Spent another lump of cash! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Spent another lump of cash!

aggie
13-05-09, 17:49
Well i decided my old van needs a bit of a makeover both mechanically and cosmetically.
I have been putting it of for a while but the ride quality has been getting worse and worse i think its the 130+BHP im running at the moment:D
Anyhow heres the list of bits n bobs i have began to collect for the big makeover
New twin mesh grill not sure of its name but i bought it from big bad bear at lobbsT:
Pair of front fog lamps for in the bumperT:
Pair of new rear fog lamps as the old ones had gone almost black:*
Pair of new 60mm rear springs as i have snapped another pair:eek:
Set of four new lowered shock absorbers the original ones are still going 190,000+:eek:
Pair of new front lower ball joints,old ones are knocking:eek:
Full service kit air/oil/fuel/cabin filters and engine oil and brake fluid changeT:
Last but not least a new set of BBS LM's 8x18" with new 225/40r18 rubber.

Would really like to find a rear anti-roll bar aswell but they are quite rare:(

And all this to do before Plymouth volksfest on the 22nd may, busy busy

BANANAVAN
13-05-09, 17:53
Would really like to find a rear ant-roll bar aswell but they are quite rare:(

Word is that Simon at Brickwerks has them T: http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/

Josho
13-05-09, 19:23
Nice list there. You should've gone 9 or 9.5 on the wheels. :D

aggie
13-05-09, 19:29
Nice list there. You should've gone 9 or 9.5 on the wheels. :D

Why 9 or 9.5 when i dont want them any wider than 8!

topsparky
13-05-09, 20:44
lm's will look the nuts mate
always like them
wish i had the money

aggie
13-05-09, 20:49
Will do some before and after pics durin the transformation,quite excited actually asi have had my T4 since april 2001 and its looked the same since then except for a Bra fitted in 2006.

just dan
13-05-09, 20:56
all sounds good bud look forward to seeing how its gonna look especially with the new rims. i can't say you have VAG rims like the rest of us anymoreI: i'll be away for a few weeks as you know i'm guessing it'll be all different when i get back then?

aggie
13-05-09, 21:18
all sounds good bud look forward to seeing how its gonna look especially with the new rims. i can't say you have VAG rims like the rest of us anymoreI: i'll be away for a few weeks as you know i'm guessing it'll be all different when i get back then?

Iv told you before mr.audi wheels, my porsche wheels are not vag rims when you gonna learn young one? How dare you bongo boyLOL:LOL:LOL:

just dan
13-05-09, 21:42
ferdinand porshe is mr vw its all in the name. a porsche as mr jeremy clarkson says is just a fast beetle:D you know its rights it nothing to be ashamed of vw own everything.

just dan
13-05-09, 21:48
oh look what i just found on the bbc" Carmaker Porsche says it has agreed a merger with fellow German manufacturer Volkswagen (VW) after weeks of talks between the two firms' management." porsche just another cog in the vw machine.
LOL:

sorry bud it had to be done.

aggie
13-05-09, 21:49
ferdinand porshe is mr vw its all in the name. a porsche as mr jeremy clarkson says is just a fast beetle:D you know its rights it nothing to be ashamed of vw own everything.

Its the other way around dim wit LOL: we really need to have a man to man talk Dan

Conspiracy
13-05-09, 21:57
we really need to have a man to man talk Dan

He needs a good thrashing :D Bloody wippersnapper Rasp:

just dan
13-05-09, 21:59
carefull don't wanna break a hip or something.Rasp:

aggie
17-05-09, 21:14
Just an update on progress,i have now had both hips re-enforced so im going to beat his little head in until he learns some respect:D

As for Blue which is the obvious name for my T4 well he's starting to look dappa:cool:and feels much better to driveT:
Spent friday afternoon replacing the broken rear springs and front lower ball joints and i also wound the front down to match the new 60mm springs which are actually lower than the snapped 40's:eek: i removed,oh i also removed the rubber top plate's for extra lowerinT:
My old porsche rims wouldnt fit back on the rear because the tyres are too tall so i had to fit my new rims to which i will have to remove again this week when my shorter shox arrive from Germany.:(
Also changed the engine oil and filter,fuel filter and cleaned the K&N i forgot i had ;)

Then i spent most of today dodging the showers and being very busy with both Blue and Albert our 56 bug.
Before i began,this is how he's looked since 2001 except for the bra which went on in 2006
and i satin blacked the grille when i dropped the TDi lump in last sept.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/rustmuncher/016.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/rustmuncher/17052009044.jpg

Lower splitter i been meaning to fit since i stripped the golf TDi donor car last sept
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/rustmuncher/17052009045.jpg

New grill satin black again thanks to big bad bear saving it for me for eons and eonsT:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/rustmuncher/17052009046.jpg

Still waiting for more nice goodies but the postman has not yet delivered them:(
So i decided to have a good wash,cut,polish and waxing session instead T:
Will post some pics up dreckly:D

rocketron
17-05-09, 21:33
holy steve, steady on. dont think ive ever seen it so clean. nice tho very nice. T:

aggie
17-05-09, 21:57
holy steve, steady on. dont think ive ever seen it so clean. nice tho very nice. T:

yea its a good job no one reported me to the RSPT4's or i would have been nicked:eek:
I know though that lying beneath all that muck and grime is a gem and every now an again i give it a good scrubb upT:
Em's been busy too scrubbing up old Albert ready for PVF on friday
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/rustmuncher/17052009052.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/rustmuncher/17052009053.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/rustmuncher/17052009056.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/rustmuncher/17052009057.jpg
Cheesy bullet holes hide the dingsA:
Was almost dark by the time we hung our rags out to dry!
There is still more to come hopefully all done for fridayT:

hendrix
17-05-09, 22:25
Nice work folks..............OOOOOOOOOoooooooooHHHhhhhhhhhh! A: Just proves that under a dirty van there's a beautious bus....you just need to know how and when to unleash it :DA:A:A:A:A:A:

Hendrix is an ugly duckling - his day as a swan will come! :D

rocketron
17-05-09, 22:52
thats lookin lush steve, i wont lie to you.

fookin lovin those rims. im off to the states in sept so will be lookin out for some to bring home.T:

Phoenix
17-05-09, 23:47
Looking ace dude

crosser
18-05-09, 07:37
looking well nice steveA:

your not helping my case of wheel envy though:D

Mozzer
18-05-09, 09:29
looking sweeeeeeett.................

Mozzer
18-05-09, 15:52
Whats the size and spec of them rims steve looking sweet as........

HedgeHugger
18-05-09, 17:12
Mmmm...rims...! Nice work, Steve! T:

aggie
18-05-09, 17:18
Cheers for the nice replies folks makes a nice change from the thread killers that some inmature members postI:

Rims are special NOT AUDILOL: 8x18 with 225/40r18 rubber,i think they look a bit small though:(

There is more to come aswell,still waiting for the postmanJ:

HedgeHugger
18-05-09, 17:21
Rims are 8x18 with 225/40r18 rubber,i think they look a bit small though:(

Depends what you're comparing them to... LOL:LOL:LOL:

crosser
18-05-09, 17:28
8x18 with 225/40r18 rubber,i think they look a bit small though:(

i think they look spot on do you know what et they are?

aggie
18-05-09, 17:35
i think they look spot on do you know what et they are?

ET45 dean,just rightA:

T4Canuck
18-05-09, 18:15
Van is looking good.A:

How's the ride with the new suspension and tires?

Mozzer
18-05-09, 18:47
Look im sorry to have to be the bringer of bad news but that grill........."It looks :*"

but being a decent bloke im willing to swap it for my carbon one. ;)............

As for them wheels yep they are far to small.......agian im willing to go out on a limb and get you rolling on some genuine one off 15" steelies (not mine but conspiracy would understand......) dont worry i ll pop round during the hours of darkness to do the swap and you ll wake up to one sweet looking T4........................... LOL:LOL:LOL:

800special
18-05-09, 18:49
Sweet ride mr aggie!! there you are again inspiring me and all my money out my poket.. when are all us tdis gunna unite midland region??

VW V8 HJK
18-05-09, 19:16
hey steve looking good mate can wait to see it friday night

Speak soon

Harley

HedgeHugger
18-05-09, 19:19
...anyone else spending money in their head that they haven't actually got?... :eek: (the money, not a head, obviously...)

hendrix
18-05-09, 19:20
There is more to come aswell,still waiting for the postmanJ:

Whatcha got coming Stevo? H:

I might need some fake bullet holes to cover up a bit of a faux-pas that I might have made when I might have drilled through a bit of a tiny side panel possibly maybe might have done it maybe 5 times I might have :confused:

crosser
18-05-09, 19:37
...anyone else spending money in their head that they haven't actually got?... :eek: (the money, not a head, obviously...)

hell yeah doyou know how many new sets of wheels i've boughtLOL: thats without all the other bits that i actually need to get T:

HedgeHugger
18-05-09, 19:51
hell yeah doyou know how many new sets of wheels i've boughtLOL:

...stop banging them up kerbs then, fella! LOL: You gonna make it to say hello at PVF, Deanster? T:

aggie
18-05-09, 19:54
Van is looking good.A:

How's the ride with the new suspension and tires?

Ride is far better than before but im still waiting for a set of shorter sock absorbers that are coming from Germny,once there on it will be sweeeeeeet!!:D

aggie
18-05-09, 19:57
Whatcha got coming Stevo? H:

I might need some fake bullet holes to cover up a bit of a faux-pas that I might have made when I might have drilled through a bit of a tiny side panel possibly maybe might have done it maybe 5 times I might have :confused:

Got a couple left in the magazine Hendrix:D:DLOL:

Final few bits n bobs are top secret just incase they dont arrive

crosser
18-05-09, 20:03
You gonna make it to say hello at PVF, Deanster? T:

yeah still hoping to come across on saturday hopefully catch up with you

Conspiracy
18-05-09, 20:29
Thats lookin nice Steve :cool: Good work fella A:

Chris :ILU:

aggie
18-05-09, 21:08
Sweet ride mr aggie!! there you are again inspiring me and all my money out my poket.. when are all us tdis gunna unite midland region??

Cheers dude! did you get your TDI up and running ok? any help from the decorating fella?
Its not often i leave the county of cornwall to get up country to the midlands,it gets a bit scary with all the immigrants and congestion etc etc LOL:

You made the new elite 1.9TDI badge yet?

aggie
18-05-09, 21:09
yeah still hoping to come across on saturday hopefully catch up with you

Are you bringing the funky mini bar with you Dean?

crosser
18-05-09, 21:15
Are you bringing the funky mini bar with you Dean?

not this time mate or else i won't be able to drive home:D save it for the cornwall massive camping weekend:DA:

need to see your van as i want to drool over your new wheelsLOL:

aggie
18-05-09, 21:25
not this time mate or else i won't be able to drive home:D save it for the cornwall massive camping weekend:DA:

need to see your van as i want to drool over your new wheelsLOL:

Great as i didnt want any more of that funky alcohol not that i was ungrateful at lobbs,it did taste nice but made me insane the day after!

Make sure you have a towel to wipe your drool off me new rims:D

crosser
18-05-09, 21:27
Great as i didnt want any more of that funky alcohol not that i was ungrateful at lobbs,it did taste nice but made me insane the day after!

Make sure you have a towel to wipe your drool off me new rims:D

no worries mate i noticed you were suffering the next day:D i'll try and control my drooling so its not too badT:

Freespirit
18-05-09, 22:04
Iv told you before mr.audi wheels, my porsche wheels are not vag rims when you gonna learn young one? How dare you bongo boyLOL:LOL:LOL:

1st dibs on yer porsche wheels steve?

aggie
19-05-09, 19:50
1st dibs on yer porsche wheels steve?

Sorry Carl but there my winter wheels as i dont want to roll the LM's through the winter

Freespirit
19-05-09, 19:56
:eek: damn s**t, b******s, worth a try, just what im looking for, new ones look sick mate..........one day ill have porsche wheels :blg, hopefully see ya soon

aggie
19-05-09, 20:46
Hey the postman brought me some goodies today:D but not the best bits:(
Got my shortened shox,new rear foglamp,set of four Genuine mudflaps and a new passenger mirror! All fitted this evening after work but will have to give the front suspension a bit of tlc as it knocking without the bumpstops:eek:

A few more bits to come so hopefully they will arrive before fridayT: