Help / Advice / Rear Seats? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Help / Advice / Rear Seats?

crisnsatch
31-05-09, 19:26
Hi everyone...

I haven't been on here in a while, as I had to sell my T4 last year (I've looked in on the site now and again and kept up my subscription and felt very jelous at all the other T4 owners!)... Gutted!:) Anyway, I'm planning to use my week off work in my new job to get myself another... prefer 2.4 or 2.5 but will settle for a 1.9. (All Derv, not into petrol vehicles). My question(s) is... anyone know of a good scrappy / or selling any cheap rear seats with belts because the money I'm looking to spend on an old battered T4 (1600 max) prob won't include rear seats already fitted! (Prob end up with an old builders / plasterers van and go from there!) We have recently relocated to South Wales, so we still haven't got our bearings yet and I don't know of any friendly garages / scrappers that won't rip me off!:eek: Even if anyone knows of someone that will fit some seats with belts quite cheap? I've been quoted 600 to fit some quick release seats!!!!! My last T4... I got some old coach seats for free, used M18 bar/bolts and fitted them myself!:confused: I'm really lookin forward to gettin another T4 and poss even joining a club or deffo going to shows / meets/ camping get-togethers! I think if we can find something local, make some friends etc, it will help the kids, myself and wife settle in up here more!?!?! I've got to find a van yet... even better if someone is willing to P/X an 02 Nissan Almera for a T4 but any help or info on the seat situation would be very gratefully received, as it's gonna be one of the 1st things I have to sort out after getting hold of another van. Thanks... hope everyone enjoyed the sunny weekend... many more to come hopefully? Chris..:confused:

ted1976
31-05-09, 19:46
:ILU:hi, i've just fitted a velle triple rear seat to my van using origanal velle rear seat belts. the marks are in the floor ready to drill, all three holes are thereon each side for the seat belts its just a case of reinforcing the mounting points for the belts which the parts i believe are available from vw (i made my own) as a spanner rating i give it 2 ot of 5.
good luck and enjoy.T:

crisnsatch
31-05-09, 19:55
:ILU:hi, i've just fitted a velle triple rear seat to my van using origanal velle rear seat belts. the marks are in the floor ready to drill, all three holes are thereon each side for the seat belts its just a case of reinforcing the mounting points for the belts which the parts i believe are available from vw (i made my own) as a spanner rating i give it 2 ot of 5.
good luck and enjoy.T:

Cheers Ted...It's prob the way I will go... fitting my own again, keeping the costs down (Just don't want the hassle, nowhere to work on a van at our new place!)! Can't wait to get my hands on another van though!T:

colese
31-05-09, 20:44
Rear seats and belts are pretty easy as above mate.

Front double will fit in the back with twin lapbelts fitted just need to be bolted and welded in underneath as you only use the 2 front chassis points.
A front double later with 3 point belt would be good,sorts 1 belt,then just use lapbelt
With these as above make sure they are fitted and secured very well,i have 5 inch plates welded underneath to stop any pull through in case of accident.insurance approved as well.

Rear double fit a piece of :* using mushrooms,as above holes are already there,just need to be drilled out.

give me a pm if you need any advice,always have seats and belts come up,so give me a shout in a week or so,if you dont find anything.

simon.:ILU:

crisnsatch
31-05-09, 20:50
Rear seats and belts are pretty easy as above mate.

Front double will fit in the back with twin lapbelts fitted just need to be bolted and welded in underneath as you only use the 2 front chassis points.
A front double later with 3 point belt would be good,sorts 1 belt,then just use lapbelt
With these as above make sure they are fitted and secured very well,i have 5 inch plates welded underneath to stop any pull through in case of accident.insurance approved as well.

Rear double fit a piece of :* using mushrooms,as above holes are already there,just need to be drilled out.

give me a pm if you need any advice,always have seats and belts come up,so give me a shout in a week or so,if you dont find anything.

simon.:ILU:

Cheers, matey... let you know if I get stuck. Thank's again.... Chris.T:

mccorry109
01-06-09, 21:15
There's an ex AA rear double, quick release, with belts, that will fit using mushroom bolts in the for Sale section on here for 100. I think it's in Plymouth, but once you get your van sorted I reckon you'll be wanting to take it for a spin, so why not?

Meatball
02-06-09, 15:14
i've got a front double knocking around in the garage that you can have for nowt, i keep banging into it needs a clean or better still a cover but yours if you want it

Dave