mine after removing the headlining you have 4 nuts that hold it on unbolt them cut the wiring going to and make it safe i just put inline connectors on the wires taped them then got 5 bolts 10 washers and nuts put sikaflex on them then bolted them together job done

i did the same with rubbery/nylon washers

slimbo
10-05-09, 21:29
if you put the lights on ebay they should go for about 80-90 quid..

vol164
10-05-09, 21:39
i got lucky selling mine , after having some scrap man drive past while they being removed he offered me 40 quid promtly to him to :*off, a mate of mine bought them for 120 , result

joel devlin
11-05-09, 10:19
I've got a load of blue flashing lights on ebay if your interested!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260408163763

These will get you about quicker!

Its not a good idea though..LOL: